SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
I am now in my 5th week of waiting for the parts! Dealership assures me they’re arriving next week ??
Sponsored

IMDIDOC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag
Can you guys be a little more specific about the noise you’re hearing? Is like a big loud thunk? Or more of a rattling noise like gravel in the wheel well? That’s what mine sounds like. It only occurs when making a sharp left turn.
Mine too. Hard left. A clicking noise like the gravel sound. The steering is electric, so no hydraulic pressure release. Just add it to the weird things about the car.

v8318cid

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MMe Prm. 4x , 19 Nissan Leaf, 22 GC 4xe
Occupation
Information Tech
Country flag
+1. Just noticed this on mine (AWD) this week. Left turns, can hear the clunk, and feel it through the steering wheel. Doesn't happen every time, but it is there. I'll ask about it when I take the car in for the glass recalls (once that situation settles a bit and I confirm the local dealer can do it; not going back to selling dealer unless its dire...).

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
So I've started hearing what sounds like rattling in the front of my car during predominantly sharp, slow left hand turns when first starting the vehicle, but also some on right hand turns. I think it was something rolling around in the frunk, but nothing is there to make that noise.

Does it sound like I've got the same thing going on? If so, it'll go on my list when the car goes in for the recall service. Along with not being able to open, lock or unlock front passenger door from outside while holding the fob. I have to either open another door or unlock using my fob.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Just now seeing this thread and reading about this issue in another thread, is there a Job 1 issue or are later models affected as well?

jjwolf

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium 4X, M3, Yukon
Country flag
guessing this is a design defect that will result in a recall.... there are so many people on this forum complaining about it and inventory is nonexistent, which makes me think this is a big issue. i told my regular mechanic to be ready to be replacing front axles on Mach-Es as soon as the warranties expire.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
guessing this is a design defect that will result in a recall.... there are so many people on this forum complaining about it and inventory is nonexistent, which makes me think this is a big issue. i told my regular mechanic to be ready to be replacing front axles on Mach-Es as soon as the warranties expire.
My dealership had the part in next day, from what I understand. It only took them 2 days to repair...

• Wow
Reactions: Nav

jjwolf

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium 4X, M3, Yukon
Country flag
My dealership had the part in next day, from what I understand. It only took them 2 days to repair...
I've been waiting three weeks now. A few others have also had long part lead times.

• Sad

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I knew it was too good to be true. Was told part will be here in a couple days. That day came and went. Found out yesterday they placed another order for the same part (halfshaft) since the first one still hasn't shown up and they're not sure....

?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Sorry to hear you guys having parts difficulties! Not really sure how my dealership managed to fix so quickly.

Sully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium ER AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My update....still waiting for my service advisor to hear from the engineer about what could be causing the issue. The tech heard the noise. I have been calling for updates, but no luck. Then the service advisor said he was opening a technician assistance request (I think that is what he called it).

I asked what the tech looked at when it was there a month ago (original day I took it in for this) and he said the tech basically looked at the suspension and bolts. He didn't go any further.

I mentioned that other owners were reporting issues with the half shaft CV joints, etc. He told me it made sense and is possibly the issue. Then told me he would note it then look to see if there is anything documented. He said he would check with the technician to see if he happen to check the CV joints, axle, half shaft, etc.

I still haven't heard anything. I am planning to call on Monday to see if there are any updates.

• Sad

clhardy5

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RR Prem 4X (sold) and 2022 Space White GTPE
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
My car is making a clicking sound as well - I was sent over here to see if it's the same issue. Mine doesn't really do it just during turning - but driving forward as well - any speed over around 15mph. I'm attaching a short video. It's hard to hear the sound in the video - but if you listen closely you can here the 'wheel of fortune clicking'. Fast forward to about 15 seconds...and turn the volume up. It sounds louder in person - like you can't miss it. The noise stops once I take my food off of the accelerator (one
pedal driving). I have an appointment on Dec 8th to have it checked out - Came here wondering if it was safe to drive.

jrdelong1043

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic
Occupation
Utility Arborist
Country flag
My update....still waiting for my service advisor to hear from the engineer about what could be causing the issue. The tech heard the noise. I have been calling for updates, but no luck. Then the service advisor said he was opening a technician assistance request (I think that is what he called it).

I asked what the tech looked at when it was there a month ago (original day I took it in for this) and he said the tech basically looked at the suspension and bolts. He didn't go any further.

I mentioned that other owners were reporting issues with the half shaft CV joints, etc. He told me it made sense and is possibly the issue. Then told me he would note it then look to see if there is anything documented. He said he would check with the technician to see if he happen to check the CV joints, axle, half shaft, etc.

I still haven't heard anything. I am planning to call on Monday to see if there are any updates.
Ford is replacing my front motor. They the noise is coming from inside the motor. I’m awaiting a new motor as we speak. Car drives fine, just makes the noise when your turn a hard left and right at low speeds.

Sully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium ER AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ford is replacing my front motor. They the noise is coming from inside the motor. I’m awaiting a new motor as we speak. Car drives fine, just makes the noise when your turn a hard left and right at low speeds.
I called today and it is going in on Thursday. They told me they heard back from someone, but it wasn't anything useful. (Their words, not mine) We will see come Thursday, but I just hope to have some answer. Mine is making noise on low speed left and right turns where it's more of a sharper turn like pulling out of a parking spot, turning out on to a street or figure eights in a parking lot (the technician did this).
Sponsored