Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
For the EV veterans out there...

I've had my MME for 2 weeks now and I've always charged to 90% at home on the 240v with the exception of 2 full D/C charges (~20% - 80%) and 2 top off D/C charges of about 8 minutes each.

When I first got my MME the 90% charge would last me 2 full days of commuting. Today is the first day I'm having to charge again overnight after a one day commute to get me the range I need to get to work and back tomorrow.

Is this a battery break-in issue or the MME learning my driving style and adjusting the estimated range accordingly?

Just as a reference, two days of commuting would leave me about 15 miles of range left on day 3. Now I'm showing a deficit of about 20 miles for my commute tomorrow, forcing me to recharge tonight.
Sponsored

NotSoJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Mustang Mach-E reservation holder
Country flag
For the EV veterans out there...

I've had my MME for 2 weeks now and I've always charged to 90% at home on the 240v with the exception of 2 full D/C charges (~20% - 80%) and 2 top off D/C charges of about 8 minutes each.

When I first got my MME the 90% charge would last me 2 full days of commuting. Today is the first day I'm having to charge again overnight after a one day commute to get me the range I need to get to work and back tomorrow.

Is this a battery break-in issue or the MME learning my driving style and adjusting the estimated range accordingly?

Just as a reference, two days of commuting would leave me about 15 miles of range left on day 3. Now I'm showing a deficit of about 20 miles for my commute tomorrow, forcing me to recharge tonight.
You could always reset your driving history to see if that changes anything.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
The estimated range is just an estimate. For the MME it's fairly pessimistic. So yeah, just getting used to how you drive. I wouldn't worry about it, and you probably have more range than the estimate is telling you.

However, having said that, I wouldn't count on there being 15 miles or range just because the range estimate told me there would be. I would DEFINITELY plug in to make sure I had more range than that at the end of day 2. Is there some reason you don't want to plug in every night? FYI the batteries prefer to operate in the middle of the SOC, which plugging in every night would do.

MachE911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE, C-Max Energi, 911
Country flag
Use your trip meter and look at your miles/kWh. That’s all that’s gonna matter.

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
Can you change the Mach-E's display in any way to show or highlight battery percentage?

Sorry if this isn't an option as I don't drive a Mach-E but have lots of experience with other EVs. I always prefer battery percentage on any EV as it's much more consistent.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Can you change the Mach-E's display in any way to show or highlight battery percentage?

Sorry if this isn't an option as I don't drive a Mach-E but have lots of experience with other EVs. I always prefer battery percentage on any EV as it's much more consistent.
It already shows battery percentage.

Even so the driver's display is not configurable.

OP
OP
DanCoon

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
The estimated range is just an estimate. For the MME it's fairly pessimistic. So yeah, just getting used to how you drive. I wouldn't worry about it, and you probably have more range than the estimate is telling you.

However, having said that, I wouldn't count on there being 15 miles or range just because the range estimate told me there would be. I would DEFINITELY plug in to make sure I had more range than that at the end of day 2. Is there some reason you don't want to plug in every night? FYI the batteries prefer to operate in the middle of the SOC, which plugging in every night would do.
Yeah I'll be looking into solutions to help me plug in every night in the next few weeks. I plug in as needed out of convenience right now. My wife is a terrible driver and I don't want to risk her navigating around my MME as she backs out of the garage and driveway. So I have to wake up early when she goes to work and move my car when its plugged in overnight.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Yes. Battery state of charge is available as a numerical percentage value depending on what driving mode you are in.
Sponsored