Battery conditioning

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Isn't that what the "start" button does? It doesn't fully turn on the car as far as I can tell since it still tells me to press the brake and turn on when I get in.
No.

The only way to precondition the battery is to set a departure time and plug in the vehicle.

Doing a Remote Start does not precondition. It puts the vehicle into Accessory mode, and warms/cools the cabin.
Sponsored

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Isn't that what the "start" button does? It doesn't fully turn on the car as far as I can tell since it still tells me to press the brake and turn on when I get in.
Not exactly "preconditioning" if it starts after you're in the car. Preconditioning brings the battery pack and other components to optimal temperatures so the car is operating at its best when you start driving. Without it, you're probably to your destination before the car is optimized.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Eh…… move to Arizona. 333 days of the year pre-conditioning would never be necessary.

But Eh Ford nitwits. No ventilated seats. Are you serious…grrr Grrr. My rump despises your feature selection

Jes sayin. Probably doesn’t solve your problem, but I did feel I need to “vent” (rimshot) again on the lack of freaking ventilated seats. Grrrrr

MW1515

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
When you all are talking about preconditioning using a departure time, you are talking about getting the battery up to normal operating temp?
When you leave the MME plugged in in below freezing Temps it will heat the battery to keep it from getting too cold right? Nowhere near operating temp but warm enough to prevent battery life reduction? My old Bolt used to do that...

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
There should be a product that is roughly the length x width of the battery tray, but low enough to driver over. Plug it in overnight and it keeps the battery at like 45-50 deg F. You’d be able to drive away immediately without spending a hour plus to precondition a departure time. Bonus if it could somehow raise itself slightly after the car is stopped to close the gap with the bottom of the car.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
There should be a product that is roughly the length x width of the battery tray, but low enough to driver over. Plug it in overnight and it keeps the battery at like 45-50 deg F. You’d be able to drive away immediately without spending a hour plus to precondition a departure time. Bonus if it could somehow raise itself slightly after the car is stopped to close the gap with the bottom of the car.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/introducing-the-ev-cozy™-no-more-winter-range-blues.22070/

Fordmaybe

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No ford yet
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
You would use more electricity to heat the battery from the outside in is my though.
Sponsored