Melnichic

First Name
Melanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
It took 3 weeks to get my battery replaced. I really think they have one guy in Texas that can do the job. I'll be waiting a while before taking it in for the recall on the windows. :(
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Update #2 Today... Just got the call that they put the battery in and Ford sent the wrong battery. Yes, that's right folks, someone found another way to screw this up. This battery has apparently sat at the dealer for weeks and no one bothered to check the part number.
I’d be more than a bit suspicious at this point.

OP
OP
imstriker

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I’d be more than a bit suspicious at this point.
Oh, it's hard not to just laugh at it all any more. I did realize that the one bonus is that I have stayed out of the threads about crappy OTA and no BlueCruise. No need to worry about it when you don't even have a car.

Apparently they sent the RWD extended range battery which is missing a single small plug versus the AWD extended range. Or so I'm told. We will see what the word is today.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
I just got a call from the dealer. The tools were miraculously located over night and the car will be done Monday. That turned around fast. I'm not going to count my chickens though, they have given me dates before only to find out they had the wrong thing.
Hey there! I'm near Indianapolis as well. What dealer are you using? I used Tom Wood on the north side for the PaaK update and they seemed to have their stuff together.

OP
OP
imstriker

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Hey there! I'm near Indianapolis as well. What dealer are you using? I used Tom Wood on the north side for the PaaK update and they seemed to have their stuff together.
I'm using Ray Skillman. They have done really well up to this issue. The PaaK update went well, replacing an axle went well. It's really hard to see where the line is between dealer and Ford on these screw ups.

dmasteR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Audi S4
Country flag
Update #2 Today... Just got the call that they put the battery in and Ford sent the wrong battery. Yes, that's right folks, someone found another way to screw this up. This battery has apparently sat at the dealer for weeks and no one bothered to check the part number.

You should really be sending this to media. Ford needs a little fire under them to get this solved asap.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
That is an ultimate F-U. Get in contact with Ford Executives using the info on Elliot Advocacy and start getting this process expedited.

I'd also argue as much as you can to get a loaner. And also start looking into this being a lemon.

One final piece of input I'll suggest is that as soon as the repair is done, consider selling and placing a new order if you're at all concerned of the repairs not being done properly, or potentially experiencing other issues after the battery replacement has been completed.

OP
OP
imstriker

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
That is an ultimate F-U. Get in contact with Ford Executives using the info on Elliot Advocacy and start getting this process expedited.

I'd also argue as much as you can to get a loaner. And also start looking into this being a lemon.

One final piece of input I'll suggest is that as soon as the repair is done, consider selling and placing a new order if you're at all concerned of the repairs not being done properly, or potentially experiencing other issues after the battery replacement has been completed.
Appreciate the help. I do have an upper-up at Ford involved now who is keeping tabs on it. It sounds like they are moving the proper battery my way rapidly. I'm going to give them to the end of the week to get this sorted out. If not, I'll start taking the less pleasant approaches.

ShadowCVL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, GMC Sierra, MME Premium
Occupation
IT and Electronics
Country flag
Appreciate the help. I do have an upper-up at Ford involved now who is keeping tabs on it. It sounds like they are moving the proper battery my way rapidly. I'm going to give them to the end of the week to get this sorted out. If not, I'll start taking the less pleasant approaches.
You have my kind of luck, thats amazing, how do you not check the part number at delivery? Do they not have to inventory big ticket items?

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
If I'm remembering correctly the issue was in how the towing company secured the vehicle to the flatbed - there are a few appealing looking holes in the battery frame that tow drivers want to put their hooks into, but it is soft aluminum and will just tear open. They need to look at the actual tow guidelines to make sure they are securing in the right location.

The battery probably was safe to operate, but I can understand the abundance of caution, especially as everyone is still getting used to the product.

The towing and securing guidelines are linked in this post - might not be a bad idea to print out and throw in the glove box for reference.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-no-towing-hooks-on-your-car.7230/post-203571
So any idea why those holes are there? can we just put some tape or something over it to prevent tow truck drivers using it.

OP
OP
imstriker

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
You have my kind of luck, thats amazing, how do you not check the part number at delivery? Do they not have to inventory big ticket items?
Well, according to them, this is the only part that works this particular way. They sent a Ford Engineer photos of everything and Ford themselves ordered the part. Unlike other items where they order the part, so they did not check it when it came in.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
OP
OP
imstriker

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
OP
OP
imstriker

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Update 10/27/21: The new fast shipped battery arrived in this morning. Guess what, it's the wrong battery again. Apparently Ford shipped another RWD battery to the dealer. I think I'm about to concede, Ford was not ready for EVs.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Update 10/27/21: The new fast shipped battery arrived in this morning. Guess what, it's the wrong battery again. Apparently Ford shipped another RWD battery to the dealer. I think I'm about to concede, Ford was not ready for EVs.
that is amazingly bad. Is it ford making the mistake or the dealer parts people?
Sponsored