Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
that is amazingly bad. Is it ford making the mistake or the dealer parts people?
According to the dealer it is all on Ford. They say they cannot even order these parts and it is coming from a Ford Engineer.
Sponsored

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
According to the dealer it is all on Ford. They say they cannot even order these parts and it is coming from a Ford Engineer.
I would find a public outlet to let people know about this. Perhaps a local TV station has a "troubleshooter" or reach out to the folks at Jalopnik or MotorTrend. Sunlight can be a great disenfectant. You have been through enough.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Update 10/27/21: The new fast shipped battery arrived in this morning. Guess what, it's the wrong battery again. Apparently Ford shipped another RWD battery to the dealer. I think I'm about to concede, Ford was not ready for EVs.
At this point, I would absolutely flip my shit.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Update 10/27/21: The new fast shipped battery arrived in this morning. Guess what, it's the wrong battery again. Apparently Ford shipped another RWD battery to the dealer. I think I'm about to concede, Ford was not ready for EVs.
That's amazingly amateurish. Same part number for both batteries? If not, how could they not make sure they shipped a DIFFERENT 1200lb part the second time?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Crazy that they sent the wrong part twice. Do they have the Three Stooges in shipping and the Bowery Boys picking orders?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
FYI the correct part number for the AWD extended pack is is LJ9Z-10B759-A.

They must have ordered -B which is the RWD version.

OP
OP
imstriker

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
FYI the correct part number for the AWD extended pack is is LJ9Z-10B759-A.

They must have ordered -B which is the RWD version.
Thanks. I am going to offer to share that with them when I get my daily excuse call. Appreciate the info!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Lemon law it at this point. This is beyond absurd. Let whomever you’re in contact Roth in the Ford executive ranks know how inexcusable this is, what you expect to be done, set a deadline and tell them what your next step will be.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Lemon law it at this point. This is beyond absurd. Let whomever you’re in contact Roth in the Ford executive ranks know how inexcusable this is, what you expect to be done, set a deadline and tell them what your next step will be.
Bill is absolutely right here. Lemon law and some public awareness of this shit show brought to you by Ford. You are more patient than I am on this one. I'd have a lawyer involved already and be discussing with them what they are going to do to make you whole again. Stop being a doormat to these guys.

OP
OP
imstriker

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Bill is absolutely right here. Lemon law and some public awareness of this shit show brought to you by Ford. You are more patient than I am on this one. I'd have a lawyer involved already and be discussing with them what they are going to do to make you whole again. Stop being a doormat to these guys.
I just got off the phone with the Ford Executive team. We are having the discussion now of replacement or refund if they cannot fix the car.

Honestly, I consider myself pretty fortunate that my world does not revolve around this car. A younger me would be lost and probably a lot more worked up.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
I just got off the phone with the Ford Executive team. We are having the discussion now of replacement or refund if they cannot fix the car.

Honestly, I consider myself pretty fortunate that my world does not revolve around this car. A younger me would be lost and probably a lot more worked up.
I wish you well in this engagement with the Ford team. Keep us posted. It just seems like somebody in Ford leadership should have stood up earlier and made it right.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
this is something the OP brought up that makes me wonder would lemon law apply. THe battery was damaged while being hooked up to be towed. So it's not really a manufacturing flaw, so does LL apply?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
You should get a GTPE for all your exerted patience ?

OP
OP
imstriker

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
You should get a GTPE for all your exerted patience ?
Don't worry, I casually asked in one of my conversations with Ford. Pretty sure the dead silence indicated a yes and it is already on its way :)

OP
OP
imstriker

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Well it appears I might have used up all of my phone credits with Ford. After getting daily updates, things have gone radio silent again. The "Ford Executive" office was supposed to get back with me about the new, new, new battery shipment. Have not heard from them or the dealer. Just leaving messages again....
Sponsored