Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
I'm in the opposite camp. There's so many things that I wish I had it's hard to say what I like ...

Coming from years of convenience features I really wish I had a leather option, heads up display, AC cooled seats, AC Cooled/Heated cup holders, a QI charger that actually worked. I wish Ford would have given us options and a lot less plastic/pleather especially for 70k.

If I had to pick something I like -

Acceleration
The technology (Sync4 & Center Screen)
Not having to go to a gas station
I like the pleather rather than real leather. I just don't like the smell of real leather.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Wow, holy street furniture overload Batman! Is it like this everywhere in the US?
Luckily not! In fact it's not even like this almost anywhere in San Francisco (where this was taken), much less the US. This particular station is right next to a freeway exit and always has particularly high prices. I think the US average price is a bit over $5/gallon now.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Wow, holy street furniture overload Batman! Is it like this everywhere in the US?
I'm gonna have to partially disagree with @JohnFoxeSheets ... While it's not like this everywhere in California, it's definitely worse or the same in many parts of California.

The California average right now is $6.41. where I live it's routinely $7.20+ for premium and many places in rural California are the same with some areas, such as in between Eureka and Crescent City even hitting $10 USD per gallon. City prices, as he mentioned San Francisco, are often lower due to competition and density of stations.

Nationally, it's all over the place, so here's AAA data on averages by state https://gasprices.aaa.com/state-gas-price-averages/

As for your liking of pleather, to each their own. I think the MME plasticy new car smell is gross and many others have agreed in other threads.

Last edited:

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have to agree with DevSecOps on this. I regularly see prices $7 and up. I took this yesterday in Manteca on my way to SF airport where I saw several more stations with similar prices.

IMG_1979.jpeg

coulomb

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Extended Premium, VW Golf
Occupation
Computer geek
Country flag
When Apple CarPlay indicates I'm getting a text message, it turns down the music volume and it shuts down the fan/AC so I can hear the message from Siri. Nice touch!

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The kick to open trunk!
Well my kick to open trunk worked perfectly until I received some OTA’s. It no longer works all the time. Ford calls that progress

Last edited:

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
Coming from a 4 cyl Honda Accord - The Go Pedal
Commuting 60 miles a day - No Gas stations and BlueCruise
As an IT person - All the technology they packed into this car, even if it doesn't always work as designed all the time. We call those features!

I smile when I pass a gas station...until I put gas in the wife's SUV :oops: I do laugh at the lines when I go to Costco!
Sponsored