Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 2WD Standard Range
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
šŸ˜µ

This is a longtime Ford feature. If this is your favorite feature on a car that goes 0 to 60 in under 5 seconds, costs pennies a mile to drive, .... ;)
Kudos to Ford.

Previously had a Chevy Equinox and don't know how many times I got hit in the head when lowering the visor and everything falling out. My wife liked to put her credit card there after bank or fast food food drivethrough and frequently the card fell under the seat when lowering the visor and we had to search for the card.

Simple thing that Ford did - suprised other manufacturers don't have these clips.

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
Favorite feature for me, selectable drive modes, for other drivers...auto high/low beam, you're welcome.

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
Looking forward to PIN to lock/unlock as well!

I don't suppose Mach E has PIN to drive also? It would be nice to leave my phone/fob in the car without worrying about someone driving off.

Deleted member 3569

By far my favorite is BlueCruise ... now I can conquer the long .... dull flat highways stretches of Florida turnpike baking under 96ĀŗF sun and 100% humidity in a stress free comfortable cabin and with both hands off the steering wheel.

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
Ok, I have to say my favorite feature of the car-is the overall experience. Sorry-for me It is for me not just one single feature. It is because of how this car blends all of these features:

Instant acceleration (go pedal)
BlueCruise/ASAS (both hands-off on highways and hands on virtually all roads)
MagneRide
Front seats and seating for 5
Large trunk and frunk
impressive handling and stopping power too
Unique styling (that we really like)
Fairly intuitive User Experience (center stack)
360 camera
Overall ergonomics
Great overall driving experience
But as much as I love this car, it would not have been even a consideration unless it was 100% electric that covers 100% of my driving needs without using public charging for every day use (350+ days per year). The other days we may fly somewhere to go on a road trip. This car does everything that I want including the range.
There is not one other car that scores as many high marks as this car for my/our needs.

I guess my favorite feature is it "checks all the boxes."

Last edited:

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I'm in the opposite camp. There's so many things that I wish I had it's hard to say what I like ...

Coming from years of convenience features I really wish I had a leather option, heads up display, AC cooled seats, AC Cooled/Heated cup holders, a QI charger that actually worked. I wish Ford would have given us options and a lot less plastic/pleather especially for 70k.

If I had to pick something I like -

Acceleration
The technology (Sync4 & Center Screen)
Not having to go to a gas station

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm in the opposite camp. There's so many things that I wish I had it's hard to say what I like ...

Coming from years of convenience features I really wish I had a leather option, heads up display, AC cooled seats, AC Cooled/Heated cup holders, a QI charger that actually worked. I wish Ford would have given us options and a lot less plastic/pleather especially for 70k.

If I had to pick something I like -

Acceleration
The technology (Sync4 & Center Screen)
Not having to go to a gas station
For me there is really nothing in this price range that does as many things as well for my uses as this does. In 1-3 years the levels of what it takes to ā€œcheck my boxesā€œ may changeā€¦but in 2022, I still donā€™t see any other car that can come close to getting as high a personal rating for what I want in a daily driver than the MME GTPE in Cyber Orange.

Everyone has their own desires-I get thatā€¦but I (we) got this car for our family in 2022 and expect to keep this car for 10 years +++ (Still driving our 2002 Rav4EV on batteries manufactured 20 years ago).

Is the car perfect-no, I would not say that. Every vehicle on the market today is full of compromisesā€¦I would love to have ventilated seats and a HUD, heat pump and Level 4 autonomy (have not noticed it yet - but the 5 second limit would be nice if it was not there). What I was trying to say is the MME GTPE does check more boxes with more performance and features than any other car in a semi reasonably similar price range and form factor in 2022 for ME.

Maybe I should have said, my favorite feature is: I have made fewer sacrafices to get as many of the great features that I desired -all on this one vehicle. For me/us it is better than anything else on the market today for what I/we want in a single car and how we live.

clsmooths

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT performance & Premium ER RWD
Occupation
Assistant manager
Country flag
Da looks...šŸ‘€. Ohhh yeah 0-60. And ohh yeah its fully electric(no gasšŸ˜Ž)

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The silence.
Drove on a newly paved road a couple days ago. The road was so smooth and the car so quiet that the decibel meter on my Apple Watch was only showing 50db at 50 MPH.
+1

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
The volume knob. I love the low tech way they implemented it.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Glass roof. I have claustrophobia and without the glass roof I couldn't own or ride in the car.

jglor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Dark Matter Gray RWD Mach-E
Country flag
My last car was a 2011, so I know a some of these features aren't Mach-E specific, more just modern car features:
  • Android Auto - love having the map on the car screen instead of having to clip my phone to an air vent.
  • Walk up unlock and walk away lock. No fumbling with the fob (which I do still keep in my pocket)
  • Charging at home - No gas
  • Automatic liftgate
  • Bluecruise + adaptive cruise control
  • It's just a really cool looking car

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My last car was a 2011, so I know a some of these features aren't Mach-E specific, more just modern car features:
  • Android Auto - love having the map on the car screen instead of having to clip my phone to an air vent.
  • Walk up unlock and walk away lock. No fumbling with the fob (which I do still keep in my pocket)
  • Charging at home - No gas
  • Automatic liftgate
  • Bluecruise + adaptive cruise control
  • It's just a really cool looking car
See your list and what is currently there:
  • Android Auto - love having the map on the car screen instead of having to clip my phone to an air vent. āˆš
  • Walk up unlock and walk away lock. No fumbling with the fob (which I do still keep in my pocket)āˆš
  • Charging at home - No gasāˆš
  • Automatic liftgateāˆš
  • Bluecruise + adaptive cruise controlāˆš
  • It's just a really cool looking carāˆš (and a matter of taste)
How about asking for features that the Mach E does NOT have?

Reactions: RSH

jglor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Dark Matter Gray RWD Mach-E
Country flag
How about asking for features that the Mach E does NOT have?
Well, the thread was about favorite features, but if you want to know what I wish for it would be better battery reporting all around. Current m/kWh. Not just "This Trip" which is broken half the time anyway because it doesn't always reset.
Better charging reporting. Current charge rate. Seems like most other BEVs give you a ton of info about consumption and charging and the Mach-E is very stingy with that data.
Sponsored