mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Has anyone found the hitch components in the European parts catalog?

The hitch is a must for me too (for my tray-based Thule bike rack).
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Citroën Berlingo 2009
Country flag
Correcting my precedent post: Ford Norway will have a tow hitch for the Mustang Mach-e approved up to 750kg total tow weight. We don’t know yet if they will be approved for heavier weight but maybe. VW announced their ID.4 with 1600 kg towing capacity just like Tesla with their Model Y. I don’t know if people who want to tow a caravan or a horse trailer on a regular basis should consider any electric vehicle anyway.

DERK

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw passat,ford focus,peugeot 308 . Reservation rwd ex tp+ black
Country flag
Hallo all! I can't find an exact answer to this question, so here goes: has a solution for carrying bikes or other cargo been published or disclosed anywhere?

A truck/hatch mount style rack seems to be out of the question (based on owner manual seemingly prohibiting this)

Hitch mount is questionable, given no towing in the US and no aftermarket hitch options currently presenting themselves.

Roof Rack system - Also questionable. I saw the prototype at the Portland Autoshow earlier this year and the roof didn't seem to have mounting points, and certainly didn't have rails. Anyone see if aftermarket companies are working on a roof edge/door sill mounts?

I have a First Edition on order that goes into production in next couple weeks, for what I assume means early January delivery. And watching all the videos lately I'm really excited and really want to go through with this order. Maybe not popular on this site, but I just can't see going through with this purchase if there isn't a definite solution on the near horizon for a option to carry cargo/bike other than what I can stuff in the back.
In Holland we have a list of options but all on a towbar for bikes and ski
Mottez* Ski- en snowboarddrager Voor montage op de trekhaak - Ford Accessoires online catalogus (ford-accessoires.nl)

PaulD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Jaguar XK, Peugeot Bipper Tepee
Occupation
Semi retired management consultant
Country flag
Has anyone found the hitch components in the European parts catalog?

The hitch is a must for me too (for my tray-based Thule bike rack).
Cobbled together by me from the Netherlands site
Ford Mustang Mach-E Bike Rack Solution? 78ED4F62-7968-4D77-91D2-A94AEC6C2914
Ford Mustang Mach-E Bike Rack Solution? 79E38ECC-F1F8-4987-9B82-EEF733A3C224

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I would be willing to bet that we in the states will be able to tap the market and get a “euro” hitch ordered somewhere. The VW scene orders German spec OEM equipment all the time for things we don’t get in the US. One of those hitch bike racks would be ideal. I had a very embarrassing moment with my roof rack and backed my bike into the house because I forgot it was up there after driving home an hour. I would prefer not to go roof rack again. That was a costly mistake
Been there, done that.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
I plan on getting a seasucker - have a friend that uses it and traveled from VA to Canada with it on their Tesla S and had no issues...however, I do wish there was a hitch and I would get the 1Up system - this way I could add racks as I need to. Most of the time I am by myself - but with kid bikes and now getting them into mountain biking, it would be nice to have a tray system...oh well.

I may just convert the kid bikes to a quick release front fork so it is easy to get them into the seasucker...the question for me is do I get the single seasucker or do i get the three rack system? decisions decisions.

I did email seasucker and they don't make a four rack system due to the weight. Three bikes is the max.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I plan on getting a seasucker - have a friend that uses it and traveled from VA to Canada with it on their Tesla S and had no issues...however, I do wish there was a hitch and I would get the 1Up system - this way I could add racks as I need to. Most of the time I am by myself - but with kid bikes and now getting them into mountain biking, it would be nice to have a tray system...oh well.

I may just convert the kid bikes to a quick release front fork so it is easy to get them into the seasucker...the question for me is do I get the single seasucker or do i get the three rack system? decisions decisions.

I did email seasucker and they don't make a four rack system due to the weight. Three bikes is the max.
I'm not sure you'd have enough width remaining on the roof to fit four bikes!

Colorider

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD
Country flag
I am hopeful that an after market hitch rack company will make a rack for the Mach E (bonus points if it’s a 2”). I am confident that Yakima and Thule will come up with a roof system too, although after finally going hitch a few years ago, it would be hard to go back to a roof rack...

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I would be willing to bet that we in the states will be able to tap the market and get a “euro” hitch ordered somewhere. The VW scene orders German spec OEM equipment all the time for things we don’t get in the US. One of those hitch bike racks would be ideal. I had a very embarrassing moment with my roof rack and backed my bike into the house because I forgot it was up there after driving home an hour. I would prefer not to go roof rack again. That was a costly mistake
new car + roof rack + muddy mountain bike = no way!

...gotta have a hitch mount for receiver rack, and occasional utility trailer use.
light-duty 1-1/4" would be great.

I put one on my little eMiata, seems like the big burly Mach-e SUV should have one!

20200518_HardDog 05.jpg

20200520_HardDog 07.jpg

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer@FoMoCo
Country flag
I have that rack (the two bike version). Would very much like to attach it to my MME.

Dangerfish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE Cyber Orange
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
Country flag
I emailed E Trailer today to ask if they had anything in the works for the MME. I'm worried there may be difficulty getting something designed that isn't OEM because of the design of the underbody with all the aero panels. I dont see anywhere to mount a hitch.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I emailed E Trailer today to ask if they had anything in the works for the MME. I'm worried there may be difficulty getting something designed that isn't OEM because of the design of the underbody with all the aero panels. I dont see anywhere to mount a hitch.
They will pull the rear underbody aero panel, install the hitch, cut a minimal hole in the underbody panel, then reinstall the panel.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I have that rack (the two bike version). Would very much like to attach it to my MME.
yeah, I LOVE the 1UP rack! I have a second tray I can add when needed, but usually just use one as my wife is not a mountain biker...

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
They will pull the rear underbody aero panel, install the hitch, cut a minimal hole in the underbody panel, then reinstall the panel.
yup..... probably could even design the cutout to be replacable when not in use. I'm keeping an eye on this thread for solutions, and first install gets a prize!
Sponsored