Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
My guess is that it's based on the GOM and we all know how good that is. Oh, and why is my range so bad now that it's cold? I think I'll start a thread on this. LOL.

To the moderators - I'm just joking about another thread. Please don't put me in timeout. Ford Pass is already good at that.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
If going by the circle's estimation, I'd like to se the efficiency when driving out in one of the Great Lakes like that. I bet it doesn't make it as far as it claims
Mine used to show range all the way to Maui and Molokai. Alas, now days it’s limited to the shores of Hawaii island. I am so disappointed I can’t drive to Maui any longer. ;)

eStang

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
software salesperson
Country flag
Eh I disagree. It's going off the GOM which is pretty much useless. Do your own calculations. Don't run out.
The blue blob (and GOM) have been reliable for me across several road trips.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
The blue blob (and GOM) have been reliable for me across several road trips.
Sounds like you might be the only person. Happy for you.

eStang

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
software salesperson
Country flag
Sounds like you might be the only person. Happy for you.
Really? Have you seen any posts about people running out of juice when the GOM still said they had range left? I have not.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Really? Have you seen any posts about people running out of juice when the GOM still said they had range left? I have not.
Hmm, that was not what I was insinuating whatsoever. My point is the GoM is exactly what we call it...a guess-o-meter. From my experience it isn't accurate. It can be optimistic on road trips or pessimistic in the city. Never even close for me. I'm not complaining, it is hard to estimate EV range. Just noticing.

eStang

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
software salesperson
Country flag
Hmm, that was not what I was insinuating whatsoever. My point is the GoM is exactly what we call it...a guess-o-meter. From my experience it isn't accurate. It can be optimistic on road trips or pessimistic in the city. Never even close for me. I'm not complaining, it is hard to estimate EV range. Just noticing.
Gotcha. And to clarify my meaning when I said "reliable"... I meant that it always gets me to the destination/charger.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Send some to Colorado if you don't mind. We are at 226 days without snow in Denver.
Maunakea early this week:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Blob now a Blue Circle 1638572104637

The summit road around same time.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Blob now a Blue Circle 1638572252717

It’s been snowing up there for over 24 hours. It’ll be very white by tye time this clears. It finally dumped some rain in us too. That’s a good thing as we’ve been in a drought for much of the year.

What does this have to do with tte nach-e? Simple, the Mach-e is not 4WD. It is not allowed up there, they don’t let AWD cars on that part of the road.

The top picture was taken from the Kohala Coast with an ultra-telephoto by someone not named me. The other was taken by one of the several Telescope engineers on his/her way to the summit on Tuesday.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BadgerGreg

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I think we need a separate forum/thread for 'Blob Art'

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Eh I disagree. It's going off the GOM which is pretty much useless. Do your own calculations. Don't run out.
I don’t have an issue with the GOM. Not sure why seemingly everyone here does. I understand the range prediction is conservative. It is not the difficult to incorporate that concept into trip planning. The GOM, whether represented as a number or a blob on a map, is, for me, an easy first pass. Thus far, it hasn’t let me down. It is sufficient 99.9% of the time. If I require anything more precise I can multiply percentages and m/kWh. Have been doing similar calculations since the fifth grade.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don’t have an issue with the GOM. Not sure why seemingly everyone here does. I understand the range prediction is conservative. It is not the difficult to incorporate that concept into trip planning. The GOM, whether represented as a number or a blob on a map, is, for me, an easy first pass. Thus far, it hasn’t let me down. It is sufficient 99.9% of the time. If I require anything more precise I can multiply percentages and m/kWh. Have been doing similar calculations since the fifth grade.
For some of us the GOM is so far off it’s not funny. My lifetime miles/kWh is 3.7. The GOM thinks I only get 2.2.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Im with Bill on this one... Mine is super far off. Like not even close. Like I said it isn't an issue for me because I use my brain and understand how far I can reasonably go based on the driving conditions.

I think the GOM is more or less accurate for some people based on how they drive.
Sponsored