Bluecruise 1.2 updating coming to 21/22 model years in a few weeks according to the internet

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
"Coming Through OTA" - HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA *laughs in I haven't gotten an OTA in over 6 months voice*

But seriously, F this car and this experience. I made the wrong choice, and I am adult enough to admit it. I wanted a car full of tech; instead, I bought a car full of promises. That's on me.
Something isnā€™t right then, sorry youā€™ve had a bad experience :(
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
"Coming Through OTA" - HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA *laughs in I haven't gotten an OTA in over 6 months voice*

But seriously, F this car and this experience. I made the wrong choice, and I am adult enough to admit it. I wanted a car full of tech; instead, I bought a car full of promises. That's on me.
All you do is complain about your car yet you won't get it fixed. You say you never get OTA updates, have to reset your screen a billion times a second, etc. Just sell it already. You clearly shouldn't own a car since you expect cars to never need to go in for service. You bought a brand new model vehicle LOL. Holy freaking cow.

Atxsw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium Std Range MME, Prius
Country flag
Per @OutofSpecKyle in the InsideEVs podcast today 1.2 is coming to our cars by end of the year:

I'm wondering if we have older hardware and they have to tweak the settings a bit to work with '21/'22.
Hopefully before the end of the year, but I guess its already march so maybe thats expecting too much for Ford.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
1: we were promised blue Cruise version 1 the ota, and it did come.. a year late
There are some people on the forum who have cars that are not OTA stuck and who still havenā€™t received BC yet. They just havenā€™t been sent any updates by Ford. Others are still stuck and canā€™t get unstuck. The BC 1.0 update for early builds is not, unfortunately, universal. :(

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I'm wondering if we have older hardware and they have to tweak the settings a bit to work with '21/'22.
More likely they just have to develop the OTAs for it. As someone who has been through this process before (2021 J1) it took 10 months from when BlueCruise started rolling out on new builds to when it came OTA to my early build. This time should take less as they have already worked a lot do the process out, but 6 months would not be out of the question.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Per @OutofSpecKyle in the InsideEVs podcast today 1.2 is coming to our cars by end of the year:

"BlueCruise 1.2 OTA rollout starting AT THE END OF THE YEAR" šŸ˜²

The 1.2 software was finished last fall for 2023 vehicles. Seriously it takes a YEAR to release finished software at Ford? I was expecting 6 months or less.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
There are some people on the forum who have cars that are not OTA stuck and who still havenā€™t received BC yet. They just havenā€™t been sent any updates by Ford. Others are still stuck and canā€™t get unstuck. The BC 1.0 update for early builds is not, unfortunately, universal. :(
Are you saying there are differences between ā€œearly buildā€ vehicles that means they have different software baselines? What are these differences?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you saying there are differences between ā€œearly buildā€ vehicles that means they have different software baselines? What are these differences?
Nope. Just saying some folks arenā€™t even up to BlueCruise yet despite being able to receive OTA updates. Others are still stuck and currently canā€™t get unstuck by their dealers. In addition, there are Early Access participants who havenā€™t received the new UI yet and have been told theyā€™re no slated for an update in the near future. Why? No idea. But it would appear the MME is diverging from a common platform, not converging on one.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
In addition, there are Early Access participants who havenā€™t received the new UI yet and have been told theyā€™re no slated for an update in the near future.
That has to be false, the CSPs don't know what they're talking about. Everyone should be getting the new UI, and if you haven't, it's because your software is messed up and doesn't meet prereqs for the 4.x OTAs. I was told the same until I fixed the software on my car and BOOM got the OTA a few days later.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Well we have a few of precedents that have been set:
1: we were promised blue Cruise version 1 the ota, and it did come.. a year late
2: we were promised faster performance with sync mid 2022, and it came about 4 months late
3: we were promised Frunk button for early 2021 models, no delivery over OTA yet, but the software does exist on FDRS

Based on that, my personal take is that chances of this update indeed coming are very high. But it will almost definitely be late
I think your timing is off quite a bit.

1) More like 6 or 7 months late.
2) Promised October 2022, came January?
3) Yeah, not really, just a CEO blabbing.

I expect BlueCruise 1.2 will start rolling out by early summer.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
"BlueCruise 1.2 OTA rollout starting AT THE END OF THE YEAR" šŸ˜²

The 1.2 software was finished last fall for 2023 vehicles. Seriously it takes a YEAR to release finished software at Ford? I was expecting 6 months or less.
I donā€™t see how that can be accurate. Iā€™m hoping this time theyā€™re finally over estimating to not look like fools. It seems like we are just about at software parity between all model years, but for BC 1.2. I imagine if this 4.2.X roll out continues smoothly, 1.2 would hopefully be next.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That has to be false, the CSPs don't know what they're talking about. Everyone should be getting the new UI, and if you haven't, it's because your software is messed up and doesn't meet prereqs for the 4.x OTAs. I was told the same until I fixed the software on my car and BOOM got the OTA a few days later.
The info some of these people were given did not come from CSP's it came from sources that actually know. There were no attempted OTAs delivery nor are any scheduled for delivery in the near future.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The info some of these people were given did not come from CSP's it came from sources that actually know. There were no attempted OTAs delivery nor are any scheduled for delivery in the near future.
But they also could tell that they donā€™t have any issue receiving OTAā€™s and arenā€™t stuck? I thought everyone that was stuck wasnā€™t getting OTAs period, no attempt, scheduled, etc. it was basically the scenario youā€™re describing, Fordā€™s servers essentially didnā€™t see the car as one that needed an update.

Valkyrie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Occupation
Future Prediction
Country flag
Went to the dealership for my 10k mile checkup for $33 and they installed the latest version of the OS software with frunk and tailgate buttons located over the car image within the drive mode menu. Build date March 15thish 2022.
Sponsored