Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Should be interesting when it gets released. I made sure my car had the prep installed when I purchased it as I was really interested in the Bluecruise. Really looking forward to it getting released.

After having my car for a few days though, I wonder how well it will be implemented. I find the CoPilot system to deactivate on some pretty easy to navigate curves on the freeway. This morning I kind of let it do its own thing and it actually crossed the line and the system still stayed activated and kept driving like it was no big deal. I was not driving at excessive speed either, I think I was doing 68. I've not had the car navigate that bend a single time, I've always had to take over steering.

My wife has a 2020 Hyundai Sonata that has the lane keep assist on it. That system is pretty amazing and stays activated my entire commute to work were the Ford deactivates a few times. I've even taken a pretty sharp off ramp with my wife's car at 70MPH and the car handled it all on the lane keep assist. Was nerve racking, and I defiantly would not recommend doing it all the time, but I was just seeing what the system could do.

Regardless, can't wait till they release it.
The Hyundai/Kia/Genesis system is very very good.

Having said that, I’ve noticed my Mach E system to be very good, too. Surprised you’re not having a good experience. It definitely nags me for more “pressure” or torque on the wheel more often than our Palisade does.
Sponsored

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I've been very impressed with the CoPilot system. It has handled all of my trips with ease and stayed on just about the whole time. I've not had many disconnects at all.

That said, we had a rental Kia a couple months ago on a trip and I was pretty impressed by it too. It was a very base model yet had lane centering. It disengaged a few times, but not bad at the price point. Odd thing was it had that but not adaptive cruise. Seems like they should go hand in hand.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
BlueCruise no longer appears in FordPass for me ?

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Never know, I give Tesla about 3yrs before their system is pretty much nailed down. Removing the actual driver from the seat though will be a long long ways down the road. Mach-E with BlueCruise is SAE Level 2. Add to that the cameras they installed in the cars which allows true no touch driving that does not require the drivers hands to stay in contact with the wheel and you have a good base for full self driving. Might not be in this gen of Mach-E, but its coming.

I 100% believe its coming, one day you will put your work address in and then finish taking your nap on the way in :)

Yes, I have the blue force field (what I like calling it) around my car. Its not a tight curve either, its just a sweeping curve pretty typical of a freeway. I'll have to try and get video of it, need to get my dashcam installed, I hate not having one...... Car would be perfect for me if they had the dashcam/sentry like Tesla.
I would hope that by that point voice commands work well enough that “Work, Jeeves” when uttered from within the car would lead to it checking/adjusting the route for traffic and driving to the work address you have stored On your microchip.

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
Co-Pilot works very well for me. The nag for hands on steering wheel is bit too quick and the intelligent cruise control slows to 53 mph in one are where there was construction 6 months ago from 78 mph. I wish there was a way to only read road signs on intelligent cruise.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Your trial expired almost 87 years ago. You were probably going 88 mph in your Mach-e. You forgot to turn the flux capacitor off again didn’t you? ;)
Clearly that means 2035 ;)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Co-Pilot works very well for me. The nag for hands on steering wheel is bit too quick and the intelligent cruise control slows to 53 mph in one are where there was construction 6 months ago from 78 mph. I wish there was a way to only read road signs on intelligent cruise.
Speed Limit recognition and response is an option in Driver Assist features. You can turn that off, essentially switching from Intelligent to Adaptive Cruise Control.

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
Speed Limit recognition and response is an option in Driver Assist features. You can turn that off, essentially switching from Intelligent to Adaptive Cruise Control.
@Ford Motor Company should take a look at the issue @theo1000 points out here. Sometimes the intelligent cruise control picks up a phantom speed limit that exists in the past but there is no sign for it any longer (the speed limit has changed, but the GPS database is pulling an old speed limit the system anticipates being on a segment of road). This happens to me in a couple of spots where the system thinks the speed limit is an old limit but has been changed. The issue is that it picks up the speed limit on the sign and follows it for a while before suddenly deciding to revert to the old limit (and randomly speeding up in my case) at the same gps marker before then seeing another sign for the new speed limit 1/4 mile down the road and slowing back down again.

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Hyundai/Kia/Genesis system is very very good.

Having said that, I’ve noticed my Mach E system to be very good, too. Surprised you’re not having a good experience. It definitely nags me for more “pressure” or torque on the wheel more often than our Palisade does.
Yeah, I definitely wish it was slightly less naggy or more sensitive to recognize that my hands are actually on the wheel but not fighting the car steering to the center of the lane. Still trying to master the "position the car where you want between the lines", which works well most of the time but then occasionally gets the idea that it wants to ride the line on the right, freaking out the drivers in the lane to my right and requiring me to continually pull the car back to the middle of the lane. But then it doesn't nag to hold on to the wheel at least when I'm pulling to the left to keep the car closer to the lane center... ?

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
But I would also loose other things right, like sign reading, school zone control, etc. I want those, just turn off, so I can control internal database on some sections where its a problem and the car dramatically slows down or speeds up.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Yeah, I definitely wish it was slightly less naggy or more sensitive to recognize that my hands are actually on the wheel but not fighting the car steering to the center of the lane. Still trying to master the "position the car where you want between the lines", which works well most of the time but then occasionally gets the idea that it wants to ride the line on the right, freaking out the drivers in the lane to my right and requiring me to continually pull the car back to the middle of the lane. But then it doesn't nag to hold on to the wheel at least when I'm pulling to the left to keep the car closer to the lane center... ?
You do realize that YOU are responsible for steering, not the vehicle. Things like lane keeping and lane centering are driver aids. They are there to aid you in driving the vehicle. You are not there to aid them in driving the vehicle ?

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
You do realize that YOU are responsible for steering, not the vehicle. Things like lane keeping and lane centering are driver aids. They are there to aid you in driving the vehicle. You are not there to aid them in driving the vehicle ?
This is true. That said, a driving Aid should be helping, not fighting with the driver.

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tomato. Tomahto. ?
I do realize that. Hence that my hands are on the wheel and I actively pull the wheel to the left when the vehicle wants to steer on to the lane marker spooking the driver on my right. LOL
Sponsored