Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Just got mine as well. I think this one is supposed to make the range estimate more accurate. I believe that's all for the 3.x.x series. I think we are now just 3 behind - 4.1.1 to 4.1.3.
Sponsored

Foxbod E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150, 21 Mach E, 14 Fusion, 93 Fox
Country flag
Just got mine as well. I think this one is supposed to make the range estimate more accurate. I believe that's all for the 3.x.x series. I think we are now just 3 behind - 4.1.1 to 4.1.3.
How can I tell which version I have?

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
Bump on this thread. Is there really still a hold on the BC upgrade? This is getting ridiculous - I have had my Job 1 car almost two years, haven't had an OTA update since October and can't even get the BC upgrade from the dealer. Sheesh.

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Bump on this thread. Is there really still a hold on the BC upgrade? This is getting ridiculous - I have had my Job 1 car almost two years, haven't had an OTA update since October and can't even get the BC upgrade from the dealer. Sheesh.
Hold is still in place as of today. It's been two months now.

lazydot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I'm on the same boat.

Can you let us know if it is still on hold? I have a service scheduled with a dealer for next week, I want to know if I need to move it again.

Edit: Looks like its still on hold as per dealer.

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
This is a great example of one of Ford's biggest problems with EVs - lack of communication. They suspend this for 2 months, don't say why, dealers don't know, customers annoyed they can't get their cars worked on, and silence.

kouretu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2021 Select with Ford Co-Pilot360™ Technology
Country flag
Finally, after 2 years of owning the car, I received 2 updates in a row. One yesterday for 2.8.1 and one today for 22-PUU0727-V1-FXB. I finally have blue cruise, no dealer visit needed.
Did these updates happen through normal OTA? Did you do any special settings for that?

lazydot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Finally, after 2 years of owning the car, I received 2 updates in a row. One yesterday for 2.8.1 and one today for 22-PUU0727-V1-FXB. I finally have blue cruise, no dealer visit needed.
Same for me. After ~1 year 10 months of ownership and 3 visits to dealer for 21G01, I received it as an OTA. In hindsight, the reason for HOLD on 21G01 feels like Ford was trying to save on dealer labor fees since they figured out to do this as OTA for earlier cars.

Did these updates happen through normal OTA? Did you do any special settings for that?
I didn't have to do anything. 2.8.1 come yesterday when my car was parked, and 22-PUU0727-V1-FXB while I was driving. I did go and opt out of EA after frustration yesterday night though.

Last edited:

optoutpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
For me, it started with a weird alarm message in Fordpass about the car being on unsafe incline. This was while the car was parked in the garage as usual. I went to check but everything was ok. I did leave the car on, with lights off and parking brake on and the door locker. When I got back, I received the notification about the update. I followed the same routine this morning, and soon after received the notification for the second update. I installed 2.8.1 manually (didn't wait for the scheduled update). It took more than an hour. The other update today was installed automatically.

kouretu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2021 Select with Ford Co-Pilot360™ Technology
Country flag
For me, it started with a weird alarm message in Fordpass about the car being on unsafe incline. This was while the car was parked in the garage as usual. I went to check but everything was ok. I did leave the car on, with lights off and parking brake on and the door locker. When I got back, I received the notification about the update. I followed the same routine this morning, and soon after received the notification for the second update. I installed 2.8.1 manually (didn't wait for the scheduled update). It took more than an hour. The other update today was installed automatically.
Thanks. I hope my MME will receive the same update soon.

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
Same for me. After ~1 year 10 months of ownership and 3 visits to dealer for 21G01, I received it as an OTA. In hindsight, the reason for HOLD on 21G01 feels like Ford was trying to save on dealer labor fees since they figured out to do this as OTA for earlier cars.
Actually, it seems that the hold was due to the "failure to de-inhibit bug" after a PSCM update that 22-PUU0727-V1-FXB was supposed to correct. So they apparently figured out how to OTA the BC mods without bricking some cars and save on labor and upset customers in the process.

What I dont understand is I was charged $600 extra for bluecruise when I purchased my car, but Ford is saying that my 1 year trial starts today and ends on 3/16/24
That $600 was for the hardware part of BC, eg. eye nanny, etc. and the promise to receive updated software. Cars that came with BC paid an additional $600 for the 3 year subscription at delivery.

lazydot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Actually, it seems that the hold was due to the "failure to de-inhibit bug" after a PSCM update that 22-PUU0727-V1-FXB was supposed to correct. So they apparently figured out how to OTA the BC mods without bricking some cars and save on labor and upset customers in the process.
Good to know. Thanks!

That $600 was for the hardware part of BC, eg. eye nanny, etc. and the promise to receive updated software. Cars that came with BC paid an additional $600 for the 3 year subscription at delivery.
I just realized that this my misunderstanding and edited my post. I had reserved a car which had this price included, but I ended up buying a car on lot. And my dealer seems to have not charged that additional $600

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This is interesting. Ford dealer has had my car for over two weeks now and they have been unable to get all the modules to update. They called today and said they just got this bulletin and are going to follow the updated instructions to see if it will work. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored