Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
Well, I bought a second Mach-E yesterday and had a great experience. A new MME Select AWD in Space White Metallic, second to the first customer delivery Mach-E GT Performance Edition. I was quick to the draw on the deal when one was delivered to a local dealership 15 miles away, bought it before it was officially checked in.

No dealer markup & good deal on the trades (yes, two trade-ins). I'm happy. This dealership is "rural" Iowa and pride themselves on "doing it a different" way by no negotiations (at least in the past), which now means no ADM. They may be able to do ADM, but it's their modus operandi to be fair and not negotiate.

Our family needed another new car - two previous cars had 155K & 100K miles and trade value was quite high than just a year ago. I was just waiting for something major to happen with high repair costs... they had to go and the timing was right. For instance, the 2011 Toyota Sienna minivan with 155K miles was offered to us as a trade for only $3K in July 2020, we declined to trade it in when we bought a 2020 Toyota Highlander Hybrid and kept it for a utility vehicle Now got $7,300 for it yesterday, Oct 2021, as one of the trades for the MME Select.

This was as much an investment as anything - instant equity value: combined with federal tax credit, no ADM, great deal on trade-ins, and 0% interest financing, market value probably higher than MSRP, it was a no brainer. I'd admit had to convince the wife, though, not an easy doing. :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Bought a second Mach-E yesterday 2021-10-09 Two Mach E GTPE Select.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
0t60-3.5

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
Congrats!

That is insane that the trade in more than doubled a year later. It had crossed my mind to trade my other car for a totally base select RWD to take advantage of the elevated trade in values, another fed tax credit and state rebate, but the state rebate is over and every dealer around me now wants ADM so that boat has sailed for me.

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Congrats.. I love my Select AWD here. Same thing, purchased in June,. Paid MSRP, high trade value on my 125k mile jeep, and low interest rate (from my bank).. Jumped on it.

FB_IMG_1633276004713.jpg

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Congratulations on a successful purchase!

I’m so pleased there are good dealers out there! I might just have to road trip to Iowa! :) now you just have to decide who gets to drive which Mach-e

McHeel88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Healthcare Finance
Country flag
So you bought a Mach e earlier in the year I don’t think you get two $7500 credits for two vehicles. Does anyone know?

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
So you bought a Mach e earlier in the year I don’t think you get two $7500 credits for two vehicles. Does anyone know?
There doesn't seem to be any limit. As long as your tax liability is above the deduction you can use them all.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Welcome to the one family - two Mach E club.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Bought a second Mach-E yesterday Silver and black
I love my Red one, but there is something about how that Silver pops off the MME!!! Great Pic!!! And yes, I'm jealous as well. My wife will be due for a new ride next year; but every time I bring up an electric option she just says NO. :(

Mockstang

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER, 1967 V8 4bbl
Occupation
Pro
I just got my first last week. I wanted to order a GT and when I picked my AWD ER up the GM said he’s got one coming in I can test drive.

From your experiences and comparisons, what do you think my wife would like or dislike having the GT for an everyday driver?
Sponsored