RW Journey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME FE
Country flag
Well, I bought a second Mach-E yesterday and had a great experience. A new MME Select AWD in Space White Metallic, second to the first customer delivery Mach-E GT Performance Edition. I was quick to the draw on the deal when one was delivered to a local dealership 15 miles away, bought it before it was officially checked in.

No dealer markup & good deal on the trades (yes, two trade-ins). I'm happy. This dealership is "rural" Iowa and pride themselves on "doing it a different" way by no negotiations (at least in the past), which now means no ADM. They may be able to do ADM, but it's their modus operandi to be fair and not negotiate.

Our family needed another new car - two previous cars had 155K & 100K miles and trade value was quite high than just a year ago. I was just waiting for something major to happen with high repair costs... they had to go and the timing was right. For instance, the 2011 Toyota Sienna minivan with 155K miles was offered to us as a trade for only $3K in July 2020, we declined to trade it in when we bought a 2020 Toyota Highlander Hybrid and kept it for a utility vehicle Now got $7,300 for it yesterday, Oct 2021, as one of the trades for the MME Select.

This was as much an investment as anything - instant equity value: combined with federal tax credit, no ADM, great deal on trade-ins, and 0% interest financing, market value probably higher than MSRP, it was a no brainer. I'd admit had to convince the wife, though, not an easy doing. :)

2021-10-09 Two Mach E GTPE Select.JPG
Sounds like the only thing missing from this insane deal is AXZD discount. Congrats!

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Country flag
Well, I bought a second Mach-E yesterday and had a great experience. A new MME Select AWD in Space White Metallic, second to the first customer delivery Mach-E GT Performance Edition. I was quick to the draw on the deal when one was delivered to a local dealership 15 miles away, bought it before it was officially checked in.

No dealer markup & good deal on the trades (yes, two trade-ins). I'm happy. This dealership is "rural" Iowa and pride themselves on "doing it a different" way by no negotiations (at least in the past), which now means no ADM. They may be able to do ADM, but it's their modus operandi to be fair and not negotiate.

Our family needed another new car - two previous cars had 155K & 100K miles and trade value was quite high than just a year ago. I was just waiting for something major to happen with high repair costs... they had to go and the timing was right. For instance, the 2011 Toyota Sienna minivan with 155K miles was offered to us as a trade for only $3K in July 2020, we declined to trade it in when we bought a 2020 Toyota Highlander Hybrid and kept it for a utility vehicle Now got $7,300 for it yesterday, Oct 2021, as one of the trades for the MME Select.

This was as much an investment as anything - instant equity value: combined with federal tax credit, no ADM, great deal on trade-ins, and 0% interest financing, market value probably higher than MSRP, it was a no brainer. I'd admit had to convince the wife, though, not an easy doing. :)

2021-10-09 Two Mach E GTPE Select.JPG
Great move. How did you get 0% financing??

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Grats! Man I dunno if I could go to a full electric car house, at least right now. I think I would need at least one good old gas guzzler. Heaven forbid, but if there is a major power outage then you be screwed unless you have solar with battery backup. Many years ago the entire south west went black because someone screwed up in AZ. It was down for maybe a day, so it was not that big of a deal, but I guess it all would depend on the last time you charged lol

Hell in CA you can't even buy gas powered generators to charge your car in a pinch ?They have to be electric..... I don't think they make an electric generator, even if they did I think it defeats the reason of said generator lol

OP
OP
0t60-3.5

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
So you bought a Mach e earlier in the year I don’t think you get two $7500 credits for two vehicles. Does anyone know?
I conferred with my tax accountant (reputable, large national firm), and he verified there is no limit on the federal tax credit. Caveat is that one must have the tax to offset the tax credit - it's not a refundable tax credit. This means you need to have had a tax greater than the credit (ie. withholding and tax due). You can't get a refund out produced out of having the tax credit.

It's an incentive to buy electric. I have heard congress people wanting to place a limit on the number of federal tax credits per person / tax payer, but that hasn't been formally proposed yet.

OP
OP
0t60-3.5

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
Grats! Man I dunno if I could go to a full electric car house, at least right now. I think I would need at least one good old gas guzzler. Heaven forbid, but if there is a major power outage then you be screwed unless you have solar with battery backup. Many years ago the entire south west went black because someone screwed up in AZ. It was down for maybe a day, so it was not that big of a deal, but I guess it all would depend on the last time you charged lol

Hell in CA you can't even buy gas powered generators to charge your car in a pinch ?They have to be electric..... I don't think they make an electric generator, even if they did I think it defeats the reason of said generator lol
We still have a Toyota Highlander Hybrid as well, I would agree going all electric may pose some risk.

OP
OP
0t60-3.5

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
Great move. How did you get 0% financing??
My zip code in eastern Iowa shows this as of Oct 5, 2021:
0% for 36 months
0.9% for 48 months
1.9% for 60 months
3.9% for 72 months

N2B8t

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT PE (ordered); Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Congrats! How’s the ride quality between the MME GT and the Select?

OP
OP
0t60-3.5

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
Can you help determine what would be available for 22405?
Go to Ford's website, or the dealer. Try to find Financing / Incentives, or the car itself and then financing should give your local incentives. Either allow it to sense your location or enter your zip code.

I just sampled a dealer in our area who has a Mach-E on order. Under detailed pricing, it states:

• 0.0% APR for 36 mos on select Ford models

Follow the link and it shows:

0.0% APR for 36 mos on select Ford models
APR Finance Offer from Ford

0.0% APR for 36 months on select Ford Mustang Mach-E models
Details
Applies to select new 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E.
Effective 10/05/2021 through 11/01/2021
Disclaimer: Program #21282: Not all buyers will qualify. Ford Credit limited-term APR financing. Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 11/01/2021. See dealer for qualifications and complete details. Truth in Lending Act Disclosure: Down payment will vary with APR and credit. For example, 0.0% APR with $2,500 down payment provides for 36 monthly payments of $27.78 per $1000 financed for qualified buyers. 0.9% APR for a term of 48 months corresponds to a monthly cost of $21.22 per $1000 financed. 1.9% APR for a term of 60 months corresponds to a monthly cost of $17.48 per $1000 financed. 3.9% APR for a term of 72 months corresponds to a monthly cost of $15.6 per $1000 financed. 4.9% APR for a term of 75 months corresponds to a monthly cost of $15.51 per $1000 financed. The rates described are for estimation purposes only; you may not be able to finance at this rate.

OP
OP
0t60-3.5

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
You do know that you have to owe the taxes for it to work and that you won't get two "tax refund" check of $7500 yes?
Well versed on it, thanks. Yes, need to have a total tax amount over the $7,500 for each federal tax credit to get that taken off the total tax. If you had paid in via estimated or withholding, then you may get a refund because you overpaid. And the tax credit applies to that year, no carry forward. Everyone should consult their tax advisors, for sure.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
@0t60-3.5 & @Carsinmyblood

Just curious, since I may be looking to grab a second Mach E for my wife (especially if Hyundai keeps dragging their feet with the Ioniq 5 pricing):

How do you guys handle the FOB/ phone as a key situation with the two cars? It's probably simpler for you guys since it looks like you have home charging, so I'd imagine each driver gets their own FOB and has their designated car set up on their phone.... But, have you tried setting up PAAK for two cars in Ford Pass? I know the app allows for a drop down to add a second vehicle, but curious if the PAAK feature is limited to one per phone.

Reason I ask is that we Street Park and I'll likely be the designated "charger" for my wife's car initially while she gets used to the whole charging thing (she's a little intimidated). My hope is to continue using my PAAK for my car (with FOB as backup), but to also use PAAK for her car so I don't have to take her keys every time I charge it for her ?

Thanks!

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
@0t60-3.5 & @Carsinmyblood

Just curious, since I may be looking to grab a second Mach E for my wife (especially if Hyundai keeps dragging their feet with the Ioniq 5 pricing):

How do you guys handle the FOB/ phone as a key situation with the two cars? It's probably simpler for you guys since it looks like you have home charging, so I'd imagine each driver gets their own FOB and has their designated car set up on their phone.... But, have you tried setting up PAAK for two cars in Ford Pass? I know the app allows for a drop down to add a second vehicle, but curious if the PAAK feature is limited to one per phone.

Reason I ask is that we Street Park and I'll likely be the designated "charger" for my wife's car initially while she gets used to the whole charging thing (she's a little intimidated). My hope is to continue using my PAAK for my car (with FOB as backup), but to also use PAAK for her car so I don't have to take her keys every time I charge it for her ?

Thanks!
All new cars come with 2 FOBs, so you can just keep her 2nd one for when you have to charge it for her.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
All new cars come with 2 FOBs, so you can just keep her 2nd one for when you have to charge it for her.
Is that confirmed? I thought it was only GTs coming with two...