Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
A question: If a $3K price reduction had been provided for ALL versions of the Mach-E, would anyone be unhappy that the price reduction percentage was lowest for the FE and highest for the basic Select?
oh, that is an amazingly interesting question. that would suggest that the "fair" answer would be a percentage drop rather than an absolute cost drop, which I haven't seen mentioned here until now.
Sponsored

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
I am not sure that that holds true. The biggest cost of an ev is the battery and battery costs have come way down. When you consider that an EV does not need an engine, transmission, or differential. The current manufacturing cost difference may be far less than you think. Especially for rwd models where you only need one motor.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord, Honda CR-V
Country flag
officially they were sold out, then suddenly the Drop thing happened, and now they are sold out again. or something, I dunno, it got a little confusing to me in there.

there's of course people cancelling their orders but at some point, you'll have Ford ordering n First Edition nameplates etc., and that's going to be the high end. They don't have to use them all, though. So... ?‍♂
Ok, thank you for the info. Been out the loop for a while so just checked in today

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
Oddly enough last night the science channel reran the "brain games" episode where they talked about how movie theater popcorn is priced. When the small is $3 and the large is $7, everybody buys the small. But, when a medium is added at $6.50, everybody buys the large because it seems like such a "great deal".

Now that the premium is only $1500 more than the select with tech package, the premium is a much better deal than the select + package. I am guessing that is what Ford wants.

Unfortunately the FE doesn't seem like such a deal now. If you ordered an FE in the mach drop, my suggestion is to ignore the premium and be happy you are now going to pay $1000 less than you otherwise would have. Enjoy getting it this year so you'll get the $7500 a year early. Trying to change now will be an absolute cluster-of-firetrucks.
I bet you reuse the empty container, too :)
I remember movie theaters.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I bet you reuse the empty container, too :)
As a hat I bet. And if you put a solar panel on it, you can get enough charge after a year to pull your Mach E out of the garage.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
I am very happy about this and don't really care why the bean counters and management at Ford decided to make the change.

My wife thinks I am less crazy now about this new car. Keeping $3K in my pocket makes this purchase much more attractive.

Now if the little progress counter at the top of the screen would go from #2 to #3 (In Production) I would REALLY be happy! Or at least let me know when order # 29845 (Premium, RWD, Extended Range Battery, Carbonized Gray, Black Onyx) will be scheduled to be built.....

Closer & Closer every day!

:D

Jim
It sounds like your wife has been talking to my wife. Do you think that there might be a Mach-e wives forum somewhere?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
As a hat I bet. And if you put a solar panel on it, you can get enough charge after a year to pull your Mach E out of the garage.
I have much better hats.
Ford Mustang Mach-E BREAKING: 2021 Mach-E Mustang Price Reduced on All Models Except GT! 1601413677266

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
There seems to be a disparity between base MSRP pricing for the FE from a low of $56,200 to mine of $59,400. I wonder if this is regional as I am in Washington, a strong EV market and seems like the lower priced ones are Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida?
My FE (without the protection package) is $59,800 in Ohio. Is that other number from the screwup people were seeing? No difference in price here. There may be different incentives by region however. Ohio is now showing $2,500 incentive on a Premium (whether Options or Finance) No way to see that on the FE since you can't build one anymore. The rate is better on financing though.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
It sounds like your wife has been talking to my wife. Do you think that there might be a Mach-e wives forum somewhere?
there is, but @Kamuelaflyer is explicitly banned from going there. ?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
My FE (without the protection package) is $59,800 in Ohio. Is that other number from the screwup people were seeing? No difference in price here. There may be different incentives by region however. Ohio is now showing $2,500 incentive on a Premium (whether Options or Finance) No way to see that on the FE since you can't build one anymore. The rate is better on financing though.
$59,800 is what I am seeing as well now that the pricing seems "fixed" on the site.

I wouldn't put any stock in any displayed incentives or financing right now since we're still months away yet. They change too often.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I'm just going to go home and tell the wife that the price on my car dropped $500.

On second thought, I am just going to go home, keep my mouth shut, and watch a political debate happening 15 minutes from my office. That will get me in less trouble than saying my friends are saving $2,000 more than me because I am an early adopter.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
$59,800 is what I am seeing as well now that the pricing seems "fixed" on the site.

I wouldn't put any stock in any displayed incentives or financing right now since we're still months away yet. They change too often.
by the way this is very off-topic but if you want to quickly jump to your reservation and have your order number handy, you can go to

https://www.ford.com/buy/mach-e/order/details.html?reservationId=id

and/or favorite it once you're there. Ford has proper auth it seems in front of it, so you'll get redirected to sign in, then back to the page. Saves some clicks.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'm just going to go home and tell the wife that the price on my car dropped $500.

On second thought, I am just going to go home, keep my mouth shut, and watch a political debate happening 15 minutes from my office. That will get me in less trouble than saying my friends are saving $2,000 more than me because I am an early adopter.
"It is not a lie to keep the truth to oneself"
Sponsored