ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Not sure why @ajmartineau can't get this through his head. It's not that hard to comprehend.
Ouch! I guess I'm too stupid to understand all these complicated words and maths. I'll blissfully drive around in FE with $1000 in my pocket.
Sponsored

Mjtee2

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White Premium; Rapid Red First Edition
Country flag
As someone without a dog in the fight (GT order), I’ll chime in on the debate as to whether this is unfair to those who pre-ordered the FE.
I do see that this would be unfair if Ford did not allow order changes now. I can understand that many (If not most) are buying the FE as a Premium Plus and, in deciding which to get, they assessed that the “Plus” was worth the $1,600. Now that calculus is messed up when the Plus turns out to be $3,600 and you’re locked in to the FE you wouldn’t have picked had you known you could order the Premium for $3,600 less.
However, Ford is allowing FE holders to change to a Premium. So you have the option to either save $1,000 on the FE price you thought you’d pay or, if you think the business case is more favorable for the Premium now that it has dropped another $2,000, you can switch to that configuration.
Therefore it’s a win-win. You either save $1000 on the same car or can save even more if willing to forgo those “Plus” items that you don’t feel are worth that difference.
Maybe it makes the decision to buy an FE and the justification for paying the premium for it harder... but you still have the option to save some or save more.
Your observation is correct. Unfortunately, as presented by Ford, the $1,600 upgrade for the FE that you and Ford agreed to has been escalated by $2,000 to $3,600. Bottom line: the price of the vehicle was reduced by $1,000 and the price of the FE upgrade was increased by $2,000.

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
By all means go buy one of the other cars. I'll just get my car that much sooner!
I agree --- I hope they all switch to the now much cheaper premiums and I can have on my dash --- First Edition 1 of 100 :cool:

Mjtee2

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White Premium; Rapid Red First Edition
Country flag
Ouch! I guess I'm too stupid to understand all these complicated words and maths. I'll blissfully drive around in FE with $1000 in my pocket.
Conversely, you could ecstatically drive around in a similarly equipped Premium with $3,000 in your pocket. Obviously and most importantly, a personal decision to meet your needs. Enjoy!

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
I can understand a little bit of bitterness from any FE orderers that put a deposit down the first day when it was released but for anyone else ordering the FE, that's the price you pay for getting it before us that put the deposit down the day it was revealed. Get over it or change your order to premium and wait until next year to get it.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
LOL than can you make sure us Canadians arent forgotten. I mean they did just promise to build 5 electric cars in Canada
No answer? Guess we wait and see. Have not seen so many, so disturbed, about a price cut. It must be hard to pay less than what you initially determined was acceptable. I got a rock :0). Hope it is a regional thing as those numbers (even in CAD$) looks like a thanks. A 100 Kwh pack @ a reasonable price. Things are looking up for ev's.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just so I understand... you would be happier if Ford scrapped the price drop because someone else received a larger discount?
Of course not. Why would you even suggest that???

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
If the volume of orders mentioned elsewhere on this website is accurate, it's the same situation and a double edged sword for both Ford and the buyers. Everyone is expecting a 2021 MME. For most, that means sometime in 2021. Some folks will wait for a 2022 model but may not be willing to wait until late 2021 (a year or more from now) or into 2022 for the car. Others won't wait for a 2022 model at all.

A lot more communication from Dearborn on production scheduling is desperately needed. Without some real information, the article you cite is quite accurate, "There’s a dicey component to intense interest in a vehicle — it can fade as quickly as it builds,"
I don't know about most, but what I expect:

I think most in the US would expect a late nov/dec 2020 delivery if they ordered a FE or premium by now, possibly Q1 of 2021. Select may be closer to late Q1 to Q3. GT late Q2 or Q3.

Outside of NA late Q1 or Q2 for FE or premium.

If only reserved and not ordered, add 2-3 months after order date.

I suspect there has been a lot of cancels or non conversions because of the Model Y shipping earlier and lower price, the ID.4, Covid, double reservations, waiting on in-person view (expecting a car show by now), etc... I do not see this dragging out to 2022 model year unless you haven't reserved yet.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think they are not considering it a price increase at all. Remember that they are reducing all the prices. The difference is they've decided to only reduce the FE by $1,000 but reduce the Premium by $3,000.

Official information is filtering out and it looks like we are supposed to get an email with the announcement from Ford:
Except as I understand it, the FE really IS a Premium with an FE package added on. The price starts with the Premium base for both, so that applies to both (including the new Premium price).

It's just the FE package that went up in price.

I do agree that Ford probably doesn't want it looked at that way though.

hag911

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ok... so earlier today I was able to check myford account and my rapid red FE price was $57,100 with D&D. Prior to that it was $60,800 with D&D. My math says that's a $3,700 price drop. I think there were about 5 page on this thread at that time.
Late this afternoon I received the email from Ford about the price drop and I could check it on my account. However while I can log on to my account and navigate to my reservations I can't get past the "view order" option. It just takes me the California Resident Disclosure page.
Has anyone with an original FE reservation and order been able to log on their MyFord account and check their reservation this afternoon?

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Still no changes in pricings in Europe as far as i can tell.
Already got 3k discount as compensation cause of tax regulations but lower price is always better :cool:

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
You are entitled to your opinion but this is a business decision for many and their concern does not merit disparaging comments about how they are or are not “acting”.
If this were truly a "business" decision for you I doubt a businessman would have ordered an FE in the first place (long before COVID and Delivery timing questions) as the FE always came with a higher price for little more than vanity.

Last edited:

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
When are order changes due by?

You can change customer order specs prior to the vehicle being scheduled (mid-October).

When will customer order scheduling begin?

Mid-October When will customer orders arrive at EV Certified Ford Stores?

Deliveries will begin late 2020

Now Ford put it right out there in front. All the info I have been trying to pass along. Ford put it in writing now. Hope everyone is hyped up. And really everyone at Ford would like to thank you for sticking around and purchasing Ford. More good times to come soon.....
Now, if only I could place an order. Can't get past the California Privacy Disclosure screen. :confused: I don't see any of the models to select as I have in the past. Cleared my browser's cache and cookies to no avail.

Want to price out and play with the Ford Options numbers.
Sponsored