AWD Select
Country flag

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet." Basically, what it means is that what matters is what something is, not what it is called.
Exactly. At least Ford did not pick a name like "Hummer".

I mean, I think that buying or not buying a vehicle because of the name is silly.

But I would personally draw the line at "Hummer". Here is why. :):oops:

Hummer- (slang) Fellatio in which the person performing the act vibrates their mouth by humming.
So a name could be worse, LOL.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I ordered mine in spite of the name and in spite of the fact that it's electric. Its a 350hp cool car.

jwhamlin244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium
Country flag
It's fast, has a lot of torque. Its innovative. Those are some of the key points from the very first mustang.
It's also styled like a mustang. The turning signals, the front hood. Everything aside from the four doors. I would say I can find more similarities than differences to the mustang line.

It's more of a mustang than that silly V4 ICE.

When people tell me its not a mustang, i just say yes it is, and its better because I can beat you at the strip AND I get 2 bonus doors!

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
A no-brainer. A more interesting question is Tesla starting at the end of the alphabet and mimicking a “look” that will become dated or embedded in marketing like say the 911.
It's not clear to me if you know the story about this from how you phrased your comment, so for the sake of completeness, I'm going to assume you don't.

Tesla started with the S because he thinks he's funny. Ford already owned the use of E for an electric vehicle, so he went with the Model 3 instead of the Model E... Tesla thus makes "S3XY" cars.

this was completely by design and is well-documented eg New Tesla Model Y completes joke that Elon Musk has been working on for 10 years | The Independent | The Independent