Cabin heat problem. Heater not working.

Vico56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Hi everyone !

I love the Mach E. I unfortunately have heating issues and live in Canada, which makes the car pretty much useless right now.

I KNOW how to use the climate control, and it works at times very well, but most of the times it won’t, I can go temperature on HI and fan as well, it’ll stay bloody cold.

Sent the car to Ford, they say it’s fixed, yea heater was working… for 10 min. Sending the car back there Monday.

Anyone here have heard/had of the same problem ? Thank you

Ford Mustang Mach-E Cabin heat problem. Heater not working. 8255B314-F865-4688-BCD1-408465449D53
Sponsored

Last edited:

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
Just to make sure- are you making sure that E-Heat is checked ON when you're using the heat?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Keep the fan speed as low as possible, that will increase the temp of air. Below about -15°C there isn’t enough heat available for higher fan speeds.

Make sure you are using departure times so your battery is warmed up before leaving.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I received my car in Wisconsin the first week of February. The day I picked it up was -19 F (yes, F—not C)—so about -28 C. The following week continued to be cold. I never ever had a problem heating the cabin to whatever temp I wanted (Once I figured out how to turn on e-heat). If you are cold in yours, there is definitely something wrong.

OP
OP

Vico56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Keep the fan speed as low as possible, that will increase the temp of air. Below about -15°C there isn’t enough heat available for higher fan speeds.

Make sure you are using departure times so your battery is warmed up before leaving.
thanks but none of these would work cause the heating system itself doesn’t work. Even climate use is at 0% when it happens, proof that the system is not even “engaging”.

AlbertaMachE

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E 2021 Tesla Model 3
Country flag
My parents Mach E has the same issue. When preconditioning using the app, the cabin will be warm but as soon as you start driving, ice cold air from the vents. Almost seems like it is prioritizing heating the battery and not the cabin.

AlbertaMachE

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E 2021 Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Any updates on your heater? Did you take it to the dealer? The dealer wants to keep my parents Mach E for at least 2 days which is quite inconvenient

cjrodriguez31

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT - Towed 4 times/9 months
Country flag
Mine just stopped working yesterday. Eheat on or not doesn't seem to make a difference. Not even a month yet of having the car and its only 50 degrees out both these days.
Also the trip meter shows no climate usage even though its on the whole time

Reactions: UW2

SlapstixXx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Yea, they changed the cabin coolant heater. Works fine now !
Is that specifically what the part is called?

@Vico56 I just got my GT Performance back from the dealer after 3 days saying its working as intended. "Intended" being that at -30C and driving down a highway it pushes cold air. As mentioned earlier in the thread, lowering the fan to very low speeds lets warmer air push but its not enough to defrost the windshield.

I believe that at a standstill it may be considered "OK" not by any means good enough, but did you test at highway speeds as well?

OP
OP

Vico56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Is that specifically what the part is called?

@Vico56 I just got my GT Performance back from the dealer after 3 days saying its working as intended. "Intended" being that at -30C and driving down a highway it pushes cold air. As mentioned earlier in the thread, lowering the fan to very low speeds lets warmer air push but its not enough to defrost the windshield.

I believe that at a standstill it may be considered "OK" not by any means good enough, but did you test at highway speeds as well?
Yes it’s currently -30C in Winnipeg and it’s working very well at all speeds !

They drained the coolant and replace the “cabin coolant heater”, that’s what is written on the bill.

Last edited:

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla heating system being probed in U.S., Canada following cold-weather complaints
saw this on automotive news

b_derksen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E Prem ER AWD / 21 Bronco 4Dr Outer Banks
Country flag
Yes it’s currently -30C in Winnipeg and it’s working very well at all speeds !

They drained the coolant and replace the “cabin coolant heater”, that’s what is written on the bill.
@Vico56 wondering if your heat continued to work good for the rest of winter after the coolant heater was replaced?
Sponsored