Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Long Range Red
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
Ok I just suddenly started having multiple issues with doors opening and closing after 7 months of ownership. I had the recall for windshield etc several weeks ago ( and some software updates) so not sure that can explain it. So I haven’t tested locking, but with the car unlocked, pressing the driver door activation button first does not reliably open the door, while the other doors work fine and once activated, the driver door will open as well.

Also the rear hatch does not reliably open or open all the way, or close all the way. This is about the 30th issue I’ve had with this car since early June. It’s going to the dealer for wind noise after the windshield recall so they’ll tackle these issues as well.
The recall took a whole week….maybe I’ll get my car back in a month. So far it’s spent a total of about 2 months in the shop for various things. Aarrgggh….
Sponsored

Dr Obnxs

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drobnxs.com
Vehicles
21 MME, 65 Mustang Too Many to List!
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
Ok I just suddenly started having multiple issues with doors opening and closing after 7 months of ownership. I had the recall for windshield etc several weeks ago ( and some software updates) so not sure that can explain it. So I haven’t tested locking, but with the car unlocked, pressing the driver door activation button first does not reliably open the door, while the other doors work fine and once activated, the driver door will open as well.

Also the rear hatch does not reliably open or open all the way, or close all the way. This is about the 30th issue I’ve had with this car since early June. It’s going to the dealer for wind noise after the windshield recall so they’ll tackle these issues as well.
The recall took a whole week….maybe I’ll get my car back in a month. So far it’s spent a total of about 2 months in the shop for various things. Aarrgggh….
When my 12 V battery would get low I'd have lots of gremlins. But one of the updates is supposed to fix the 12V charging issues.

Mandretti

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
When my 12 V battery would get low I'd have lots of gremlins. But one of the updates is supposed to fix the 12V charging issues.
Ok thanks. How can you tell if you're having battery issues? And my my car was just in for service a couple of weeks ago - and it got updates.

Dr Obnxs

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drobnxs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
Ok thanks. How can you tell if you're having battery issues? And my my car was just in for service a couple of weeks ago - and it got updates.
I could tell when it started behaving badly. Door locking stuff was the first issue to show. If it was very severe a whole host of problems would show up. Eventually the touch screen might not even turn on.

I drove without the battery cover installed for a while, it was so bad. But after my last visit with the latest SW update (for me it is 1.7.1) things seem to be better.

I must point out that low 12V battery issues is but one of several possible causes of what you are experiencing. But it's an easy one to check. Hook your car to a charger and see if they all go away!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

Mandretti

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
Thanks. 3FMTK3SU4MMA25281.

Mandretti

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Musician
Country flag

Also the rear hatch does not reliably open or open all the way, or close all the way. 3FMTK3SU4MMA25281

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Also the rear hatch does not reliably open or open all the way, or close all the way. 3FMTK3SU4MMA25281
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this on my end.

Silver Surfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I got this problem fixed with an update at the dealer a few months ago and now it's back and I have to unlock with the fob before I can get in its so annoying.

Dr Obnxs

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drobnxs.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
I got this problem fixed with an update at the dealer a few months ago and now it's back and I have to unlock with the fob before I can get in its so annoying.
I feel for you.

I love my car but the lack of solutions to the e-gremlins and OTA failures really are wearing on me.

You're not alone.
Sponsored