JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
i became a member of this forum just to be a part of this thread. im really hoping it picks up
Welcome - hope you really did not mean to say that this door misalignment thread interests you too much :) over everything else related to the Mach E.

Reactions: ARK

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Another one for the "ignore" list.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There's no need to be assertively presumptuous in dismissing what Ford opines, after the Ford reps saw multiple photos and videos from various interior and exterior angles taken by the dealership service technicians. Some of you are over-riding Ford's assessment based on still photos. The damage is continually occuring when the door is opened. As the temperatures dropped, the door started cracking as the door was opened, whether in the garage or out in the wild. I took the Mach-E to the dealership. They spent six hours with the MME and communicated symptoms, photos and videos to Ford. But, your opinion is based on a cursory review of three photos. I understand your opinion but how do you know that Ford is wrong about the door being misaligned at the factory?

My goal was to share information about this unfortunate issue and Ford's response to such. The second-guessing based on limited information remains just that....
Well if it's really a factory problem then we must ask what about the QC at the factory?

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Its probably a good idea, before you sign the contract is to look over the car throughly. Check the whole car for fitment of panels, doors etc. That would also includes interior fitment.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Wow, might be just a fluke or one off, but I would not accept this car. I turned down tesla's for this same reason. Why is this different? I realize that introduces a whole world of logistical problems as to what to do, but I just could accept this, body shop or not. And if it is true that wind could cause this, then it's not built very well to begin with. Wind happens everywhere all the time. All that aside, I also realize that some less finicky folks will let them fix it and move on. I get that too. I wish I could be as practical about stuff like this.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Not ideal and very frustrating - glad they are helping fix it

but Please dont say the RR is cop summoning (my heart drops every time i think of that ) ?- I am set on my FE in two weeks which is RR..cannot wait for May delivery of IB premium
I think the original color name was "Arrest-Me-Red"

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I think the original color name was "Arrest-Me-Red"
My current car is an Audi A4 in what I lovingly call "pull-me-over red". I am going to miss my manual transmission. Going straight from 3 pedals to 1!

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
My current car is an Audi A4 in what I lovingly call "pull-me-over red". I am going to miss my manual transmission. Going straight from 3 pedals to 1!
Haha, awesome! While mine was black, I'm also going from 3 pedals directly to 1. My previous car (in my avatar) was my supercharged '08 mustang GT.
I anticipate 1-pedal drive to feel a lot like lifting off the throttle when in a low gear and feeling the engine braking slowing you down.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
I don’t think there is anything about that door that screams “within spec”.
That's the point! ;) There is Tesla's "within spec" and the rest of the world's "within spec". Be glad you haven't had to experience the former. Many have.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
All-knowing knee-jerk opinions with limited information that seek to dismiss more reasoned and informed postulates aren't always helpful.
I'm somewhat confused as to why it matters. Personally I'm inclined to go with the "in transit" damage theory, mostly because I think the chances of a misaligned door getting through QC is small. But it could have been misaligned at the factory.

What I don't understand is why it matters that much. They can either fix it to your satisfaction or not.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
That's the point! ;) There is Tesla's "within spec" and the rest of the world's "within spec". Be glad you haven't had to experience the former. Many have.
Ya, so far, so good (again, knocking on wood). I think the later builds are getting a lot more love in regards to quality.

OP
OP
IL_Vet

IL_Vet

First Name
MarCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Few
Country flag
Wow, might be just a fluke or one off, but I would not accept this car. I turned down tesla's for this same reason. Why is this different? I realize that introduces a whole world of logistical problems as to what to do, but I just could accept this, body shop or not. And if it is true that wind could cause this, then it's not built very well to begin with. Wind happens everywhere all the time. All that aside, I also realize that some less finicky folks will let them fix it and move on. I get that too. I wish I could be as practical about stuff like this.
I can relate to what you're saying and mostly agree with you. When I initially inspected the vehicle (as I do with all new vehicles including my T-MS), there were no issues. As the temperature plunged, the door began creaking/cracking, the bottom of the door and front quarter panel began making contact. The Mach-E went to the dealership the next morning. After six hours of testing the door, checking for other damage, specs review, photos and videos, the dealership through Ford made decided that it was a manufacturer defect. The Mach-E appeared acceptable to me during pre-delivery inspection. I, like you, want new things to be new but the new auto manufacturing mindset and modus operandi allows for tolerable defects to be repaired later. If this problem had been detected at the factory, the same repair process would occur. Now, the repair process is occurring outside the factory. For now, I'll go with the flow and respond appropriately if the repair is not successful. I am optimistically hopeful.

OP
OP
IL_Vet

IL_Vet

First Name
MarCal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Few
Country flag
Its probably a good idea, before you sign the contract is to look over the car throughly. Check the whole car for fitment of panels, doors etc. That would also includes interior fitment.
Thanks for sharing. I did those things.

Not Stang E

First Name
Anush
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME premium RWD ext
Occupation
Business Analyst
Country flag
Welcome - hope you really did not mean to say that this door misalignment thread interests you too much :) over everything else related to the Mach E.
Haha no I was just kidding. I picked up my MME in Jan and I want this to be a place where I can share my thoughts and discover more about it together.
Sponsored