Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Last week on Friday 11/25, I got the dreaded "Stop Safely Now" when I tried to drive my car leaving my parents house. The battery icon and the car icon with the exclamation point appeared on my dashboard. It took me a whole 24 hrs and 5 tow companies later to finally get my vehicle towed to the dealership closest to my house. Apparently many tow companies aren't knowledgable on how to tow an electric vehicle, specifically a Mach-e.
With so many issues we have had with our vehicle being in and out of the shop in the past and being without our car for a few months in total, my husband and I want to pursue a buy back. With those that have gone this route, what all did you do to get this process started? We do not have a diagnosis yet and it's been at the dealership waiting to be a looked at and today marks 1 week since it was brought in.
A case has been opened with Ford this past Saturday and I am pending for whomever is assigned to contact me since I don't know who that person will be yet. I did let my service advisor know what our plans are for the vehicle and all the history/issues we have had. He even said when he printed out our service history the stack was thick so that goes to show we have brought it in many many times.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Should be an immediate recall to replace HVJB for those who have the one that they designed wrong. I'd be furious in this position as well. It's terrible for the brand.
Why? What proof do you have that it was “designed wrong”?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
The unit they're replacing with has been redesigned to prevent the issue. Open and shut case.
No. Not “open and shut”. First, incremental product improvement happens all the time. Second the failure rate may be low enough to be statistically insignificant. We know nothing about the failure rates. Third, it’s been addressed with a software update.

Calgary MACH E

First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD LR
Country flag
No. Not “open and shut”. First, incremental product improvement happens all the time. Second the failure rate may be low enough to be statistically insignificant. We know nothing about the failure rates. Third, it’s been addressed with a software update.
The software update doesn't address the issue. It changes how the car handles the issue when it happens.

It is all explained here in this handy video. At 10:45.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Why? What proof do you have that it was “designed wrong”?
The (re-designed) recall replacement part IS proof the original HVBJB parts were designed 'wrong', and are failing at a 'significant rate' with normal use.

The software 'recall' is just advance warning intended to restrict power output and give you time to get to a Dealership, verify error code, and get the 'better designed' HVBJB ordered and schedule the remove/replacement of the original under-designed HVBJB

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Gee - not good to hear as my new '23 MME is being built this week !
😬