danielleryane

First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Last week on Friday 11/25, I got the dreaded "Stop Safely Now" when I tried to drive my car leaving my parents house. The battery icon and the car icon with the exclamation point appeared on my dashboard. It took me a whole 24 hrs and 5 tow companies later to finally get my vehicle towed to the dealership closest to my house. Apparently many tow companies aren't knowledgable on how to tow an electric vehicle, specifically a Mach-e.
With so many issues we have had with our vehicle being in and out of the shop in the past and being without our car for a few months in total, my husband and I want to pursue a buy back. With those that have gone this route, what all did you do to get this process started? We do not have a diagnosis yet and it's been at the dealership waiting to be a looked at and today marks 1 week since it was brought in.
A case has been opened with Ford this past Saturday and I am pending for whomever is assigned to contact me since I don't know who that person will be yet. I did let my service advisor know what our plans are for the vehicle and all the history/issues we have had. He even said when he printed out our service history the stack was thick so that goes to show we have brought it in many many times.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yes, I have read that post.
That’s probably the best advice you’re going to get. I’m not sure how successful a buy back request would be if they haven’t attempted to fix it yet. You’re probably better off getting it fixed and then selling it if you want to get out of it.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
With so many issues we have had with our vehicle being in and out of the shop in the past and being without our car for a few months in total, my husband and I want to pursue a buy back. With those that have gone this route, what all did you do to get this process started? We do not have a diagnosis yet and it's been at the dealership waiting to be a looked at and today marks 1 week since it was brought in.
I suggest you research your state's Lemon Law to see if you qualify.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I am sorry to hear it bricked on you. I have gone through the same thing with the HVBJB and know the frustration. I will tell you if it is the HVBJB and the replace it with the new updated part, you stand a good chance of the problem being solved. My first one went at 6K, the second one (still the old part) at 12K and I am now just over 16K with no error messages as of yet on the updated part.

Like some of the others here have advised, if you are done with the car you might want to save the time and aggravation of pursuing a lemon buy back and just trade the car in on what ever you want to replace it with. Since the resale value on the MME is good it might be a better route to go.

Flydivesurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER, Model X
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I suggest you research your state's Lemon Law to see if you qualify.
This. Gather the receipts from your previous visits. Look into the state lemon law rules then do the math. Then approach your dealer and the Ford BEV desk at customer service about a buy back if that doesn’t work, lemon law it, but as @generaltso said, fixing and selling might be faster. Good luck.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
This is still happening? I sold my Mach-E a year go because of this. I come back here to see its still happening. How is it still actually happening, by now I thought this would be fixed.

Idk how people are so casual about this.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
This is still happening? I sold my Mach-E a year go because of this. I come back here to see its still happening. How is it still actually happening, by now I thought this would be fixed.

Because it affects a very small percentage of cars built before June and repairs are happening. It's amplified here because this is where people come to complain and because everyone presumes that every single "Stop Safely Now" and "Service Vehicle Soon" message has to be a HVBJB failure.

Calgary MACH E

First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD LR
Country flag

Should be an immediate recall to replace HVJB for those who have the one that they designed wrong. I'd be furious in this position as well. It's terrible for the brand.

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag

Probably a car built before June 2022. Ford should recall all Mach Es before that date but part of me thinks they won't until there is a class action against them. I've rarely heard about cars going in the shop for the ones produced after June 2022.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Probably a car built before June 2022. Ford should recall all Mach Es before that date but part of me thinks they won't until there is a class action against them. I've rarely heard about cars going in the shop for the ones produced after June 2022.
Let's hypothesize on the reasons why (and the date is 5/25/22 forward):

1) A car produced in June would have arrived in dealerships in late July or August, i.e. 4 months ago. That's 4 months at best of cars, as compared to 20+ months of cars before the date.

2) Cars have barely been driven that fit into that date period.

3) HVBJB was upgraded, so that's off the table. There likely will be something else that causes issues, but it hasn't built up a head of steam yet.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
because they probably don't have enough parts or manpower to do it all at once
tough luck Ford. i agree with those above saying they should replace all these parts and not wait for random failures. the car is a ticking timebomb of a problem. it just is. not everyone wants to admit that, but it is true.
Sponsored