Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yeah, I've tried. But I have too many trees blocking the sun to make it cost effective, unfortunately.

But I have free charging at work, so I try to do most of my charging there. With the much bigger battery in the Mach-E, I'm hoping to do all of my charging there. My commute is only 10 miles each way, so topping off once a week will probably be plenty.
Same here. Great trees that provide excellent shade to keep the house cooler in the summer but bad for solar. We buy most of our power from a local community solar project (they allow you to buy shares worth 70% of your electricity) and the rest from regional wind producers.
Sponsored

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
DTE electric company approved my $500 rebate for the ChargePoint Home Flex!! Yaaa!

Ford Mustang Mach-E ChargePoint Discount 0A14FC75-EED0-43D2-95D8-45FB7B4E13BC
I don't remember, what are the other requirements to get this rebate? Do I need a separate meter or join their new rate plan?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I don't remember, what are the other requirements to get this rebate? Do I need a separate meter or join their new rate plan?
Both and buy an approved charger. I have two meters and only the EV meter is on the EV plan time of use rates (discount rates from 11 pm to 9 am during the week and all weekend). The rest of the house is on normal residential rates.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
My power company, Santee Cooper, had no rebates for EVSEs and I complained about it on their Facebook page. A few weeks ago I got an email from them touting their EV benefits, one of which was an EVSE rebate. I sent in the required paperwork and was approved for the $500 rebate, already deposited the check! I actually got them to allow me to use the Buyers Order from the dealer in place of the car registration, which was one of the requirements, since I don't have my Mach-E yet.

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag
Check with your power company. I was given a 500 rebate installing my EVSE a couple years ago. I bought the ChargePoint and wired it with my electrician friend.

1969Camaro

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2018 Prius Prime, 1969 Camaro
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So tempted since that CP Flex is on discount....

However, I already have wayyyyyy more battery than I need (88 kWh) and have two functioning EVSEs at home (L1 and L2) so I think I will put my credit card away and just use my existing equipment.
What dealer did you buy your car from ?
Sponsored