First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT,2020 F-150 Raptor,2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Hi all,

I had the car for 4 days now, pretty happy so far. I got a ChargePoint Home Flex, that seems to be working well (hardwired at 70A).

From my limited (currently 2) home charging experience, I'd like to ask about the differences I see between the ChargePoint app and FordPass. I take that the car is probably still doing some calibration... But for instance, my last charge:

- FordPass reports going from 32% to 90%, adding 146 miles (That should be around 52.78 kWh: (91*0.9)-(91*0.32))
- ChargePoint reports 57.04 kWh, 218 estimated miles added
- Looking at the home consumption in my solar app, I see even more (like 60 kWh)

Is any of this accurate at all? What the ChargePoint reports as range is obviously not real, so I'm wondering if they have good estimates for the GTPE. And I guess the kWh difference between them is what gets lost as part of the process.

And btw, the EV image in the CP app sucks, I hope they will update that, XD:

Ford Mustang Mach-E ChargePoint HomeFlex questions IMG_1609.PNG

Any hints on this?
Thanks!
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The EVSE isn't able to see the vehicle's battery's estimated fill level, nor the vehicle's guess-o-meter range estimates. So the numbers will never perfectly line up.

And yes, there are charging losses from heat, etc, so the amount of kWh metered by the ChargePoint should be greater than what FordPass is measuring.

OP
OP
javierhe

javierhe

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT,2020 F-150 Raptor,2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
Got it, thanks

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Expanding a bit on the above, 8-10% in charging losses is fairly normal. Also the total kWh that correspond to 100% SoC will vary a bit based on temperature, and even the math between different percentage points in SoC is a bit fuzzy and opaque. I'd say everything seems to be performing within expectations, no red flags.
Sponsored