Charging at RV Parks

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
So, you used the Ford charger that came with the car at the RV spot, as long as it was a 50amp, correct? That's good to know. Might as well charge it overnight and avoid one less stop.
Yes, besides campgrounds and the parking garage of a local mall, I have not used the included Ford charger anywhere else.
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I did this when I took some family to Plainview Texas. There was no charging in the town at all except for an RV park. I could have made it back to an EA charger on the route home but it would have been pushing it so stopped in and charged for about 2 hours just to give some extra range for the trip home.

Went to the office and offered to pay, but they told me to just plug in and not worry about it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Charging at RV Parks 20210424_160009

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can't wait for a Ford Transit van with a class B conversion. 250 to 270 miles is all I drive during the day and stay at RV parks overnight charging up the van. Come on Coachman! An all electric Beyond 22c is in my future.

awiginton

First Name
Alesia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
I can't wait for a Ford Transit van with a class B conversion. 250 to 270 miles is all I drive during the day and stay at RV parks overnight charging up the van. Come on Coachman! An all electric Beyond 22c is in my future.
That's awesome! I just ordered the Grizzle E for home and will pack the Ford charger with the car, just in case. Thanks for sharing!

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
Thanks for the link! It is currently routing me through Canada so that is interesting…the route we currently have planned does have 2-3 fast chargers per day, just need to charge overnight at the park to make it across 2 long stretches.
Take it from a Canadian…..Do NOT route through Canada, unless you are just planning a scenic route, with road construction delays and single lane highways, and maybe some flood washouts, forest fires etc…. Your U.S. Interstates are WAY faster.

If you don’t care about time, Banff Alberta is beautiful. You could stay at 5 star Banff Springs Hotel. Drive through the Rockies, into the Fraser Valley B.C., stay in Vancouver at 5 star Pan Pacific Hotel downtown. Take a cruise through Stanley Park, and then head South for a long wait at the Peace Arch Crossing, on your way to Seattle. I hope this helps.

katumba1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Infinite Blue, 2018 Expedition
Country flag
Just thinking along these same lines of 'what if', could this adapter be used to connect to 120v 30amp RV service - with our Ford supplied cable? This is also the output on my portable generator (so just another 'what if').

https://www.evseadapters.com/products/tt-30p-to-nema-14-50r-ev-adapter/

This would be slightly faster than 110v 15amp, correct?

Thanks!

Reactions: SWO

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
128 mile range...

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Here is one:

and here is one:

oh and if Airstream trailers is more your style:

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
Here is one:

and here is one:

oh and if Airstream trailers is more your style:
Winnebago had an all electric B van at the Florida RV Super Show in January. It was pretty cool, but still a prototype. The problem is the range still. Winnebago is putting most of their eggs in the Class B basket so I would put my money on them being the first main RV company to release an all electric B van. The problem is RV manufacturers getting the chassis. Amazon is making it hard.

Airsteam is over a year out for anything.

On the original post topic, I charge daily at an RV plug since that’s where I work and other than a few issues with the crappy Ford plug it’s been fine.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Winnebago had an all electric B van at the Florida RV Super Show in January. It was pretty cool, but still a prototype. The problem is the range still. Winnebago is putting most of their eggs in the Class B basket so I would put my money on them being the first main RV company to release an all electric B van. The problem is RV manufacturers getting the chassis. Amazon is making it hard.

Airsteam is over a year out for anything.

On the original post topic, I charge daily at an RV plug since that’s where I work and other than a few issues with the crappy Ford plug it’s been fine.
All 3 were at the Florida RV Super show and, yes, all 3 are prototypes.

There really isn't a production EV RV available in the US yet.

They seem to be a bit more ahead of us in Europe as some EV RV prototypes have been leant to youtubers to go camping in.

Given the state of things I think a hybrid RV would be far better than a pure EV RV. Take the F-150's hybrid powertrain (including the 7.2kW ProPower) and drop that into a Class-B. Now you're talking. No need for a generator, its included.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Just thinking along these same lines of 'what if', could this adapter be used to connect to 120v 30amp RV service - with our Ford supplied cable? This is also the output on my portable generator (so just another 'what if').

https://www.evseadapters.com/products/tt-30p-to-nema-14-50r-ev-adapter/

This would be slightly faster than 110v 15amp, correct?

Thanks!
Unfortunately, no. The charging speed list limited by the EVSE and car, not the outlet. A 30 Amp 120V outlet will work exactly the same as a 15 Amp 120V outlet, if you are using the Ford EVSE.

katumba1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Infinite Blue, 2018 Expedition
Country flag
Unfortunately, no. The charging speed list limited by the EVSE and car, not the outlet. A 30 Amp 120V outlet will work exactly the same as a 15 Amp 120V outlet, if you are using the Ford EVSE.
Gotcha, thanks!
Sponsored