Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I guess I should add that plugshare.com and abetterrouteplanner.com are invaluable as planning tools. ABRP does a pretty good job of mapping out the best route with the fastest charging stops, but plugshare.com is invaluable at researching the experiences of real users at a location. I found them both invaluable planning my 1600 mile road trip last month.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I use CP all the time on my Fusion since that’s what’s near my work. I imported the CP card into my ApplePay Wallet so I don’t use the CP app for anything except for finding chargers.

FYI, CP doesn’t automatically send a card. You need to request one. I requested mine when I signed up. ?

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
I guess I will need a new phone, more memory. To load up all these differant charging place apps, and route to go apps with all the charge places to stop and juice up. Its getting a bit more complicated. But thats cause I dont have my EV CAR and dont know what I am getting into and doing yet. The new modern world. ??

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I wonder what happens when you use up the KWH balance? Maybe pay as you go or reload KWH for $$?
EA allows you to become a Pass+ member for $4 a month, which you can turn on, then off a month later. That gives you lower rates, instead of 43 cents per kWH, it's 31 cents. I'm states where they charge by the minute, it's even more savings. You breakeven on the monthly charge in 1 good charge. We used it in Sept and October, then turned it off. Activates immediately, so turn it on just before you go on a trip.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
two different occasions I tried using the phone and yes the account was set up. I tried it with the app on in the background and also with the app opened, neither worked. RFID card worked instantly
If you have Apple iPhone you can add Electrify America and ChargePoint to your Apple wallet app. when you click the card in Apple wallet it activates the RFID to send to the charger. It will show a little animation below the wallet card to hold near charger.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I guess I will need a new phone, more memory. To load up all these differant charging place apps, and route to go apps with all the charge places to stop and juice up. Its getting a bit more complicated. But thats cause I dont have my EV CAR and dont know what I am getting into and doing yet. The new modern world. ??
The learning curve is steep. You’re starting off well by reading here. You’ll pick up a lot by the time you drive it off the lot.

Don’t know what phone you have but I think it’s pretty similar for iPhones and Androids. (I have an iPhone.) Get two apps - Electrify America and ChargePoint and load their cards into your wallet on the phone. EA will be your best bet for road trips along interstates. There are lots of them and growing and they are the current fastest. Plug and Charge works on EA (use your free kw’s with that first) but with the app you can opt in and out of the $4 Pass+ plan which gives you a lower rate. Like another said, you’ll make up that $4 on the first charge. ChargePoint chargers seem to be most of the level 2 chargers in towns at parks, municipal parking lots, etc. A lot of them are free and they all work by tapping the charger with the wallet card out in the phone - even when they are free. Just those two app’s will get you going.

Oh, and PlugShare app - it’s good for finding any charger and by reading the “check-ins” you can see which ones are broken and see pictures of the locations. Good info.

Hope you get your car soon! Then hit the road!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
EA allows you to become a Pass+ member for $4 a month, which you can turn on, then off a month later. That gives you lower rates, instead of 43 cents per kWH, it's 31 cents. I'm states where they charge by the minute, it's even more savings. You breakeven on the monthly charge in 1 good charge. We used it in Sept and October, then turned it off. Activates immediately, so turn it on just before you go on a trip.
sure, but the question was related to plug-n-charge, which can't be linked to an EA account.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The learning curve is steep. You’re starting off well by reading here. You’ll pick up a lot by the time you drive it off the lot.

Hope you get your car soon! Then hit the road!
the one benefit of having to wait months after ordering a car. Able to hit all the forums, fb groups to learn all kinds of valuable info. Was a huge help for me. As I went into this with zero knowledge of EVs in general.
Sponsored