rzanzerkia

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Acura TL, 2016 MB GLE350, 2021 Mach-e Premium
Country flag
I am planning a trip from New Hampshire to Virginia beach, VA (mid April).
I will be stopping in NJ for overnight where I can charge to 100% before driving to VA.
It's about 335 miles (from NJ to VA) so I need to charge somewhere.
Also I intend to spend 1 week in Virginia Beach then drive back to Philadelphia.

Electrify America has a station in Newport News, VA which will be useful while there.
What other charging stations are available? (EvGO?)

Any other suggestions?
Thank you.
Sponsored

glenthompson

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT Star White
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Ford dealer in Williamsburg is supposed to be installing a DCFC but no idea when it will be done. They only have level 2 right now. Looks like most of the CCS chargers are at car dealers in the VA Beach/Norfolk area. Lots of level 2 at hotels.

The EA station in Newport News is between the Walmart and Sam's Club, just off I-64 on Jefferson Ave. Been by there many times but never used it.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

Tbird

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4x 2021 job 1
Country flag
I am planning a trip from New Hampshire to Virginia beach, VA (mid April).
I will be stopping in NJ for overnight where I can charge to 100% before driving to VA.
It's about 335 miles (from NJ to VA) so I need to charge somewhere.
Also I intend to spend 1 week in Virginia Beach then drive back to Philadelphia.

Electrify America has a station in Newport News, VA which will be useful while there.
What other charging stations are available? (EvGO?)

Any other suggestions?
Thank you.
I made that trip last summer stopping in Maryland for a few days on my way down. I planned the trip using ABRP and had no problems.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Also, do keep in mind the many free Tesla Destination L2 point between here and there... can be helpful for planning eating stops etc. Of course, you'd need a TeslaTap.

OP
OP
rzanzerkia

rzanzerkia

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Acura TL, 2016 MB GLE350, 2021 Mach-e Premium
Country flag
Just an update. Going to VB from NJ I started with 100% charge. Plug share app was showing only 1 charge station so I drove longer way via Washington DC. Plenty of EA stations. Around VB there are few ChargePoint stations.
on the way decide totake the shorter route via Delaware. Pohanka Hyundai in Salisbury MD has two fast charge point stations. Front one was blocked by a car. Rear one worked great. We were able to use restrooms because dealership was open.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I’ve been to a couple EVGo’s in VABeach going to and from the bridge tunnel. They both worked well. There’s one near Oceana NAS off Laskin Rd, which is great if you like seeing the Hornets coming in to the break. There’s another in the Greenbriar mall area. Both seemed relatively new.
That DelMarVa peninsula though , … It wasn’t great and it got worse. The only time I almost ran out of juice was there. It took four tries. The first was a one plug set up at a royal Farms that was occupied by a driver who didn’t seem interested in even looking at me, let alone telling me how much time he had left on the posted 30 minute limit. The next two stops were busted, one a power company experiment in the middle of nowhere and one old EFACEC EVGo unit that didn’t work on MachE’s. The fourth try was at an outlet mall where we pulled in with about 10 miles left and no other options. That was over 2 years ago. The last time we headed to Philly we went the other way because it looked like everything along 13 was busted.
Sponsored