Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
Come on @Ford Motor Company ! This is not OK. The NHTSA says to contact the manufacturer if dealers refuse to fix a recall issue. What is Ford going to do about this?
@Ford Motor Company I am actually looking at selling my vehicle now because I just can't trust if there is a real issue, Ford or the Dealers will actually fix the problem. And this is only going to get worse when the Lightnings come into the market as well. I got an appraisal from Polestar for 56K for my Mach E. With tax credits, it pays for the new Polestar. Ford can't even get their dealers to perform two simple glass recalls. What happens if I am one of the vehicles who contacts welds together? How many months would I have to pay for a rental? And then Ford customer service tells me there is nothing they can do, which is an outright lie. Ford can pay more money and make sure their customers are taken care of but they make the choice not.
Sponsored

OP
OP
wareagle1440

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
So I sold my MME. I got a good offer and after two NHTSA Complaints and one FTC complaint, I had a dealer reach out to perform the glass recalls. By that point it was too late because I just don't feel that Ford can support its customers, especially if something serious happened.

Switched to a Polestar 2, and the sales process was unbelievably smooth. I got an online quote for my MME, and when my car arrived, I was in and out in 20 minutes with the paperwork part (minus the test drive). No sitting around, interested sales staff who seemed to really care about EVs

Felt safe and unconcerned about driving from Denver to Vail this week for a work conference in my P2 whereas with the most recent recall (which i was part of) I did not feel ok driving that far, at that speed and up into the mountains. I loved the mach e and honestly was perfect size wise for what our family was looking for ultimately but it is much more relaxing to know the company I bought from can actually do something and not tell me there is nothing we can do to make the dealers do the work when something goes wrong. Can't express how bad Ford was every time I had an issue. Truly unbelievably terrible from roadside assistance taking 8 hours to bring a tow truck while in Denver, to taking three days to replace a 12-volt battery and then to waiting 9 months and having to complaint to the federal government to get Ford and their dealers to do anything, literally anything about replacing glass.

Sorry to be leaving this great community but @Ford Motor Company is directly responsible for my departure. It will honestly be a long time before I ever consider a Ford again.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So I sold my MME. I got a good offer and after two NHTSA Complaints and one FTC complaint, I had a dealer reach out to perform the glass recalls. By that point it was too late because I just don't feel that Ford can support its customers, especially if something serious happened.

Switched to a Polestar 2, and the sales process was unbelievably smooth. I got an online quote for my MME, and when my car arrived, I was in and out in 20 minutes with the paperwork part (minus the test drive). No sitting around, interested sales staff who seemed to really care about EVs

Felt safe and unconcerned about driving from Denver to Vail this week for a work conference in my P2 whereas with the most recent recall (which i was part of) I did not feel ok driving that far, at that speed and up into the mountains. I loved the mach e and honestly was perfect size wise for what our family was looking for ultimately but it is much more relaxing to know the company I bought from can actually do something and not tell me there is nothing we can do to make the dealers do the work when something goes wrong. Can't express how bad Ford was every time I had an issue. Truly unbelievably terrible from roadside assistance taking 8 hours to bring a tow truck while in Denver, to taking three days to replace a 12-volt battery and then to waiting 9 months and having to complaint to the federal government to get Ford and their dealers to do anything, literally anything about replacing glass.

Sorry to be leaving this great community but @Ford Motor Company is directly responsible for my departure. It will honestly be a long time before I ever consider a Ford again.
Sorry you had such a disappointing experience. We've been pretty fortunate with our First Edition. We've done 8-9 road trips in it through the mountains and beyond and it's been great. Our last trip a month ago was 2600 miles (Denver-Salt Lake-Reno-LA-Vegas-Denver). We're purposely holding off on doing the glass recalls for a year or two, waiting to see if we get another crack. We already had to replace the windshield once when a rock hit it.

If I'd gone through the problems you've had, I'd probably be looking to move on to something else too. But (knock-on-wood) so far ours has been very good.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Any updates on this? Has anyone had the glass recalls done recently in CO? It is still on my list, and I havenā€™t been in a rush, but I donā€™t want to leave it foreverā€¦

MattG

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Crosstrek, Lotus Elise, Jeep Wrangler LJ
Country flag
Any updates on this? Has anyone had the glass recalls done recently in CO? It is still on my list, and I havenā€™t been in a rush, but I donā€™t want to leave it foreverā€¦
Iā€˜m trying! Phil Long in Colorado Springs isnā€™t prioritizing recall work, theyā€™re scheduling 3 months out. Have a dealer in Montrose interested in doing the work, but thereā€™s only one mobile glass guy in that area so Iā€™m at the mercy of that schedulingā€¦.almost got it done last week though (But it turns out he wasnā€™t available so I got the car back unfixed).

eStang

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
software salesperson
Country flag
My car is finally getting it done since last week in Chicago (where I live). I was on a waiting list since April. The dealer would only do one a week, and only when they had a spare windshield on-hand. Windshields were on backorder in May-July so they did not make a lot of progress then.

Last edited:

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Iā€˜m trying! Phil Long in Colorado Springs isnā€™t prioritizing recall work, theyā€™re scheduling 3 months out. Have a dealer in Montrose interested in doing the work, but thereā€™s only one mobile glass guy in that area so Iā€™m at the mercy of that schedulingā€¦.almost got it done last week though (But it turns out he wasnā€™t available so I got the car back unfixed).
Wow, not moving very fast! I'll see how SilTerHar is doing on scheduling...

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
I had the glass recalls done via Phil Long (Littleton). They out source their glasswork to Highlands Ranch Collisions Center (Ford certified shop). Real time to complete is a one day job. However, the first time there they only did one of the two recalls. Phil Long had to send it back to complete the 2nd glass recall. Did a good job.
Unfortunately, they had to do 21P22 and 21G01. The Blue Cruise recall took much too long. The tech. blamed it on Ford and vice versa.
(I have no use for Blue Cruise, even if it was reliable. I enjoy driving, always have. And crazy as it sounds, I stop and rest if I get tired.)
They kept the car for a month: Sept. 26 -Oct.24, 2022. Most of the time it just sat on the lot. Took it in on a Monday as I was told (went in the previous Tuesday but was told to bring it back Monday -it would not be looked at until the [next] Monday).
They drove it ~100 miles. Did not charge it at all.
Lucky me - got a second remote/fob as a reward!

Last edited:

EvergreenGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Extended Range Battery, AWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
Jumping back in, Autonation Ford called a week or two ago saying they could get me in for all the recalls, including the windshield. Took it in today, the woman who drove me to the loaner car company (a weird side story) said normally they break about half of them so they always order two. Get the call at 3pm that they cracked mine while taking it out, and don't have any replacements. Going to be 3 days before replacement arrives, and they can't even do any of the other recalls since it's down the street at the glass place. Not a great experience so far. Service Advisor said normally this doesn't happen, but don't really believe him.
Sponsored