Almondtree

First Name
Phyllis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Does anyone else have this problem? Sometimes all is going well and I'm in my icon and preferences. Then after I stop and get back in the car and start it, the icon is ::: which is guest I suppose. And it shows totally different radio stations. So I set it back to my icon - which by the way does not show up where it should - still ::: dots and still wrong radio stations. Took it to Ford. Of course it wasn't doing it then. They checked computer and said all was fine. Very strange and annoying.
Sponsored

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
i'm not really sure what you mean, but can't you just get back to your profile by pressing the # on the door?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Does anyone else have this problem? Sometimes all is going well and I'm in my icon and preferences. Then after I stop and get back in the car and start it, the icon is ::: which is guest I suppose. And it shows totally different radio stations. So I set it back to my icon - which by the way does not show up where it should - still ::: dots and still wrong radio stations. Took it to Ford. Of course it wasn't doing it then. They checked computer and said all was fine. Very strange and annoying.
Yes, MANY are having this problem, a bug with a recent update.

Known solution is to turn off the vehicle, exit, and wait until it powers down, then try again. Or, push the door button for your profile. Or, make another guest profile and then switch.

OP
OP

Almondtree

First Name
Phyllis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag

Known solution is to turn off the vehicle, exit, and wait until it powers down, then try again. Or, push the door button for your profile. Or, make another guest profile and then switch.

OP
OP

Almondtree

First Name
Phyllis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Thanks. I have tried all those solutions. Glad to hear others are having the same issue. My dealer told me they were unaware of this. Who knows if that is really true?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Thanks. I have tried all those solutions. Glad to hear others are having the same issue. My dealer told me they were unaware of this. Who knows if that is really true?
Iā€˜m sure itā€™s true that theyā€™re not aware of it. But dealers are stupid.

I suggest you set the radio stations and other settings in the guest profile to match your profile so that it wonā€™t be so annoying when it gets stuck on guest.

machenator

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE GT
Country flag
Yes, I am having the same problem. The car will go weeks with no problem and suddenly, like yesterday, it would not recognize me. Then this morning it recognizes me again. So this is an issue Ford needs to straighten out.

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag

This just happened to me over the weekend. I have another profile and was unable to switch (which worked previously when my PAAK wasn't recognized). My profile finally picked when driving the car later, ie exit & power down.

OP
OP

Almondtree

First Name
Phyllis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I couldnā€™t get mine to switch back to my profile at all today so I took it to the dealer and showed the service manager. They tested the computer and as before found nothing wrong with it. He said he is going to talk to Ford and see what they have to say about it. I told him that this appears to be a known problem. He said heā€™s going to get back to me. I was extremely frustrated today.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I couldnā€™t get mine to switch back to my profile at all today so I took it to the dealer and showed the service manager. They tested the computer and as before found nothing wrong with it. He said he is going to talk to Ford and see what they have to say about it. I told him that this appears to be a known problem. He said heā€™s going to get back to me. I was extremely frustrated today.
When it happens again, reboot Sync by holding the volume down and skip forward buttons. Then you should be able to select your profile again. Donā€™t waste time with your dealer.

Amazonkers

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E Select, previous 13 Chevy Volt
Country flag
Yes, just last week. Was saying Memory changes not allowed while driving, something crazy like that. Rebooting Sync (vol down + forward) fixed it.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Does the 4.1x Sync UI update fix this annoying bug? Anyone with the new UI encounter this profile issue?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does the 4.1x Sync UI update fix this annoying bug? Anyone with the new UI encounter this profile issue?
There have been a couple of reports that the new UI update does not fix the profile bug.
Sponsored