BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I traded in for a glass roof. I have glass coverage with my insurance, soooo fingers crossed.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Sorry for digging this thread out of the past, but I figured it's better than starting an entire new one for the same subject.

Wondering what OP's resolution was - covered under warranty or denied?

Last weekend I noted a hairline crack in the roof, starting from the front edge and extending about 10" back, almost dead center. I see/feel no discernable sign of impact and I'm wondering if it might be a stress crack.

Obviously every circumstance and dealer is different, but it would be helpful to hear others' experiences.
Mine cracked when it was sitting in the hot Texas sun on a 100+ degree day. There were 2 distinct cracks, both emanating from the front edge, 12 - 16” long. Ford required my dealer to submit pictures and it was covered by warranty, no questions asked.

That was summer of 2021, and no further issues.

sparkout

First Name
Cliff O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Sorry for digging this thread out of the past, but I figured it's better than starting an entire new one for the same subject.

Wondering what OP's resolution was - covered under warranty or denied?

Last weekend I noted a hairline crack in the roof, starting from the front edge and extending about 10" back, almost dead center. I see/feel no discernable sign of impact and I'm wondering if it might be a stress crack.

Obviously every circumstance and dealer is different, but it would be helpful to hear others' experiences.
I have a crack also, on 2021 mme the dealer says under the triple care program it's not warranted. only the windshield is. Take it to a glass shop like Safelite and they can tell if it is a stress crack or a strike.
Replacement is about $1500 minus the deductible.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I have a crack also, on 2021 mme the dealer says under the triple care program it's not warranted. only the windshield is. Take it to a glass shop like Safelite and they can tell if it is a stress crack or a strike.
Replacement is about $1500 minus the deductible.
But the roof is covered under original warranty - if it’s a stress crack and not a rock chip crack. Call the BEV number and plead your case. I had to go through the BBB complaint process and Ford quickly agreed to replace it minus $200.

JeffMacheCaliR1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes CLS550
Occupation
Dentist
Country flag
Anyone else have issues with glass roof cracking??? Have a huge one right above drivers seat. NO sign of any impact at all. Guessing faulty install or window. I’m sure I know the answer but going to see if will warranty. Different if there was stone chip etc, there is not!!

9CDD456D-746F-49E7-95A8-E2EDB2803768.jpeg
I got exactly the same crack on my Mach E GT. Was yours replaced under warranty or your had to pay?

IMG_0443.jpeg

Ddsmom

First Name
Rose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e
Country flag
Crack occurred in June (2021) while I was in Texas. I suspect the cause was heat related. I took it to my dealer last week of June and they ordered the roof. Ford shipped the part roughly 4 weeks later. Part hadn’t arrived late August and is supposedly lost in transit. Ford tells dealer to reorder, which they do. A week later, a truck shows up at the dealer with both orders (!).
Scheduled the car in the following week to have it replaced. They had the car almost 3 days, but they also installed a bunch of updates during that time. The workmanship was flawless - car looked like new when I got it back.

About 2 weeks later, the windshield / roof recall is announced! 🤷🏼‍♂️
Where is this recall at? Mine is cracked and they want 3300 to get a new one with no eta for delivery

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Where is this recall at? Mine is cracked and they want 3300 to get a new one with no eta for delivery
The recall was not roof replacement, just re-sealing. It won’t help you.
Sponsored