Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Update: Still no availability date on my replacement roof. The parts manager informed me that Ford has replaced the original part number of the roof with a new one. He also stated that there are 20 of these on backorder at Ford - I'm pretty sure that no dealer would be ordering these for stock, so there are apparently several cars with roof problems out there.
Curious if one could opt for a metal replacement. I wonder what costs more to manufacture, glass or metal with headliner.
Sponsored

mach_e_hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Since it is taking so long would you consider the lemon law with this?

I don't want a situation where I can't drive a car that's a few months old.

OP
OP
Maquis

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Curious if one could opt for a metal replacement. I wonder what costs more to manufacture, glass or metal with headliner.
Warranty would only allow for in-kind replacement. I don't think this is a design problem, panoramic roofs have been used in cars for years. Since the part number of the glass has been changed, I am guessing that the replacement will be fine.

Since it is taking so long would you consider the lemon law with this?

I don't want a situation where I can't drive a car that's a few months old.
Car is still driveable....it's only a crack!

Reactions: RSH

OP
OP
Maquis

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update....Got a call from the dealer last week. My replacement roof has arrived X 2! They were told that it had shipped about the first of August. According to tracking data, the shipment was lost and Ford had them reorder. Last week, both shipments arrived together!!! I guess if they break one during installation, they get a second chance. ?

Cars goes in next Tuesday for replacement....here's hoping it goes well.

Reactions: n0n
OP
OP
Maquis

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just to bring closure, I pickup the car up from the dealer yesterday afternoon. The roof replacement was completed flawlessly- looks good as new.
As a side note, the service manager told me that their FCTP car was now eligible to be sold, in case anyone in the Illinois/Missouri/Iowa triangle is looking! It a clone of my Rapid Red AWD Extended range.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yes, literally said that in the other thread. Was getting wind bufffeting which I realized was such as

A) watched top gear UK and know the term - thanks james may
B) after the 3rd time of it repeating itself I was sure there wasn't a monkey on the roof with a mallot

Quickly scooted over onto a side street as I had the girlfriend with me, and the sound was LOUD.

Going to check to make sure I don't have any cracks, honestly a bit scary - but seeing it just cracks and isn't going to go full black sheep with the thing flying off... feels a bit better?

Bother.
that's definitely not normal I've had mine for over 3 months now and haven't experienced that knocking or buffeting at any speed.
Sponsored