Crew Car Wash: Windshield issue

Chadahren

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME premium
Anyone have unlimited washes at Crew Car wash (or maybe other places that also use windshield bar codes to automate entry)? Mine just doesn't read properly and I have to get manually scanned anytime I go in - which defeats part of the purpose and convenience of the program. The manager has said the polarized glass causes the issue and they see this with other "high end" vehicles. They've moved the sticker from inside the windshield to the outside but no difference.
Sponsored

mach-ebert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium FE
Occupation
Technology
Country flag
Use a similar car wash. My sticker also doesn't work. I think for it to work it has to be in the same spot you'd put an iPass transponder. Top of the windshield in one of the dotted areas on either side of the mirror. I also have them manually scan me. I've requested to just put the sticker on something and allow me to stick it out my window. They won't, citing concern for unauthorized vehicles using the sticker. Fair enough because I absolutely would do that. 🤣

smunro622

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
My car wash uses transponder and they stuck it on the inside of the charge port door. No issues since moving to the charge port door. I have my IPAAS on the left of the rearview mirror and it has been hit and miss.

ChehRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ext. Range
Occupation
ret
Country flag
I had the sticker in the right spot, but last month once it didn't read, so got The Letter, Pay You Idiot. Actually I called the Good To Go phone number, and a very courteous guy assigned my license number to my pass number, and I am 'good to go'. Also reversed the pay by mail fee, and charged the GTG rate.

curtisfinney

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V60, Subaru Forestor, 2023 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Country flag
Similar issue here but worse.

I signed up for the unlimited car wash at Water Werks Car Wash in Minneapolis. I didn’t realize that required a sticker on my car as the website gave me a QR code wallet pass. I go to use it and it doesn’t work. I call the guy out and next thing I know he is putting a sticker on my window- didn’t even ask me. I loathe putting stickers on my window - it’s why I have MN Park plates.

I go to the car wash next time and it doesn’t work. I flag the guy fir help. Next thing I know he is wedged between my car and the kiosk with a razor blade and immediately goes to scrape my sticker off with asking or telling me what he is doing. In his rush, he nicks my pillar.

He puts a different sticker on the outside of my window and manually sends me through. This one doesn’t work any better.

I contact the store aboutthe nick and the outside sticker not working - he gets me a card with a code that works, and gives me one free month car wash for the nick. I’m still pissed about that. I also complained about the use of stickers and he says everyone uses them and then says if they don’t do it, people cheat, but in the same breath he says they have a system to detect cheaters and regularly call the police when people do this.

I just don’t get why business don’t just get a license plate reader. It’s common tech. Why don’t want the sticker on our cars.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
My car wash uses transponder and they stuck it on the inside of the charge port door. No issues since moving to the charge port door. I have my IPAAS on the left of the rearview mirror and it has been hit and miss.
Where is the RFID reader at the car wash? Off to the side or overhead?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Off to the left and even with the top of the windshield is the reader.
Yeah then charge port door might work depending on how far down it’s aimed. Roof glass might work too.

The transponders should work if placed in the center of the shaded windshield area. If you put it on the edge of the shaded area, then you could have issues due to overlap.

smunro622

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
They moved it about 6 months ago and has been ever since...I run thru the car wash once a week. Only issue I run into is the charge port opens half the time.
Sponsored