Daily Work Commute Flat Tire Story - British Columbia, Canada - UPDATE - Dealer "Had an Accident" while repairing

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
Sorry sir, our technician had a small accident with your car. He drove over a toolbox.
Ouch, Captain Obvious would say something like..."Pretty significant lack of full disclosure, IMO".

Don't know if it's even possible, but I would ask that a Ford factory mechanical engineer give your car a precision evaluation before any additional repairs are made.

Makes me consider making my dash cam install permanent.
Sponsored

UsernameChecksOut

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Evo X, 2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I think I just watched your dashcam video on Reddit. Damn, sorry this happened to you. ?

You’re close by my area in Greater Vancouver. Now I’m afraid to take my vehicle in anywhere for service. Ugh.

I hope you are able to get justice on this. Thank goodness for your dash am footage.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Turns out they DROVE IT OFF THE LIFT!! ( not over a toolbox.)

Dash Cam Video: (no audio.)
For all those people who say "meh, I don't need no darn dashcam". Here's a perfect use case. He would have never known the truth. Reality is that you never want to have to pull a video from it, but when you do it's a great tool!

Also, I want a spare tire! I'm never letting that go.

OP - Sucks man ... wishing you the best.

Last edited:

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would certainly get your car inspected by another mechanic! Maybe the body shop across the street? If your panels are no longer aligned then if seems like there was significant damage. If a tow truck can cause a $28,000 repair for improper tow I can’t imagine how much damage this may have caused! I hope it is little and it can be repaired like new but I would get someone other than the dealer to give you a second opinion.

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sad to hear this ! …first new car…unreal!
I hope you can find an experienced electric car mechanic. Hoping it’s not the headache it looks like.

none of us knew of the results of inexperience in the e-workforce, and I am sorry weve had to learn from folks on the forum. A good reminder for all to set the car in 2 pedal and Whisper for any service that will be driving our cars.

good luck, hoping for the best.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
For all those people who say "meh, I don't need no darn dashcam". Here's a perfect use case. He would have never known the truth. Reality is that you never want to have to pull a video from it, but when you do it's a great tool!

Also, I want a spare tire! I'm never letting that go.

OP - Sucks man ... wishing you the best.
How does the video help in this case? OP's dealer is taking accountability for their mistakes, presumably before being made aware of the recording.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
How does the video help in this case? OP's dealer is taking accountability for their mistakes, presumably before being made aware of the recording.
I think by saying he ran something over vs driving off the lift and into the toolbox is a big difference.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Holy crap what idiots. They need to give you a new car -- I'd be firing your video off to our favorite Ford executives instead of the mach e forum. No way that's going to be right without extensive repairs (assuming it's not totaled) which will take months I bet.

When I had my Audi before my Mach-E, the three dealers where I took it for service all unplugged my dashcam (at the time, I had a more easily-unpluggable less-fancy setup). They all did so because this had recently happened at the Audi Palo Alto dealer. That's right, a mechanic took a car out at lunch at over 100mph and made lots of snorting noises, and there was a, uh, white powder on his seats I believe too.

Ah, here's a copy of the video, classic. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/n...hanic-caught-going-cocaine-joyride-lunch.html

I wonder if this dealer is going to try and unplug dashcams in the future before they "service" cars. I know my current dashcam has the power zip-tied to the dashcam, they're not turning it off easily.

Anyhow, so sorry this happened, I really think you need to consider some other options to get whole other than letting this clown dealer continue to call the shots in fixing their damage.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They were taking accountability but either they were lied to by the tech or they knew what happened and lied themselves. Either way if the panels are out of alignment there is more than superficial damage. Lesson for me is to purchase a spare tire kit to at least use if I decide to drive long distance.
Sponsored