benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Most use Ford Sync Navigation and have the DCFC as the destination or waypoint and have excess heat capacity in the system
I tried all that and seems like my battery didn't really warm up. I had cabin HVAC off, and on a trip to an EA station my battery was 47f at arrival.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Still officially promised by the company. Also an extremely basic feature that every non Ford EV has.
A comment in a non-Ford video equals an ā€œofficial promiseā€ by Ford? Of course this basic functionality should be in the car, but I havenā€™t seen an ā€œofficial promiseā€.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
My guess is you need 3.6.1, 3.6.2, 4.1.1, and 4.1.2 before en route preconditioning has a chance of working. The nav has to play a role here. 2023's might already have it.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If this is actually true, I hope they fired the person responsible for writing those update notes because it is absolutely absurd that they add a major feature like that and nobody is aware of it.
Ford Mustang Mach-E DCFC preconditioning is it coming???? r0TWOLcoU312

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
A comment in a non-Ford video equals an ā€œofficial promiseā€ by Ford? Of course this basic functionality should be in the car, but I havenā€™t seen an ā€œofficial promiseā€.
They just relayed what the company told them. Be pedantic if you want. I know Darren Palmer promised it too in some interview or podcast, but Iā€™m not about to waste time hunting for that example.

Getting it in writing on Twitter doesnā€™t seem to be any more of a guarantee it would come.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
My guess is you need 3.6.1, 3.6.2, 4.1.1, and 4.1.2 before en route preconditioning has a chance of working. The nav has to play a role here. 2023's might already have it.
Why are y'all just telling us about this? lmao

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
If you read the "fine print" on the Ioniq 5 roll-out, it's dealer-only right now (not OTA), and only works when you use the Hyundai nav, pick a charge point, and navigate to it. It also wants you to be circa 30 miles away to give it time to warm the pack. I'm paraphrasing here...but it takes some work to get it to work.

But boy does it seem to work - check out Kyle's new post:

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
If you read the "fine print" on the Ioniq 5 roll-out, it's dealer-only right now (not OTA), and only works when you use the Hyundai nav, pick a charge point, and navigate to it. It also wants you to be circa 30 miles away to give it time to warm the pack. I'm paraphrasing here...but it takes some work to get it to work.

But boy does it seem to work - check out Kyle's new post:

its only for the awd trim that has heat pump

OP
OP
Johnny572

Johnny572

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT performance
Country flag
its only for the awd trim that has heat pump
Most people that get AWD are in the climates that needs preconditioningā€¦.. Tesla was preconditioning before heat pumps.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Nope. Witness the repeated promises regarding job 1 cars and the remote Frunk release.
Seems like according to certain insiders here, this (DCFC preconditioning) is actually happening now

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Well I have 4.1.2 and have a 200 mile trip tomorrow in 25 degrees. Weā€™ll see. I never use Ford Nav but I guess I will tomorrow!

What temp should the battery be and how can I track it? Whatā€™s the best app? I have the OBDLink MX.
Sponsored