TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just checked Tire Rack for size, all-weather, ECO version (lower rolling resistance). The Continental TRUECONTACT TOUR shows about $150 ea. I have used the TrueContact model on a Lexus RX400H hybrid with good results. Road Hazard, mounting and balancing is extra cost. What brand is being put on the MachE as stock?
I've tried to see what tires the car comes with, but various pre-production units seem to have different tires. Here's one of the FEs from the Detroit media event, that Kyle had. Looks like Michelin Primacy Tour A/S 225/55R19. Tire Rack shows those as $232 ea. We usually just get tires at Costco but no idea what they'll have.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...tireModel=Primacy+Tour+A/S&partnum=255VR9PTAS

0u8a7685-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Just checked Tire Rack for size, all-weather, ECO version (lower rolling resistance). The Continental TRUECONTACT TOUR shows about $150 ea. I have used the TrueContact model on a Lexus RX400H hybrid with good results. Road Hazard, mounting and balancing is extra cost. What brand is being put on the MachE as stock?
Every car I have seen from the road shows is Michelin Primacy. I think all the vehicles I saw were Premium trim so 19" wheels.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I did that within a couple of weeks of picking up the Bolt. Stopped by a local fast charger for a few minutes just to make sure everything worked in the car.

(Of course I also did it prior to picking up the Bolt with the one I rented while I was on vacation: Found a DCFC at a grocery store and charged it while shopping.)
I have had a Bolt for almost four years. The longest road trip (many of you might consider this a moderate commute) is 300 miles round trip from Madison to Chicago and back. I make one 25-30 minute DCFC stop about 2/3rds of the way to Chicago. That gives me enough charge to get to Chicago and back to Madison without sweating it. This trip is literally the only time I use DCFC but it has definitely been great for me to make this one stop to charge, use the bathroom, and get a Diet Coke and then not have to worry about the rest of my trip. It makes me pretty comfortable using the Bolt instead of our ICE for each of my Chicago round trips.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
We usually just get tires at Costco but no idea what they'll have.
My experience with buying tires at a dealer, at a tire chain, and BJs and later Costco is that the warehouse stores actually seem to have the most educated tire salespeople. Which is kind of sad.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
My experience with buying tires at a dealer, at a tire chain, and BJs and later Costco is that the warehouse stores actually seem to have the most educated tire salespeople. Which is kind of sad.
wait what you get tires from the place you go and it's? called BJs?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
wait what you get tires from the place you go and it's? called BJs?
region warehouse club chain out of MA but yeah I know, I know

BJs.com - BJ's Wholesale Club

They opened their local club long before Costco opened here, but once Costco opened, I never really looked back. Which isn't really fair to BJ's since they were pretty good (and actually do one thing nicer, which is have labels on their aisles), but I just never felt the need to go back after Costco.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
region warehouse club chain out of MA but yeah I know, I know

BJs.com - BJ's Wholesale Club

They opened their local club long before Costco opened here, but once Costco opened, I never really looked back. Which isn't really fair to BJ's since they were pretty good (and actually do one thing nicer, which is have labels on their aisles), but I just never felt the need to go back after Costco.
Does your wife know you like to stop and get things from BJs?
Wonder what long it takes at BJs?
anyways glad you have such a wonderful place to spend money.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Does your wife know you like to stop and get things from BJs?
Wonder what long it takes at BJs?
anyways glad you have such a wonderful place to spend money.
Ford Mustang Mach-E DCFC Question 1607366686049