AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
if it dropped to ZERO, and screens went dark, I'd guess Dealership should pull the Frunk tub and check the nut first. If that's good, move on to the HVBJB.
Thanks. The 12 volt went dead after it left. Had charging faults before that so I assume it’s the HVBJB. Will post the final prognosis when it finally comes in.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tfitzgex

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
Update 30? Got a call from dealer today, they said it was a TSB that had caused it. Don't know what TSB. They are also doing the bluecruise programming for me. they said I should have the car back tomorrow. I guess Ford light a fire under them. Initially they said it would take them a week to even get to it.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Update 30? Got a call from dealer today, they said it was a TSB that had caused it. Don't know what TSB. They are also doing the bluecruise programming for me. they said I should have the car back tomorrow. I guess Ford light a fire under them. Initially they said it would take them a week to even get to it.
that sounds like bullshit.
All the TSBs out there resolve issues, not cause them.

chaifarm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
It's going to vary case to case, I'm not sure there are any published qualifications to keep people from abusing it. But once you get someone assigned to your case, you can talk to them about it. They are of course going to try to work with you to come up with a solution that you are comfortable with but they also feel is reasonable.
You can call the customer support line and they will get you started on the process the same way the social media team will
Today I spoke with the Ford customer service rep assigned to my case. She said Ford does not have a buy-back program. The dealer will do what is required by each state's Lemon Law - that's it. The dealer has had my new (1550 miles on the odometer) MME for 10 days. Problem of car losing all power and becoming undrivable has still not been diagnosed by Detroit engineers. It is the same problem being experienced by countless other MME owners. Apparently not a damn thing I can do about it.

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Today I spoke with the Ford customer service rep assigned to my case. She said Ford does not have a buy-back program. The dealer will do what is required by each state's Lemon Law - that's it. The dealer has had my new (1550 miles on the odometer) MME for 10 days. Problem of car losing all power and becoming undrivable has still not been diagnosed by Detroit engineers. It is the same problem being experienced by countless other MME owners. Apparently not a damn thing I can do about it.
I believe there is a 30 days in the shop clause in the CA lemon law.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Fortunately, the resale value for Mach Es is still high, so all you’d have to do is sell it and you’d probably make out as well as you would with a formal buy-back.

I’m in the same situation (my car has been in the shop for two weeks now, with no solution found, even after replacing the HVBJB). I’m putting in an order for another EV (BMW i4, I think) and will probably sell my MME when the other EV is delivered.

Bullitt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium SR AWD, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Country flag
Don't want to derail the thread, but just in this thread alone there's 4 people with dead cars. That's pretty alarming to me. I know there's thousands of Mach-Es out there but not that many. We're not talking F-150 volumes here, so when it adds up to dozens of cars failing in the past few months just from people on the forum here, plus all the others that likely don't use forums, it's getting harder and harder to not be paranoid about overall Mach-E reliability. I know it's still a small percentage, Consumer Reports rates it well, it's being ordered for police fleets, "forums are like hanging out in a hospital and thinking everyone has health problems", other EVs have issues, etc etc. But these are major failures, usually resulting in people getting stranded and put in dangerous situations. It's hard to just brush off...

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Let me clarify. They said applying a fix from a TSB would solve it.
Exactly. All manufacturers produce TSBs when they see a common failure in their cars. It helps both dealers and independent shops identify problems quicker by identifying the symptoms and what to do step by step to confirm that is the problem and repair the concern.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Don't want to derail the thread, but just in this thread alone there's 4 people with dead cars. That's pretty alarming to me. I know there's thousands of Mach-Es out there but not that many. We're not talking F-150 volumes here, so when it adds up to dozens of cars failing in the past few months just from people on the forum here, plus all the others that likely don't use forums, it's getting harder and harder to not be paranoid about overall Mach-E reliability. I know it's still a small percentage, Consumer Reports rates it well, it's being ordered for police fleets, "forums are like hanging out in a hospital and thinking everyone has health problems", other EVs have issues, etc etc. But these are major failures, usually resulting in people getting stranded and put in dangerous situations. It's hard to just brush off...
Not to mention that the replacement part (HVBJB) is also unreliable. My service tech just texted me and said that the HVBJB they just replaced was FAULTY and they have to order a replacement part. I have zero confidence in the component they're replacing, given the original AND replacement both failed.

Last edited:

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Not to mention that the replacement part (HVBJB) is also unreliable. My service tech just texted me and said that the HVBJB they just replaces was FAULTY and they have to order a replacement part. I have zero confidence in the component they're replacing, given the original AND replacement both failed.
You should report your situation to NHTSA as a safety issue.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Not to mention that the replacement part (HVBJB) is also unreliable. My service tech just texted me and said that the HVBJB they just replaces was FAULTY and they have to order a replacement part. I have zero confidence in the component they're replacing, given the original AND replacement both failed.

Does anybody know the exact nature of the failure is?
bad connector ? bad seal ? faulty relay ?

newmme

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
Hmm is that why tesla is more reliable?
Tesla has issues also. Difference is they have millions of ev's on the road. Ford has very few pure ev's on the road. That is why all these dead cars, doors opening on highway, and Paak issues are more concerning.
Sponsored