Stanmckinney

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang convertible
Country flag
I have a signed order stating my final price. My dealer asked for no deposit since I have bought many cars from him. Never sign a blank form.
Sponsored

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Could Ford customer service change the dealership on their end and move the deposit in any way? I DEFINITELY wouldn't sign a blank anything, that's just asking for trouble. There's a list of dealerships that don't do ADM floating around, maybe see if there is one near you and ask for Ford to change it for you after telling them the shenanigans this one is pulling.

Edit: Found it for you:

Glad my dealer hasn't asked for any extra $$ from me.
And no silly docs to sign at all.

My MME order is into Ford - dealer put priority 10 - Ford is supposed to change it to priority 1.

Norm Reeves FordCerritosCA

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Could Ford customer service change the dealership on their end and move the deposit in any way? I DEFINITELY wouldn't sign a blank anything, that's just asking for trouble. There's a list of dealerships that don't do ADM floating around, maybe see if there is one near you and ask for Ford to change it for you after telling them the shenanigans this one is pulling.

Edit: Found it for you:

Unfortunately this list is not correct, I know for a fact that at least one on this list in NJ does charge an ADM and there is 1 in Ny that isn’t on this that doesn’t .
is this from this FORUM?

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
Unfortunately this list is not correct, I know for a fact that at least one on this list in NJ does charge an ADM and there is 1 in Ny that isn’t on this that doesn’t .
is this from this FORUM?
I found it on the forum here. First post in the thread is the Google doc link that it decided to show the whole thing even though I tried to post it as just a link to the doc.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/official-list-no-adm-mach-e-ford-dealers.95/

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
Ask them if they will give you a signed blank check for safekeeping.

a dubb

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I was wondering if anyone else is getting weird requests from their selected dealer when trying to get an order in for a 2023 E-Mustang?

When I filled out the order form on the Ford website it asked me for a $1000 deposit which I paid and which shows up on my credit card statement as having been paid directly to the dealer. However, the dealer wants me to cancel the deposit and to give them a separate one which strikes me as odd.

In addition, the dealer just contacted me and wants me to sign a BLANK Purchase and Sales agreement with them before the order can go through. I I look at the Ford website it appears that my order has already been processed so I'm not sure what this request is all about, but it is making me VERY uncomfortable.

My dealer is in the Northeast if it makes any difference.

Anyone else seeing these requests?
Goodness I agree so much with everyone truly every situation is different however it’s so true that being careful with dealerships is critical I am finally wrapping up my nightmare once vehicle arrived to dealership and getting the $500 deposit paid is still not accomplished

as a person who’s gained so much Value thru this forum truly do your best to not be swayed by dealerships pressuring in the end you are the only who can ensure your value is protected

Call ford and share with them as well

a dubb

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Glad my dealer hasn't asked for any extra $$ from me.
And no silly docs to sign at all.

My MME order is into Ford - dealer put priority 10 - Ford is supposed to change it to priority 1.

Norm Reeves FordCerritosCA
Do not under any circumstances trust AutoNation I see them on here and I’m for sure they aren’t trustworthy

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Do not under any circumstances trust AutoNation I see them on here and I’m for sure they aren’t trustworthy
My dealer Norm Reeves is not an AutoNation franchise dealer.....

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
Cancel your order and select a different dealer. If the shenanigans are already starting, it will get much worse.
NO, don't cancel your order. That dealer will still keep the allocation. MOVE your order (by calling Ford Marketing) to another dealer.

Cancelling your order (or getting that deposit back online) resets your place in line. They want you to place it directly with them so they have a little more control over the process. No need to allow that.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
NO, don't cancel your order. That dealer will still keep the allocation. MOVE your order (by calling Ford Marketing) to another dealer.

Cancelling your order (or getting that deposit back online) resets your place in line. They want you to place it directly with them so they have a little more control over the process. No need to allow that.
If the order was just placed, submitting a new order with a different dealer won't affect the "place in line" much if at all. The dealer allocations will have a bigger impact.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If the order was just placed, submitting a new order with a different dealer won't affect the "place in line" much if at all. The dealer allocations will have a bigger impact.
Agreed. I for one moved an order because I knew if I backed out of it, that dealer would get the vehicle in a mark it up for the next person. I moved it to a dealer I wouldn't mind letting get the ADM (if they chose) versus the shady dealership I was working with originally -- I didn't want them getting any extra money.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agreed. I for one moved an order because I knew if I backed out of it, that dealer would get the vehicle in a mark it up for the next person. I moved it to a dealer I wouldn't mind letting get the ADM (if they chose) versus the shady dealership I was working with originally -- I didn't want them getting any extra money.
I guess that depends on the dealer. I placed an order online, and the dealer approved it the next day. Then they called and said they needed another $500 deposit and to do a credit check. I told them to just cancel the order if that's the case, and they did. I can tell online that the order went from Accepted to Cancelled and the $500 deposit I submitted online was credited back to my credit card.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I guess that depends on the dealer. I placed an order online, and the dealer approved it the next day. Then they called and said they needed another $500 deposit and to do a credit check. I told them to just cancel the order if that's the case, and they did. I can tell online that the order went from Accepted to Cancelled and the $500 deposit I submitted online was credited back to my credit card.
That is correct...but the dealer will still get the vehicle in, from what I've always understood through this process.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That is correct...but the dealer will still get the vehicle in, from what I've always understood through this process.
I don't believe they will if it's cancelled before a VIN is assigned.
Sponsored