Maxine

First Name
Maxine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Mustang
Country flag
I was wondering if anyone else is getting weird requests from their selected dealer when trying to get an order in for a 2023 E-Mustang?

When I filled out the order form on the Ford website it asked me for a $1000 deposit which I paid and which shows up on my credit card statement as having been paid directly to the dealer. However, the dealer wants me to cancel the deposit and to give them a separate one which strikes me as odd.

In addition, the dealer just contacted me and wants me to sign a BLANK Purchase and Sales agreement with them before the order can go through. I I look at the Ford website it appears that my order has already been processed so I'm not sure what this request is all about, but it is making me VERY uncomfortable.

My dealer is in the Northeast if it makes any difference.

Anyone else seeing these requests?
Sponsored

SV8T

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler 4xE HA/Range Rover Sport SVR/Audi A7
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
If you pay them the deposit and sign a blank purchase order, they will add dealer ADM when it arrives and force you to sign at the new price or walk away and let them charge the ADM to someone else. All while holding your $1k deposit over your head and telling you they won't give it back.

Don't walk, Run away!

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
What a sneaky way for the dealer to lock you into their dealership making the online order into a dealer order.

They are going to hold onto that money as non-refundable and hold your car hostage for a price they set.

I'd run away!

Parasmoney

First Name
Paras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Occupation
IT
Country flag
If you pay a deposit to the dealer and you later need to change the dealer where you will be signing for the car, you could lose your deposit. It's a sneaky way to lock you in to getting the car at their location. My dealer wanted a 500 deposit on top of 500 that I paid online. I negotiated it down to 200. I still didn't get a clear response on why I had to pay it but I knew I wasn't moving any time soon and was going to sign for the car at that dealer. As for signing anything that is blank... DON'T do it!!!

smaisuria

First Name
Sharvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD Ext.
Country flag
I agree with the posts above--I think you already know the answer, find a different dealer :) It is likely going to get worse/fishier (not sure if that's a word, but you get the gist!)

LinkRS

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
When I placed my order for a MY23 MME GT PE on the day that orders re-opened, I selected my options, was asked to select a dealer, and that was it. No deposit was requested? I received an email and a phone call from the dealer shortly after, confirming that I really did want to make the order. Told them I did, and they said that I would be getting a from I needed to sign, and return to them, to finalize the order. Within about 10 minutes of hanging up the phone, I get an email from Ford, confirming my order ("We got your order!"), and about 10 minutes after that, I get a form showing the details of what I selected online, and was asked to sign and return. Which I did, again no deposit requested or made. Last week (after reading about deposits on the forum), I contacted the Internet Sales department from my dealer, asking about the deposit, their reply said that you only make a deposit to Ford, if you make an order directly through them, and not if you order it through a dealer? So I must say, I am still confused on the whole deposit issue. I do know that my email from Ford, said they would be in contact within 45-days, which puts it around the first week of October. Perhaps I will know more then? It seems that different dealers handle these things differently?

Rich S.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
I was wondering if anyone else is getting weird requests from their selected dealer when trying to get an order in for a 2023 E-Mustang?

When I filled out the order form on the Ford website it asked me for a $1000 deposit which I paid and which shows up on my credit card statement as having been paid directly to the dealer. However, the dealer wants me to cancel the deposit and to give them a separate one which strikes me as odd.

In addition, the dealer just contacted me and wants me to sign a BLANK Purchase and Sales agreement with them before the order can go through. I I look at the Ford website it appears that my order has already been processed so I'm not sure what this request is all about, but it is making me VERY uncomfortable.

My dealer is in the Northeast if it makes any difference.

Anyone else seeing these requests?
The only way I would sign a blank purchase order is that I told them I was going to give them a check that would bounce. In doing that, both parties would be getting ripped off and you would start back to square one where all would be equal again.

Or better yet, say you will give them a signed blank purchase order if they were willing to give you a signed blank check from the owner of said Dealership. In doing that, you could tell them that we will write the check for the amount of ADM they will later charge you.

Obviously I am kidding. I would politely tell them that they are full of sh** and you will never go back to them. ;)

shanky2008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2023 Mustand Mach E
Occupation
Devops Engineer
This does not sound right.
I just booked my MME online via ford.com, dealer just called to confirm the order.

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
Could Ford customer service change the dealership on their end and move the deposit in any way? I DEFINITELY wouldn't sign a blank anything, that's just asking for trouble. There's a list of dealerships that don't do ADM floating around, maybe see if there is one near you and ask for Ford to change it for you after telling them the shenanigans this one is pulling.

Edit: Found it for you:

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
Is your dealer your significant other? If not i personally do not believe they should be trying to F you this hard.

Leave immediately. I bought my car from Schultz Ford in Nanuet NY and had a pleasant experience. Give them a try.

napajeff22

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Mustang GT, 22 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Retired Auto parts salesperson
Country flag
Springfield Ford in Springfield PA, definitely shouldn’t be on this list. They yanked me hard twice. Was told no ADM on a arriving stock vehicle (GT) then wanted $3k when it arrived. Was told another mme was coming ( Prem AWD std) and would be original deal, msrp. Car came in & after the test drive came back w/ $4k adm. also wouldn’t apply the $2k premium discount that was on window sticker. A $6k enema. Glad I didn’t do business with them as I couldn’t trust anything they promised.
Sponsored