Dealer Doc Fee with Xplan in NC

mmnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang MachE
Country flag
Our MachE has arrived at the dealer and we will be using X-plan. Our dealer (University Ford Durham) stated that in NC they must charge the same doc fee of $699 to everyone. It sounds like due to NC law, Ford cannot limit the customer's cost to $100 and pay the remainder of the fee to the dealer. Can those of you have bought with X-plan in NC provide input on whether they were charged the regular doc fee and if there was some sort of offset on the paperwork to limit your cost to $100?
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Our MachE has arrived at the dealer and we will be using X-plan. Our dealer (University Ford Durham) stated that in NC they must charge the same doc fee of $699 to everyone. It sounds like due to NC law, Ford cannot limit the customer's cost to $100 and pay the remainder of the fee to the dealer. Can those of you have bought with X-plan in NC provide input on whether they were charged the regular doc fee and if there was some sort of offset on the paperwork to limit your cost to $100?
This doesn't seem right at all. See subsection (b).

https://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/PDF/BySection/Chapter_20/GS_20-101.1.pdf

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
https://www.jdemmerford.com/ford-x-plan-official-rules.htm

Document Fees

• Dealers will be permitted to assess up to $100 in documentary fees on each delivery to an eligible purchaser under the terms of the Plan, unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation. Each dealer is responsible for complying with applicable laws or regulations.
  • Unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation: In states where dealers are not permitted to charge as much as $100 for doc fees, dealers would be capped at the lesser amount as provided by the state. In states that permitted more than $100, dealers would be permitted to charge the Plan customer $100. In states that permitted more than $100 and also required that all customers be charged the same amount, dealers may charge the Plan customer $100 and indicate any additional fees have been paid by Ford Motor Company or Lincoln Motor Company as part of the AXZD-Plan Program dealer reimbursement on the buyer's order.
  • Doc Fee Charges should be detailed on the AXZD Plan Pricing Agreement located in number 4.

ADDZ71

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER AWD (sold) 22 MME GT (Del 5/22)
Occupation
Lithium expert
Country flag
In South Carolina they were required to do something similar I think it was $399. The dealer got to the $100 cap by discounting the transaction price by $299.

kd-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Pending) Mach-E Premium
Country flag
@mmnc Did you get this resolved? I am working with the same dealer right now and they told me the same thing. Seem contrary to X-Plan rules - but I am not sure how to explain that to them...

Dtrauch

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
@mmnc Did you get this resolved? I am working with the same dealer right now and they told me the same thing. Seem contrary to X-Plan rules - but I am not sure how to explain that to them...
I’m using the same dealer too. Please let us all know how this gets resolved with University Ford Durham.

Norm in NC

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I finalized my deal with Capital Ford on June 1. Doc fees with Xplan were $100 - down from $699.

BobMatrix

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Altima Coupe
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Country flag
Mine is charging me 250 I live in NC but I am buying in SC. I'll bring it up again closer to delivery.

peoples1234

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE GB
Country flag
I bought from Crossroads in Apex. Fee was $100.

It Is a rule of Ford plans, so if they can’t figure it out, hit up ford on twitter.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF,MACHE PREMIUM eAWD
Country flag
I bought from Crossroads in Apex. Fee was $100.

It Is a rule of Ford plans, so if they can’t figure it out, hit up ford on twitter.
Hey, I have booked my MME premium AWD with them too. How was the experience? I submitted my order last week and since then there have been no updates :(.

peoples1234

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE GB
Country flag
They were good to work with. I think they have a $350 or so non negotiable fee for some garbage you don’t need, but compared to other dealerships it was palatable. Easy in and out. They beat my CU rate, so I financed with them.
Overall, I was happy. Salesman was very good, I’ll have to look up his name.

kd-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Pending) Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Anyone do a purchase with University + X-Plan and say the magic words to get this off the price sheet? I seem to be unable to convince the salesperson that they are not following X-Plan rules

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Anyone do a purchase with University + X-Plan and say the magic words to get this off the price sheet? I seem to be unable to convince the salesperson that they are not following X-Plan rules
Have you tried showing them the X-Plan rules?

Dtrauch

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I was unable to convince them. I sent them the X Plan document and showed them this thread as well as where it said the fee was max at $100. They just basically came back and said "no". I decided to just swallow it. The rest of the experience was good and they did honor the X-Plan discounts (except for maybe this dealer fee) and they did not charge ADM, so I accepted it.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag