mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
Tesla's site has been like that for a long time. If you click on the "estimate payment" button at the bottom and then go to the gas savings tab. You can customize by entering the gas price per gallon and the miles driven per year.

It give me a dirty feeling when they include that in the price by default. Makes it look cheaper than it is.

I think all EV companies should have that as an option right on the main page for viewing info about the car, just it should be off by default. It would be good to be able to see monthly costs for an existing gas car vs the EV you're shopping for.
Sponsored

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Tesla's site has been like that for a long time. If you click on the "estimate payment" button at the bottom and then go to the gas savings tab. You can customize by entering the gas price per gallon and the miles driven per year.

It give me a dirty feeling when they include that in the price by default. Makes it look cheaper than it is.

I think all EV companies should have that as an option right on the main page for viewing info about the car, just it should be off by default. It would be good to be able to see monthly costs for an existing gas car vs the EV you're shopping for.
The Nissan Leaf calculator is good, it lets you change MPG, kWh cost, gas cost, but is limited to daily miles, so you have to estimate that over a year (based on their calculation method).
https://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/electric-cars/leaf/cost-calculator/

bprince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Rapid Red AWD
Country flag
Tesla’s been hounding me to finalize my MY order. I don’t know why I haven’t just canceled it yet.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Decided to cancelled Mach E for a Model Y F24AE6A8-2516-4271-ABAC-D8B7A103001A

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Tesla’s been hounding me to finalize my MY order. I don’t know why I haven’t just canceled it yet.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Decided to cancelled Mach E for a Model Y F24AE6A8-2516-4271-ABAC-D8B7A103001A
That's an easy cancellation that I'd make... But that's me! You've gotta make this tough decision for yourself. You could keep pushing them back maybe?

bprince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Rapid Red AWD
Country flag
That's an easy cancellation that I'd make... But that's me! You've gotta make this tough decision for yourself. You could keep pushing them back maybe?
I'm going to see if I can push them back. The issue that I'm concerned with is, if I'm not mistaken, they'll have to run my credit again after 60 days - which for me is at the end of September. If they can push back without another hard pull, then I most certainly will.

Last edited:

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I'm going to see if I can push them back. The issue that I'm concerned with is, if I'm not mistaken, they'll have to run my credit again after 60 days - which for me is at the end of September. I'm not going to do that. But if they can push back without another hard pull, then I most certainly will.
Just curious, why not just cancel all-together? Are you trying to hedge your bets just in case you don't like the MME when you get behind the wheel? What is turning you off from the Tesla?

bprince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Rapid Red AWD
Country flag
Just curious, why not just cancel all-together? Are you trying to hedge your bets just in case you don't like the MME when you get behind the wheel? What is turning you off from the Tesla?
100% accurate. That's it. My original reason for not canceling is b/c Ford has provided skim information on financing options, and I simply can't see myself paying hundreds of dollars more for anything when I can get it for less. Right now, Tesla is less. Every single way I spin the numbers (including what's been discussed in other threads in this group), Tesla always comes out less. So I've been waiting in hopes that Ford would provide more details on the Ford Options and rebate/discount programs, but nothing. Also, thanks to COVID, it looks like I won't get a Mach-E until December (if I'm lucky - order placed on July 6th, 2020). I'm doing a 3-year lease either way. So, for me, it's really getting down to crunch time.

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
100% accurate. That's it. My original reason for not canceling is b/c Ford has provided skim information on financing options, and I simply can't see myself paying hundreds of dollars more for anything when I can get it for less. Right now, Tesla is less. Every single way I spin the numbers (including what's been discussed in other threads in this group), Tesla always comes out less. So I've been waiting in hopes that Ford would provide more details on the Ford Options and rebate/discount programs, but nothing. Also, thanks to COVID, it looks like I won't get a Mach-E until December (if I'm lucky - order placed on July 6th, 2020). I'm doing a 3-year lease either way. So, for me, it's really getting down to crunch time.
Just wait, because as long as the Ford meets your needs it will be well worth it. Everyone I know in my area that purchased a Tesla has regretted it at some point in the experience. I got rid of mine after 1.5 years for a laundry list of items, and I was the biggest Tesla fanboy you could imagine.

bprince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Rapid Red AWD
Country flag
Just wait, because as long as the Ford meets your needs it will be well worth it. Everyone I know in my area that purchased a Tesla has regretted it at some point in the experience. I got rid of mine after 1.5 years for a laundry list of items, and I was the biggest Tesla fanboy you could imagine.
Oh wow! You had a Tesla? See, I'll take your first-hand experience over anyone's opinion. Everyone is telling me to wait. Even my brother who isn't a tesla or a ford fan told me to wait. He said even though I'm leasing, it's important to like the vehicle that I will not only be driving daily but also paying for. So I might as well wait on the one I want.

Boy, do I hope Ford has some untold rebates or something to better compete with Tesla leasing options. I already have the deposit + $1k Ford options rebate + XPlan discount. So I'm hoping to pile those on to a juicy APR or further rebate/discount offers from Ford to get the monthly down to $550 - which is my budget. It's also what Tesla is offering me.

Edit: Tesla has confirmed that they've pushed my delivery back to October 30th. That should give me Ford MORE than enough time to provide us with a little more transparency on options.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Another advantage of waiting if you're not entirely sold on either... there's a lot more BEV models coming out over the next few years.

JSAlexVa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
Country flag
At this point it might be wise to wait. I had an MME reservation but decided to cancel and went with a used Model 3. I have had bad experiences with 1st year models and that was a concern I had for both the MME and MY. This way I get to enjoy an EV while standing in the sidelines and watching how the new ones perform.

Been extremely happy with my late 2018 M3. Just went on a 1400 mile trip and only spent $80 at Superchargers - and this was with no home charging. Waiting to see the winter performance for my LR but my battery range is estimated at around 300; down from the original 310. The charging network was of concern to me since the usual places I visit have no CCS L3 stations - so also watching to see how the infrastructure improves. Below I plotted the CCS 120W or higher stations versus the Supercharger network (75W and higher) and the difference is noticeable. I didn’t want to spend $50-60K and worry about charging during trips to Cape Cod or Delmarva Peninsula.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Decided to cancelled Mach E for a Model Y 0537F24D-5877-43BD-AFC7-40320E01B037
Ford Mustang Mach-E Decided to cancelled Mach E for a Model Y 3BBAEB14-6238-4C02-89B9-A13D809A688A

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
Country flag
If you don't need a car right now, I would definitely wait until you can compare the Model Y and Mach-E side by side. The Model Y isn't going anywhere, and financing terms tend to get better not worse the longer a model is available for. I've had an overall positive experience with Tesla, and my sole reason for not returning to them is I don't like the minimalistic approach Tesla has taken with the Model Y, resulting in key functionality missing that is present on the Mach-E. However, I'm reserving judgement for when I get to drive the Mach-E, since just because the driving dynamics sound comparable on paper doesn't mean they will feel the same on the road.
Sponsored