Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
TLDR;

As a Mustang (sports car), it's bad
As an electric SUV, it's great
Brake calibration is bad

This is good news for me since I want an electric crossover, not a sports car. Hopefully, the brake calibration is a work in progress.

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
TLDR;

As a Mustang (sports car), it's bad
As an electric SUV, it's great
Brake calibration is bad

This is good news for me since I want an electric crossover, not a sports car. Hopefully, the brake calibration is a work in progress.
It's a good thing 1PD is so good because the brake pedal is awful.

Kyle says the suspension calibration is great. Makes me wonder if some people with the bouncy cars got some wonky units.

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Love Kyle's channel(s), and I find it maybe more amusing than others, at how 'enthused' Alisa(sp?) always looks.

And I got my "Officially UNofficial Out of Spec Motoring Starbucks Drink", and the women kinds gave me a hard time saying, "So you just want the syrup/juice? You may want to try to buy it on Ebay, it may be cheaper." Well, don't work so hard lady to under-sell your location! Give me my drink and don't judge!!!!! LOL!

Last edited:

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Interesting. I am more interested in this car's "sporty" driving than in range or utility. I don't need 911-type driving but still want it to be fun on the back roads.
People with the car currently, is this still a fun car for a spirited Sunday drive? Or is it just a Mazda CX-5?

Edit: And yet here at 26:39 he says he does enjoy driving the car and having fun in it, especially more than the Model Y:

Clydesdale

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M Roadster. Chevy Tahoe. Tesla model3.
Country flag
Interesting. I am more interested in this car's "sporty" driving than in range or utility. I don't need 911-type driving but still want it to be fun on the back roads.
People with the car currently, is this still a fun car for a spirited Sunday drive? Or is it just a Mazda CX-5?

Edit: And yet here at 26:39 he says he does enjoy driving the car and having fun in it, especially more than the Model Y:
When it comes to CUVs, isn’t the Mazda CX-5 considered to be one the “sporty” ones?

If it can match the handling of the Mazda, with the instant torque of the Mustang electric drivetrain, it’s all good.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When it comes to CUVs, isn’t the Mazda CX-5 considered to be one the “sporty” ones?

If it can match the handling of the Mazda, with the instant torque of the Mustang electric drivetrain, it’s all good.
I'd like Ford's GT500 engineers (who worked on this car) to aim higher than CX-5...no offense to the CX-5 owners out there.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Kyle says the suspension calibration is great. Makes me wonder if some people with the bouncy cars got some wonky units.
I'm wondering the same thing. I hope the good folks who experience the bouncy syndrome can test drive another MMe and let us know if they feel a difference.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I'm wondering the same thing. I hope the good folks who experience the bouncy syndrome can test drive another MMe and let us know if they feel a difference.
I was able to test drive another Mach-E this weekend, not only was it just as bouncy, the speedometer screen was just as buzzy.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would not consider this truly "sporty" with the lack of grip from the 225 eco tires. The ride is punishing at all times and all speeds in my car, the brakes are so incredibly touchy that it's impossible to really enjoy "spirited" Sunday drives on curvy roads because it throws the car's weight around when the brakes clamp so hard.

I'm falling out of love with it the more I drive it, it's not that fun at all. It needs wider and stickier tires, better brake calibration, better throttle calibration, better steering calibration, and a better suspension.

If I wanted a cars & coffee crowd magnet, I bought the right car, but the more I drive it, I did not buy the *Mustang* I wanted.
Right, but you're also the guy who has been complaining about the suspension since day one, right? Wonder if something wrong with your car in general.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Grip, throttle feel, brake feel, and steering feel are not ride related.

I have driven another Mach-E, I went to test drive this weekend, it's was just as unacceptable, and annoyingly the screen was just as buzzy.
It's interesting that you do seem to be in the minority when it comes to those things on the Mach E. What was your previous ride?

Clydesdale

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M Roadster. Chevy Tahoe. Tesla model3.
Country flag
I'd like Ford's GT500 engineers (who worked on this car) to aim higher than CX-5...no offense to the CX-5 owners out there.
Can you imagine the night terrors those engineering folks had in challenged to tune a 4,500lb car on 225 width tires? ?. What’s a GT 500 come in at? Wow, Surprisingly at 4,200 lbs which seems in the same ballpark. Still the tires. Maybe the best aftermarket mods to be proven will be wheels and tires for a quick fix.

Don’t worry, there’s some powder left for the GT.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Lovely, I hope you were able to keep it in your garage, as well.
Nope. 1 car household. So I've got this pogo stick with a Mustang badge instead now instead. :( I thought this'd be an upgrade.
Sponsored