Delays, Delays, Delays.

Fortsports

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
TaxAttorney
I feel like a horse being lead by a carrot - just a little further, two more weeks, 1 more month, another month. Has Ford ever heard of under promise and over deliver. I can’t take it anymore - order date was 9/27 and just yesterday, yet again the expected delivery date has been pushed out to 3/11. It’s been in production since 1/4. I know we are all in the same boat, I just wish Ford would be honest and realistic in its projections. I’m so ready to walk!

2/11/22 update - track my order now says 5/8/22.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I feel like a horse being lead by a carrot - just a little further, two more weeks, 1 more month, another month. Has Ford ever heard of under promise and over deliver. I can’t take it anymore - order date was 9/27 and just yesterday, yet again the expected delivery date has been pushed out to 3/11. It’s been in production since 1/4. I know we are all in the same boat, I just wish Ford would be honest and realistic in its projections. I’m so ready to walk!
Sadly, Ford announced it is suspending MME production at the Cuautitlan Assembly Plant on 7 Feb 2022 due to microchip shortage. Who knows what this means to those who have been told their MME is out of the assembly plant but is on "chip hold". For your sake, I hope they finish off these "loose ends". As for me, I don't see any carrot. Ford's promises to do better may only begin to show benefits to the customer much later this year, or after. ?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Sadly, Ford announced it is suspending MME production at the Cuautitlan Assembly Plant on 7 Feb 2022 due to microchip shortage. Who knows what this means to those who have been told their MME is out of the assembly plant but is on "chip hold". For your sake, I hope they finish off these "loose ends". As for me, I don't see any carrot. Ford's promises to do better may only begin to show benefits to the customer much later this year, or after. ?
Your post is a bit misleading. Ford suspended, or reduced, production at 8 plants for the week. It is unclear how long, but it seemed to be understood to be a week. Maybe they want to get all the cars awaiting chips completed because they are put of storage space.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Your post is a bit misleading. Ford suspended, or reduced, production at 8 plants for the week. It is unclear how long, but it seemed to be understood to be a week. Maybe they want to get all the cars awaiting chips completed because they are put of storage space.
Exactly, they can’t suspend for too long they need to keep the labor force strong and in gear. It’s been documented that they are simply pausing for a week to allow the supplies to catch up. Maybe moving labor to complete cars, who knows. It’s not a good time to be impatient given this is a wide spread issue not isolated to Ford. Delays are everywhere for almost everything that requires custom chips.

Production is most likely catching up to the last wave of the pandemic.

Bullitt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium SR AWD, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Country flag
I ordered just 4 days after you and don't even have a production date scheduled yet. You're very lucky to have your car in production already, looks like your 2022 will be one of the first built. You might have some delays, but your wait so far has been much shorter than most other Mach-E orders.

parasandtobi

First Name
Paras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Once it's built, the wait for shipping is much worse. There are some tools you can use to find out clues about where it last was but my ETA was pushed back 5 times when it was "tomorrow". Mine was shipped December 3rd, original ETA was Jan 15 but now it has been pushed to Feb 23.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am very lucky in that everything so far is progressing smoothly. For me I based my expectations on the 28+ weeks estimate when I ordered my car. I appreciate the ability to track progress but obviously delays then become frustrating. If all goes as planned my car will be delivered in April which will be about 20 weeks after I ordered it ( Ford site says mid March but Dealer has mid April.) So from my perspective they will beat their estimate by 8+ weeks.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Misleading? How so? Ford suspended indefinitely MME production at the only plant making them for the US/Europe/Canada markets. Anyway, I have the same hope that you express. that it is a short-term (1 week) suspension to fix immediate problems. It is also realistic to acknowledge that it may be due to a long-term (3-9 month) insufficient microchip supply.
How about this: Maybe they suspended Cuautitlan production so they could bring in the second line, fix the incomplete ones by unlocking their secret hoard of microchips, and double production of completed MME in February? Oh, and all production will go to US markets in next 6 months (let the Europeans buy the Ioniq 5, VW ID4, EV6, etc.) :rolleyes:

Say Watt

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE (Bought back), 2022 Kia EV6 GT-L, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Retired Electronics
Country flag
If this going to be your only car, you will have to walk. My order was the day after yours. Then it got changed to 10/24 after the model year change-over. My estimated production date was 3/28 but who knows now? Then it's delivery. It's time to test drive some other makes. If it is going to take almost a year to deliver a car, how long will you have to wait for a part if something breaks?

nitinkumar00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Mach e
Country flag
how about this. I ordered 9/5 and my GT is pushed to April now, it went to late FEB first and then boom early April the next day lol. Ford doesn’t give two shits if customers get cars in order they were received. Mine has been in production since 12/10. Hey we are still getting a 2021 lol. There are many like me from this build date screwed by ford. Many 2022 might be delivered before we get our 2021.

I feel your pain and hope this might help there are people even worst off so you are not alone.

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
As of today, there’s still a few of us with builds scheduled for this week. Far less than other weeks it seems so they may still make a few cars this week.

Guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat PB
Country flag
I'm very glad I found and participate in these forums. I ordered a MMe premium AWD two weeks ago and because of my participation on these (and other) forums, I have absolutely no expectations of timeframe. Heck, I've even left open the possibility of never getting it.

I'm trying to take the positive approach of thinking that by the time my MMe gets delivered, perhaps Ford will have corrected most of the software snafus that seem to plague early models and maybe even make a few design improvements that improve performance/reliability/range.

My only real concern is being delayed out of the tax credit program. That credit equals about 13% of the purchase price and for better or worse absolutely did factor into my purchase.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
As of today, there’s still a few of us with builds scheduled for this week. Far less than other weeks it seems so they may still make a few cars this week.
Hoping for the best for you. As another said... the suspension of MME production may be to solve the short-term problems and finish those "built" but not yet complete ones.
Sponsored