Differences between Mach-E GT and GT Performance Edition?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I think they held it back because the all-season tires on the GT couldn't handle anymore torque...the summer tires on the GTPE could.
I think they held back to squeeze an extra $5k out of me.

It worked.

GTPE spins the summer tires too fwiw. From a stop up to a 30 mph roll and any speed in between. Punch the throttle and it spins.

I’m looking forward to replacing the stock rubber with something Stickier.
Sponsored

ahg

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E 4x 2014 Accord V6
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The bounciness of the Mach-E models, with the exception of the GTPE, is due to the shocks not having enough damping...the viscosity of the oil in the shocks is too light. The GTPE's Magneride use sensor-controlled shocks to continuously adjust the viscosity up or down for various conditions, automatically, while you're driving. No bounciness on the GTPE and less on the GT.
I looked at the location for a couple of people who said "no bounciness" versus those who complained about bounciness. Those with no complaints seemed to be further north. That might explain the difference. In very hot climates the viscosity of the oil is too low. Just a thought.

Mike Halleman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Silverado, 2021 Lexus 350 Hybrid
Country flag
The GTPE comes with summer tires. I don’t want to deal with the hassle up here in the NE. That was a major factor for me to choose GT over GTPE. That and I wasn’t big on the GTPE seats.
Curious about the GTPE seats, I get mine in January, and I worried about the seats. I'm 6'-2" and I've seen all the negative comments regarding the seats. Anyone have some insight? Honestly I didn't pull the GT build because of the rims

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Curious about the GTPE seats, I get mine in January, and I worried about the seats. I'm 6'-2" and I've seen all the negative comments regarding the seats. Anyone have some insight? Honestly I didn't pull the GT build because of the rims
What negative comments? Only complaints seem to be that some people think the GT seats look better and one person wishes they had more leg bolster.

The good news is you shouldn’t have to look too far to find a dealer with one you can sit in.

Comfort is a personal preference thing.

Mike Halleman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Silverado, 2021 Lexus 350 Hybrid
Country flag
What negative comments? Only complaints seem to be that some people think the GT seats look better and one person wishes they had more leg bolster.

The good news is you shouldn’t have to look too far to find a dealer with one you can sit in.

Comfort is a personal preference thing.
For me, I have wide shoulders, im worried about the fit. All I can find around here are the regular GT, not performance models

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
I'm also 6'2", and they fit me great. The only complaints I've seen are from GT owners who never sat in a GTPE.

carlsvt

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I'm 6'1", love the GTPE seats and don't even know the shoulder bolsters are there.

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Country flag
I have the GTPE and I'm 6' 3" about 300 lbs. long torso. I hit my head climbing in every time (seat bolsters). Unfortunately, the shoulder bolster hits me right in the scapula's (mid shoulder blades). Very uncomfortable. Forces me to lean the seat back at an angle or sit way forward on the seat bottom so my shoulders can line up better on the bolster. I've seriously thought about buying a new seat and having it installed. Any thoughts from anyone?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The only problem I have with my GT-PE seats is that the headrest forces my head too far forward when I have a helmet on. 6-1 here with a torso longer than my friends who re 2-3 inches taller than me. ??

rsfloodco

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Hi I am considering these two models and am trying to figure out the differences.

I know the GTPE is faster.
I think the GTPE is the only one that has Magneride - is that correct?
The website says the GTPE gets 235 miles vs 270 for the GT, but I have read in this forum that its actually 260 vs 270, is that correct?

I dont really care about which is faster, and wouldnt really want to trade off any meaningful range difference for that attribute alone.

I would love if anyone can advise me on other differences between the two that would help my decision?

Thank you.
My PE was getting 260m before winter set in, it’s now reading 210m. What I like most about the PE is the handling. It is amazing. I have 6 traffic circles on my way to work and enjoy every one of them. It’s a 480hp go cart! The seats are racing buckets. I’m not all in on the looks but they hold you tight in the turns. The 0-80 is exhilarating but then your 5 seconds of fame ends (Fords limiting max battery demand to 5 seconds). Overall, I think I’d been disappointed without the PE option.

SirLamerok

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT PE Cyber Orange
Country flag
For me, I have wide shoulders, im worried about the fit. All I can find around here are the regular GT, not performance models
I sat in one at the dealership and I'm 6' 0" tall wide everything and I thought the seats were nice. Mine is almost here.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Based on a sample size of two torsos, I'm now concluding that Mach-E drivers generally look like this.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Differences between Mach-E GT and GT Performance Edition? 1638333120676
That was just some performance edition drivers.

The average of all macheforum.com members will look more like this.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Differences between Mach-E GT and GT Performance Edition? a3943818521_10

Mgtmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 2022 Mach E GT (order submitted 12/28/21)
Country flag
After you ride in the PE with MagRide you will.
i test drove a GT before deciding on placing an order for one. Was always on the fence between a GT and GTPE. Placed an order for a GT two days ago but after reading more and more I decided to go ahead with the GTPE. One of my boys gets carsick so I would feel bad not doing what I could to limit that. Plus I’ve always been about performance and really wanted the rims/suspension upgrades over the GT anyway.
Sponsored