Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi eTron, TT Roush Mustang, *Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The hardware is installed on the 2022s. My 2022 was built in late October 2022 and had the components. You just have to enable the functionality via forscan in accordance with the instructions in this thread.
Question so i got a 2023.5 and FORScan x.x.60 shows the modules however the write option next to the module is not their and i do not want to use the write-all button at the bottom, with that said is their any issues using the write-all vs using just the write next to the box you change?

image.png
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Question so i got a 2023.5 and FORScan x.x.60 shows the modules however the write option next to the module is not their and i do not want to use the write-all button at the bottom, with that said is their any issues using the write-all vs using just the write next to the box you change?

Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY How To: Add Hands-free liftgate back to 2022 Mach-E image
I thought if you made any changes to that "block" of addresses it saved all the changes to the block when you hit Write. No?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag

image.png
You have a 2023.5, so you do not have the hardware. Again, this only works on 2022s. It will not matter if you change the configuration because the sensor doesn’t exist on your car.

Thunderbuck

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
IT Tech
Country flag
You have a 2023.5, so you do not have the hardware. Again, this only works on 2022s. It will not matter if you change the configuration because the sensor doesn’t exist on your car.
That's where I get confused. When I ran my VIN with Ford the report said the modules were there...? (I have a '23...)

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If that Is the case why is the moduels showing up? Would it not be missing from the list like others that do not have it?

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I thought if you made any changes to that "block" of addresses it saved all the changes to the block when you hit Write. No?
You do not need todo a write-all when you only change one block, normally you would only write that one block that was change, their should be a write button next to the block, i just don’t know why mine is missing, so i asked support .. it maybe because i have a beta version of the software.

OP
OP
i8iridium

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag
You do not need todo a write-all when you only change one block, normally you would only write that one block that was change, their should be a write button next to the block, i just don’t know why mine is missing, so i asked support .. it maybe because i have a beta version of the software.
Some modules have a longer "block" of code. For example, if you hit write at 7D0-09-05, it'll write the changes for everything in 7D0-09-01 to 05. It's just how some modules are set up.

That being said, your year of car doesn't have the hardware has others have said, so it won't do anything.

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Some modules have a longer "block" of code. For example, if you hit write at 7D0-09-05, it'll write the changes for everything in 7D0-09-01 to 05. It's just how some modules are set up.

That being said, your year of car doesn't have the hardware has others have said, so it won't do anything.
Got it .. you are correct .. i just noticed that … (restore / write ) is only at the end of each block .. makes total sense thank you ..

just one thing still remain why would i see this block of code if my car does not have the module? Does the code not come from the module? Or is this just codes within the ECU?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got it .. you are correct .. i just noticed that … (restore / write ) is only at the end of each block .. makes total sense thank you ..

just one thing still remain why would i see this block of code if my car does not have the module? Does the code not come from the module? Or is this just codes within the ECU?
i8iridium and I were saying the same thing. But apparently it didn't come across that way.

OP
OP
i8iridium

i8iridium

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
U.S. Air Force
Country flag

those are codes for the APIM and the BCM to allow the module to work if it installed. It doesn’t necessarily mean the hardware exists. Additionally, it might mean something completely different in a 2023.

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
i8iridium and I were saying the same thing. But apparently it didn't come across that way.
Sorry .. i8iridium is very clear to me … don’t know why but i 100% understand his responce, thank you for trying th…

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
those are codes for the APIM and the BCM to allow the module to work if it installed. It doesn’t necessarily mean the hardware exists. Additionally, it might mean something completely different in a 2023.
Copy that .. makes sense as well .. i also can confirm the module is not physically installed in my car, however the code to support it is present, i was able to enable it and see the on screen option; so the code is for the module that is not installed ..

now the question is should i purchase the module and wiring needed, then re-enable back the codes?

Why in the world did Ford remove this option in the first place?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Cost. Saves them $100 per vehicle, with no change to the base vehicle price equals $profit.
That and the fact that when it opened by itself in some people's garages it caused a dent in the liftgate.

Like if your keyfob was near enough to the car and your cat or other small mammal wandered around in your garage...and just under the back of your MME.

Electric Fusion

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That and the fact that when it opened by itself in some people's garages it caused a dent in the liftgate.

Like if your keyfob was near enough to the car and your cat or other small mammal wandered around in your garage...and just under the back of your MME.
I truly hope it was only for cost saving, because why hurt so many others for a limited few, anyone with attached garage and animals etc.. should not have it turn on, or Ford could just set the sensor to detect the keyfob very close to the rear of the car before allowing hands free to operate vs getting rid or it .. with that said I never had that issue with my Audi etron or 2021 Mach E, just sucks to not have it in my 03 GT.
Sponsored