wholesome

First Name
Philipp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e 2022 awd ext
Hi everybody, I have a question:
I bought a 2022 premium, hands-free liftgate is not available, but it seems that modules are in the car, as far as I checked the list of modules.

I want to enable it, but I am concerned that changing this option with FORScan could void the warranty. Is this possible?

Thank you.
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Hi everybody, I have a question:
I bought a 2022 premium, hands-free liftgate is not available, but it seems that modules are in the car, as far as I checked the list of modules.

I want to enable it, but I am concerned that changing this option with FORScan could void the warranty. Is this possible?

Thank you.
It will not void the warranty.

Mrtman

First Name
Kowalski Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTEP
Occupation
Retired IT then Long Hall trucker for a bit
Country flag
I am just getting started on this. My MME has the required components.
In FORScan, why are there 2 APIM Module Configurations? I'm guessing that I should use the one labelled AS BUILT format. What is the other one?
Thank you

Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY How To: Add Hands-free liftgate back to 2022 Mach-E 1714766675258-oy

wholesome

First Name
Philipp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e 2022 awd ext
The other one is settings for the module in user friendly format. Convenient to change other things like seatbelt chimes or step away double honk (its in different module) If you go inside the module (play button in Forscan) you will see

Sweepersan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Occupation
Musician, University Professor
Country flag
So sorry I'm late to this party, but I need your help. I have a 2022 Ford Mustang Mach e GTPE. It has the components for the hands-free liftgate. I've checked via this VIN number lookup. My issue is, I do not have a Windows laptop (I'm an Apple user).

My question is this: is it possible to enable the kick-to-open liftgate feature using a scan tool such as iCarsoft CR Max? Why hasn't anyone mentioned this and only FORscan? Is that because FORscan, a Windows laptop, and an OBD dongle are so much cheaper?

I would really rather find someone who lives in my area (Chicago) and is familiar with FORscan to do the job. I would be willing to pay that person. Otherwise, I'll go to Amazon, start ordering, and suck it up! I'm obsessed with getting this feature if I can!

Thanks!

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So sorry I'm late to this party, but I need your help. I have a 2022 Ford Mustang Mach e GTPE. It has the components for the hands-free liftgate. I've checked via this VIN number lookup. My issue is, I do not have a Windows laptop (I'm an Apple user).

My question is this: is it possible to enable the kick-to-open liftgate feature using a scan tool such as iCarsoft CR Max? Why hasn't anyone mentioned this and only FORscan? Is that because FORscan, a Windows laptop, and an OBD dongle are so much cheaper?

I would really rather find someone who lives in my area (Chicago) and is familiar with FORscan to do the job. I would be willing to pay that person. Otherwise, I'll go to Amazon, start ordering, and suck it up! I'm obsessed with getting this feature if I can!

Thanks!
The iCarsoft CR Max doesn't look like it has the ability to edit asbuilt values. And that's the real problem. FORSCAN together with something like an OBD MX+ is really all that is needed to change asbuilt values, read and clear codes and do a lot of the same maintenance functions that the spendy handheld device does, for a lot less money.

Sweepersan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
The iCarsoft CR Max doesn't look like it has the ability to edit asbuilt values. And that's the real problem. FORSCAN together with something like an OBD MX+ is really all that is needed to change asbuilt values, read and clear codes and do a lot of the same maintenance functions that the spendy handheld device does, for a lot less money.

Got cha. I'm on Amazon now... Wish me luck. I'll report back... And Thanks!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Got cha. I'm on Amazon now... Wish me luck. I'll report back... And Thanks!
Wait! You can buy a used Win 10 laptop for sub-$200 and an OBD2 interface that works with FORScan for pretty cheap. You definitely do not need a new PC. You can also use Boot Camp on an Intel Mac. I never tried Parallels for FORScan but I am told it won’t work for FDRS. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Sweepersan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Bought an OBDLink cable and a cheap Windows laptop today ($170 all in) and after playing with Forscan for 15 minutes to figure it out, I was able to enable the hands free lift gate… I can’t believe how easy it was! 😁

Thanks to OP for the tutorial and @BudC for the clarification on page 18!

On to find other things to tweak on MME, and later on maybe graduate to FDRS!
Hey There! Which $100 Windows machine did you get? I'm an Apple user and would be getting a Windows laptop just for this... Thx

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Hey There! Which $100 Windows machine did you get? I'm an Apple user and would be getting a Windows laptop just for this... Thx
It was this one - not fast but did the trick and upon checking, it cost me even less than $100!

Ford Mustang Mach-E DIY How To: Add Hands-free liftgate back to 2022 Mach-E IMG_0712

wholesome

First Name
Philipp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e 2022 awd ext

Thanks!
I followed the steps from West1134 comment here https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ee-liftgate-back-to-2022-mach-e.16407/page-20 and it was pretty straightforward.

I think you could use emulator/bootcamp to use free windows version on your macos computer. bootcamp should be the easiest if you have intel macbook.

Brief googling showed this link for example: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/my-forscan-for-mac-setup-instructions.63244/ and there are others

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I followed the steps from West1134 comment here https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ee-liftgate-back-to-2022-mach-e.16407/page-20 and it was pretty straightforward.

I think you could use emulator/bootcamp to use free windows version on your macos computer. bootcamp should be the easiest if you have intel macbook.

Brief googling showed this link for example: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/my-forscan-for-mac-setup-instructions.63244/ and there are others
AS long as you can get the adapter to be recognized through the emulation you should be fine.

Sweepersan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
***UPDATE*** (For the success story, see below where I ask for help.)

Well… I feel like the only person on here who is having difficulty with this. I successfully got the option added to my Sync screen, but nothing happens no matter how hard, fast, or slow I kick, or at what angle.

I swear I only changed the 2 numbers, one in the APIM and the other in the BdyCM sections. I’ll take a picture of my laptop screen to show both of the code in their entirety. At this point, I wouldn’t mind seeing both full codes, as opposed to the xxs.

Btw, I have a 2022 GTPE. Any help would be appreciated...

*** As I continued to peruse the forum looking for anyone else who had malfunction issues, I saw i8iridium's post about the LIN callibration. Because I don't like to give up I thought, let me try that one last thing before going to bed. So I Googled the procedure and went out to the garage one last time... I did the procedure, packed up, and for the hell of it kicked under the license plate... WTF?!?! It worked!!!! I'll sleep a little more soundly tonight.

Thank goodness for this forum.

Last edited:

wholesome

First Name
Philipp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e 2022 awd ext
A bit offtopic: i also disabled double honk and seatbelt chimes with forscan, and i think its much better this way.
Sponsored