2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
Continental Extreme Contact DW 06 Plus in 245-50/19. They are better then the Michelin Primacy in all aspects. Noise, comfort, grip (X1000), name it. I do not even see a reduction in range.

When we all thought Ford spec the Primacy's to maximize range, now I think it was only a cost control move.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...DWS06PXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes
So, I'm looking at this exact tire as it fits the rims and is same diameter. How do you like it so far and what are you seeing in range (hwy/city)?

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I love the tires so far and see no change in range.
What did you do with originals?
I wonder if it will be possible to have the dealer to replace the tires for a couple hundred bucks... Not sure if I want to pay more.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Long Range
Country flag
What did you do with originals?
I wonder if it will be possible to have the dealer to replace the tires for a couple hundred bucks... Not sure if I want to pay more.
I’m trying to sell privately. After spending over $80K CAD for the car including taxes I’m not going to worry for a few hundred bucks to have tires that allow me to enjoy the car 100%.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Continental Extreme Contact DW 06 Plus in 245-50/19. They are better then the Michelin Primacy in all aspects. Noise, comfort, grip (X1000), name it. I do not even see a reduction in range.

When we all thought Ford spec the Primacy's to maximize range, now I think it was only a cost control move.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...DWS06PXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes
Back to tires. So you replaced original 225-55/19 with 245-50/19, and it doesn't cause any problem? I am planning to ask my dealer if they can replace the originals with this ones, but not sure if they object due to different size.

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Mach-E GT, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
my wife loves her red premium ext range AWD. Says it is best car she has owned (after 4K miles of driving). I like to “borrow” it and am impressed (I drive a Porsche Taycan)

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Long Range
Country flag
Back to tires. So you replaced original 225-55/19 with 245-50/19, and it doesn't cause any problem? I am planning to ask my dealer if they can replace the originals with this ones, but not sure if they object due to different size.
No problem whatsoever, only improvements in ride comfort, grip, noise level. No change in range.

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Many people have changed tires to wider tires. I cannot in my heart do it now because of the stellar looking rims on the premium. But I would definitely do it if I didn't like the rims. Damn aesthetics!

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
Many people have changed tires to wider tires. I cannot in my heart do it now because of the stellar looking rims on the premium. But I would definitely do it if I didn't like the rims. Damn aesthetics!
Wait, can't you put 245-50/19 tires on the original rims?

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
I've gone from 95% happy to 98% happy after trading in my First Edition, to my GT.

Few small things, which I think can be made an option with a software update. Side mirrors auto tilting when backing up. Things like that, and other easy to do options.

MissyBenita

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E premium
Occupation
retired detective
Country flag
Wait, can't you put 245-50/19 tires on the original rims?
I have the same question re: tire size for my RWD premium. I noticed Guy went to 245/50/19 & loves them. They also have a 235/55Z/19. Curious what the performance difference would be between the two & if they're both viable options? Not sure if they're stocked locally, but after spending all night researching this, I think these seem the best option. Did you change yours already? If so, what did you opt for? Don't want to show up at the tire place & be told, "Jane, you ignorant ...." cause I ordered the wrong size.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I have the same question re: tire size for my RWD premium. I noticed Guy went to 245/50/19 & loves them. They also have a 235/55Z/19. Curious what the performance difference would be between the two & if they're both viable options? Not sure if they're stocked locally, but after spending all night researching this, I think these seem the best option. Did you change yours already? If so, what did you opt for? Don't want to show up at the tire place & be told, "Jane, you ignorant ...." cause I ordered the wrong size.
After getting my MME I didn't notice anything wrong with the tires, so I'm still using OEM.
But I checked and got quotes from 3 places for EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 PLUS - SIZE: 245/50ZR19, including the dealership, and nobody said that it's a wrong size.
Sponsored