Does the Mach-E lose charge while sitting?

Asheck

First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e premium red
Occupation
USPS
Country flag
Hi! We are getting ready to go on vacation and will be parking at the airport for 16 days. Just curious if the Mach-e will maintain its charge while sitting for 16 days. I’ll be leaving it at about a 65-70% charge.
Sponsored

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
I went to Alaska in July for 10 days and left my car at my friends house but not on charge. It was pretty much the same but I did have some setting issues to resolve

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Technically yes, but it wont be much.

There are a number of modules in the car that need to be powered up at all times. These are things like the alarm system, the sensors that respond to your key (to let you get in), the cellular radio used to talk to the mother ship (get updates, etc.) and so on.

All of these are powered from the 12v battery. At some point that battery will get low and need a charge. The car has a module that monitors that battery level and when it needs a charge, it will get one. If plugged in, it will charge from AC power. If not plugged in, it will use the high-voltage battery to charge the low-voltage (12v) battery.

Ford recommends that if you were planning to leave the car parked for a an extended period (many months) that it is best for the high-voltage battery to leave it charged only to 50%. But 16 days isn't very long.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Ford recommends that if you were planning to leave the car parked for a an extended period (many months) that it is best for the high-voltage battery to leave it charged only to 50%. But 16 days isn't very long.
Not many months!!! 30 days or more.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Does the Mach-E lose charge while sitting? 1631719114178

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
1% in 2 months from what I saw someone post on Facebook group.
Sponsored