Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I've offered to do updates for people in the MSP area and have only gotten a couple takers in a year. There is a stigma associated with having some random dude do your updates rather than the dealer, even though we are way better at it. It hasn't proven to be popular.

I think Andy (scoopman) was the most successful updater, there are a lot more Mach-E's in San Fransisco, so a greater chance of people wanting to head over locally. Or maybe it was just the YouTube fame. 😄

So my advice would be make the decision based on your own needs, don't expect to get much business.
Yeah, we had a few doughnut and FDRS parties in Andy’s driveway. 😊🐩
Sponsored

GERChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Are there any 3rd Party update providers in the PA, MD, NJ area ? 🤔

I mean I still hope that the 10k Service and the promised module updates will get me out of 3.5x

Mark Hassa

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Rapid Red Mach E Awd SR
Occupation
Food Inspector
Country flag
Are there any 3rd Party update providers in the PA, MD, NJ area ? 🤔

I mean I still hope that the 10k Service and the promised module updates will get me out of 3.5x
A complaint to the dealer as to why you are stuck in the 3.xx series updates is all you need to get them to upgrade. This would be covered by warranty. I was stuck twice and had the dealer update the required modules. Keep in mind that the car and FordPass will still show the old update number until another successful OTA overwrites it.

dethbunny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue GTPE, 2023 Dark Matter Gray P4X
Occupation
Build Imagineer
Country flag
I wonder, is there overlap in the (Mach-E owners) + (beer homebrewers) groups? I could really optimize my weekends if I could do a bunch of FDRS updates and a bunch of mashing and boiling in parallel.
Sponsored