'Door Fault' Service Required

RSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E P ER
Country flag
Following the 4.1.2 OTA update, my MME starts with a Door Fault message. I have reported this before, now that many more have received this I am wondering if anyone else gets this. Acknowledging the error clears it until the next time you start the car. Other than the Departure Time problem (that has gotten better in the last few days) my MME has been trouble free for 25k miles in two years. I had hoped this would clear itself with 4.1.3 but I got that yesterday and the Door Fault is still there.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Following the 4.1.2 OTA update, my MME starts with a Door Fault message. I have reported this before, now that many more have received this I am wondering if anyone else gets this. Acknowledging the error clears it until the next time you start the car. Other than the Departure Time problem (that has gotten better in the last few days) my MME has been trouble free for 25k miles in two years. I had hoped this would clear itself with 4.1.3 but I got that yesterday and the Door Fault is still there.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

AstralLiving

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE in Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Video Game Producer
Country flag
I started getting this yesterday. 2022 GTPE with 2700 miles on it. I believe I am on 4.1.2.

Happened twice yesterday.

I will observe further and post an update if it continues to happen.

AstralLiving

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Video Game Producer
Country flag
Has continued to occur. It happens a few minutes after starting the car, 100% repro.

I just brought my car in to the dealership for a headlight fix so I'm not stoked to bring it in again so soon.

OP
OP
RSF

RSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E P ER
Country flag
in my case it did turn out to be a module in the door. Short visit to the dealer to diagnose it then a 1 hour return to install. Its been fine since.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Has continued to occur. It happens a few minutes after starting the car, 100% repro.

I just brought my car in to the dealership for a headlight fix so I'm not stoked to bring it in again so soon.
Is this a nuisance error code or is there something that happens with the door not opening or something like that?

Ride_the_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Uhg. Too many electronic items. My door should have three operating modes: open, closed, and locked.

AstralLiving

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Video Game Producer
Country flag
in my case it did turn out to be a module in the door. Short visit to the dealer to diagnose it then a 1 hour return to install. Its been fine since.
Great to know.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Power update 3.6.1 and have had no update for months. Door button would not work today which is nothing new. Unlocked it with phone then pushed the door button to get in. Start it and got the message Door Fault service required. Turn off open door start again same message. These modules just break sitting there? Has it just disappeared for anyone?

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
Power update 3.6.1 and have had no update for months. Door button would not work today which is nothing new. Unlocked it with phone then pushed the door button to get in. Start it and got the message Door Fault service required. Turn off open door start again same message. These modules just break sitting there? Has it just disappeared for anyone?
Job 1 here. I'm not seeing any error messages but just in the last week or so the driver's door won't open when walking up (PAAK or FOB). I must use the unlock button in the app (I'm a PAAK user, don't need to carry any keys) OR I need to open the passenger door first, which releases or enables the driver door to open when the button is pressed.

Everything was fine following my recent 20k service visit. Never had this issue before. Coincidentally, or not, I recently received 4.2.1 (possibly a 2nd time per message).