ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I think I figured out why the error is popping up on mine. The rear hatch isn't opening from the sync ui. Hopefully I can get that serviced soon and quickly.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I think I figured out why the error is popping up on mine. The rear hatch isn't opening from the sync ui. Hopefully I can get that serviced soon and quickly.
Good afternoon! I would be glad to help you out with these door fault error concerns if you'd like. Just shoot us a direct message with your VIN and dealer name/location, and I'll get right on it. Thank you!

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
My dealer returned the MME broke with this fault. Over a month later the BEV team is using a different dealer to address the issue. They will also be fixing my rear hatch scratches from the ghost opening into my garage door. It is on video.

john `doc`

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F250 Toyota Prius Possible future mach-e
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Country flag
We have 5,800 miles on our 2022 MME and have had the door-fault-service-required for a while. Initially it seemed somewhat intermittent at first but now shows up every time we start.

Called the dealership where we purchased and we like - they are a smaller dealership - their 1 EV mechanic had recently left so we called another dealership and were surprised to be able to get an appointment for the next day at 8:30AM.

Today we took to dealership and were told they would have the car back by 3PM - we (wrongly) assumed with an appointment they would be able to do the diagnostics at the appointment time and we could wait - they did provide a courtesy shuttle.

Got a call around noon indicating that we needed to have the right rear door latch replaced - then the bad news - they did not have this in stock and they called only to find the part was back ordered they had no idea of when it would be available.

They again provided shuttle service to the dealership - a bit of confusion - was told to go to cashier to get key fob - turned out never made it there and was a the service manager keyosk.

They had the car charging on their 1 charger. - added 22 miles in about an hour.

I asked for the code they found - they described as general electrical issue - however on the printout where they reported they had ordered the part there was a "A99" which may have been the code for the right rear door latch - I've seen other codes in this thread in the 9x range.

The ford pass application reports "No active Alerts" - the vehicle reports the same.

I guess I am too optimistic about the technology - if the car can report the fault when starting and the fault indicates service is required - why cannot that information be communicated to the alert system and show as an active alert - and from there the dealership be able to see what parts are likely be required and the stats of those parts - in shop, at distribution or backordered.

The need for the customer to go to the dealership only to be told based on a code that a part is required and it is on backorder seems like a waste of time for the customer as well as the dealership.

Are others waiting for these latches on backorder?

I weathered the wait for over a year from ordering to delivery of my MME - However I expected the supply line issues were pretty much over - others seemed to indicate that their dealerships had the needed parts on hand.

johnh...

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I asked for the code they found - they described as general electrical issue - however on the printout where they reported they had ordered the part there was a "A99" which may have been the code for the right rear door latch - I've seen other codes in this thread in the 9x range.
My fix. No longer need to press OK

Door Fault.jpg
Code U3000: 91 This was the rear driver side door. It took a few months here. Good thing not longer as I was starting to wearing out the OK button ;). Really not sure why the error as the door opened and closed fine. Maybe it is not locking? I never tested that as there was not much I could do about it if that was the case. I would just know that was the case which I really did not want to know. Never flew open on me which is good.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
My MME is at the dealer for the door fault (second time) and a few other issues are being looked at as well. There seems to be some confusion as to whether they are backordered or not. Two years of ownership and pushing three months at the dealer. :(

OlaviK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR (Re-scheduled to StarWhite), VW e-UP!
Country flag
Had this annoying pop-up (2021 AWD SR EU version) for more than a month now. Finally today they were able to change "a door module" as warranty. Hopefully it'll clear the alarm for good. Been using the car ever since the first alarm popped up without any actual issue - besides really pissingmeoff.

door.png

hfelch

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
Had the same message pop up on my 23 Mach E Premium. I checked all the doors and they operate fine (open and close with no issue). From the forums, it seems a module needs to be replaced. I scheduled service for this and hope the parts are not backordered too far into the future.

Mark K

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Continental, Escape Hybrid, Motorhome, Mach Ex Pre
Occupation
Retired & now Drives a School Bus
Country flag
Just had my MME back from FORD after a High Volt Battery issue. Millage & Battery % seem better now. Now today - Break Fault is showing up. Have a call in right now awaiting. Has anyone experienced a Break Fault prior?

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I finally got mine in for service. Looks like they need to replace the front passenger latch control module since it still errored out after reprogramming. They ordered the part and were cool enough to let me drive it like this so I just gotta wait for the part to come in and take it back for a quick (hopefully) replacement. All covered under warranty too. They also did Recall 22B28 which I thought I already had through OTA, but I guess I was wrong.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Just had my MME back from FORD after a High Volt Battery issue. Millage & Battery % seem better now. Now today - Break Fault is showing up. Have a call in right now awaiting. Has anyone experienced a Break Fault prior?
You might want to create a new thread for that. It would be difficult for anyone experiencing a brake issue to come across this question.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Had the same message pop up on my 23 Mach E Premium. I checked all the doors and they operate fine (open and close with no issue). From the forums, it seems a module needs to be replaced. I scheduled service for this and hope the parts are not backordered too far into the future.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
If ever there was a clear sign that we have way to much effing unnecessary tech in our cars...

Seriously, 'DOOR FAULT'? It's a door. It opens, it closes, it locks. Christ, Ford, you can't even get this simple thing right.

john `doc`

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F250 Toyota Prius Possible future mach-e
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Country flag
My MME is at the dealer for the door fault (second time) and a few other issues are being looked at as well. There seems to be some confusion as to whether they are backordered or not. Two years of ownership and pushing three months at the dealer. :(
I have not been contacted by the dealership which said the item was backordered and had no idea of when it would be available - maybe I need to try a different dealership?

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I have not been contacted by the dealership which said the item was backordered and had no idea of when it would be available - maybe I need to try a different dealership?
After four weeks at the dealer I am getting my car back tomorrow. This is my second dealership experience and I can say it was also terrible. Ford was paying $80 a day for a rental so you would think they would approach this differently. Best of luck.
Sponsored